Deleted
    Have all the right to be here, my free speech is just as valid as your free speech.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Misanthrop View Post
    Have all the right to be here, my free speech is just as valid as your free speech.
    This isn't a matter of free speech. Secondly, your post was self defeating and just overly cynical /woeisme post. It doesn't help.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    I dunno. I do consider this testing process far different than any other.
    That is absolutely the case ... given the 'code' is pretty much done, it seems they are spending an inordinate amount of time on tweaking, polishing than ever before. In effect a 6-8 month beta to release. I just hope this means we get an awesome result, because if spending 3 times the effort on the same result doesn't bode well for the future.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

You're right, and I can criticize that type of laughable "WoW is dead" opinionated garbage just like any other post someone makes. Which is what I'm doing.

Feel free to exercise your free speech. I'll do the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Free speech only applies to public discourse, private locations and sites offer no such protection.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    That is absolutely the case ... given the 'code' is pretty much done, it seems they are spending an inordinate amount of time on tweaking, polishing than ever before. In effect a 6-8 month beta to release. I just hope this means we get an awesome result, because if spending 3 times the effort on the same result doesn't bode well for the future.
    I'm more excited to play this expansion than I have been in ages. Like, whenever an Expansion is coming out, I'm purely excited because I get to play more WoW and experience it in new avenues.

This expansion I'm excited because there's actual features I'm invested in. I adore the Artifact system. I love the focus on story. I like that we're back on track with the "main" story of WoW which it feels like WoD kind of skipped around.

It's like a nostalgia trip back to Wrath for me. Let's just hope the execution is as solid live as it's looking right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Well, at least we have a date. And at least we can stop arguing about it. No more people claiming it won't be ready by September, or claiming it'll be out soon.

The question is now when the pre-patch will launch. Seems like they've not decided yet. If I recall correctly, they said "probably 4-6 weeks" at Blizzcon. Sooner the better I say. The Legion invasion will give us stuff to do, which I'm sure we'll all enjoy a lot more than doing nothing. (And it'll let my RP server set up some longer epic campaigns to enjoy.)

It might be a great idea to go the Cataclysm path too. Get the new game mechanics and class changes in even earlier. It'll let people get started on running old content to expand their transmogrification libraries, for one thing. They can't release an expansion before it's done, but anything they can give us to do while it nears, will be a good and thoughtful thing.

A question to people with access to the Legion Alpha. Last I heard about old PvP sets was during a Blizzcon interview, where they mentioned these might become available for gold. I've heard no updates about it yet.

This may mean such changes aren't made yet on the testing realm yet, or even decided on by Blizzard. Or if they are, gold amounts may not be finalized yet. Still! If anyone has any insight, I know a few people that would be delighted to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    A question to people with access to the Legion Alpha. Last I heard about old PvP sets was during a Blizzcon interview, where they mentioned these might become available for gold. I've heard no updates about it yet.

This may mean such changes aren't made yet on the testing realm yet, or even decided on by Blizzard. Or if they are, gold amounts may not be finalized yet. Still! If anyone has any insight, I know a few people that would be delighted to hear.

When I checked a couple of weeks ago, they needed some new form of currency. Mark of PvP something or other. No idea where it's from (or if it has changed since).

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    It might be a great idea to go the MoP path too. Get the new game mechanics and class changes in even earlier. It'll let people get started on running old content to expand their transmogrification libraries, for one thing. They can't release an expansion before it's done, but anything they can give us to do while it nears, will be a good and thoughtful thing.
    They didn't get the mechanics/class changes in any earlier in MoP. The MoP pre-patch was released August 28 and the expansion August 25. It was only 4 weeks ahead of time.

In fact, the only expansion where the pre-patch was more than 6 weeks ahead of time was Cata. In Cata, the systems patch was out 8 weeks before the expansion and another pre-patch that added the Shattering/old world revamp was 2 weeks ahead of the expansion. For that matter, excluding the Cata outlier, the only time a pre-patch was more than even 5 weeks ahead of time was in TBC when it was 6 weeks, and the reason that one was 6 weeks was probably because the pre-patch was released in early December and the expansion itself right after New Year's.

Given this past history, and the fact that they've outright called out 4-6 weeks as the expected time frame, I think the most likely scenario is that it happens either 4 or 5 weeks out. We are probably looking at August 2 or August 9 for the pre-patch. That means they could go as late as just after the 4th of July for the 7.0 PTR to go up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberria View Post
    They didn't get the mechanics/class changes in any earlier in MoP. The MoP pre-patch was released August 28 and the expansion August 25. It was only 4 weeks ahead of time.

In fact, the only expansion where the pre-patch was more than 6 weeks ahead of time was Cata. In Cata, the systems patch was out 8 weeks before the expansion and another pre-patch that added the Shattering/old world revamp was 2 weeks ahead of the expansion.
    Woops, Cataclysm was what I meant.

The only reason that they did Cata like that was that the old world "Shattering" was only ready a couple of weeks before the expansion, but they didn't want to drop the pre-patch only 2 weeks before the expac (probably because of the world event, etc and because it's not really enough time). There's really nothing like that this time - maybe the Demon Hunter starting area that has to be ready for the pre-patch. However, that was the first thing they had active for testing, so it's pretty much done.

I just don't see any reason to think it will be outside of the 4-6 window they already said they are planning on, when every previous expac with the exception of the clear Cata outlier well within that pattern. 6 weeks isn't all that likely either given past history.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberria View Post
    The only reason that they did Cata like that was that the old world "Shattering" was only ready a couple of weeks before the expansion, but they didn't want to drop the pre-patch only 2 weeks before the expac (probably because of the world event, etc and because it's not really enough time). There's really nothing like that this time - maybe the Demon Hunter starting area that has to be ready for the pre-patch. However, that was the first thing they had active for testing, so it's pretty much done.

I just don't see any reason to think it will be outside of the 4-6 window they already said they are planning on, when every previous expac with the exception of the clear Cata outlier well within that pattern. 6 weeks isn't all that likely either given past history.
    Hey, I didn't say it's going to happen. I said it would be a great idea.

What the fuck have they been doing. WoD will be a 21-22 month expansion with 2 god damn raid tiers and 1 major fucking content patch. 2 14 month end tier gaps back-to-back with the BIGGEST WOW TEAM WE'VE EVER HAD. Blizzard are just liars. yeah im dumb and will play legion when it comes out but im returning my OW preorder blizzard can all go fuck themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saiona View Post
    What the fuck have they been doing. WoD will be a 21-22 month expansion with 2 god damn raid tiers and 1 major fucking content patch. 2 14 month end tier gaps back-to-back with the BIGGEST WOW TEAM WE'VE EVER HAD. Blizzard are just liars. yeah im dumb and will play legion when it comes out but im returning my OW preorder blizzard can all go fuck themselves.
    Yeah...I haven't pre-ordered Overwatch I don't think I will.
    Might refund my Collector's Edition, and get a Digital Deluxe Version instead with the one hundred boost, mount and pet, Heroes mount etc...

Still hoping to get the game still though, and kinda annoyed at the release. Only got a CE in the first place, because I was wanting the date to be July.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's funny and sad at the same time when you see people getting so butthurt about stuff that was never mentioned by Blizzard, but by forum posters speculations. "I didn't get my sparkly unicorn with butterflies, so I'll show you....I'll not get this or not play that" Don 't believe anything you read on the internet, by anyone...just wait till something actually happens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saiona View Post
    Wow, this might be the dumbest thing I've read all day.

"Fucking WoW team slacking. I'm canceling my Overwatch pre-order."

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post

I am addicted to WoW so I know I will play Legion, but I am not going to support Blizzard's other products. When SoO's drought happened I said I wouldn't support Hearthstone and I haven't.

Why are you choosing the alpha/beta discussion thread to whine about the game.

Go away. God damn.

Skip 14 pages and suddenly everyone is at each others throats. Must investigate.

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post

Yeah that's pretty stupid. Two completely different development teams. If you don't like 14 month patches you don't have to play it. I don't know why people think they have to stay subbed during the "droughts". Let Blizzard worry about the dwindling subscriber base during those periods.