Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    All the new stuff sounds pretty exciting, between the keystones and the world quests. I can't wait to check it out
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

Quote Originally Posted by dejaa View Post
    Been in the alpha for a while. Feels like more of the same. Lessons were not learned from WoD.
    Class order hall and something that looks very similar to a "mission table" does indeed strike down the fact that lessons might not have been learned. Testing things out are well and good, but another mission table? That shit failed specifically twice in a row, and they think it's going to work a third time around? I'd be a bit sceptical, inspite of Ion's attempt to hand-wave the concerns aside on the forum.

The idea of phasing and instances reaching above and beyond minor reward hubs and dungeons/raids has grown so prominent now that the open world suffers from it. Garrisons were a prime example of how you do not treat an MMORPG. Have they forgotten what the genre implies?

There are a few interesting concepts in Legion, such as an overarching PvP system that includes everyone. That hasn't been in place since patch 2.0. That's a lot of years. Then you have world quests, which look like they will be an extension on random daily quests. Good and good, but another mission table? Please...
    There is common sense and ignorance. Choose one and accept the consequences.

Thought a bit the same about WoD .. quit after 2 months..

10+ Year Old Account
    It's " Eye of the beholder" stuff. Fun is individual perception.

People's tastes sometimes change. You could argue that everything has been fun all along.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly?

I’m hopeful, but feel like they really need to go all in on world quests; any half-arsing of this and, quite honestly, I’ll move on and not look back. They need variety, challenge and progression that fits in with dungeons and professions properly, with raids as an additional activity for those who want to pursue them.

My biggest misgiving is the class design. Chris Zierhut absolutely needs replaced – the class design has been dreadful for years now, and that shows no signs of changing. And while that might seem unimportant to some people (those who argue it’s all about “balance”, but simultaneously argue it’s not possible), I think a player’s avatar in the game world is fundamentally important. Get that wrong, and everything said avatar interacts with will be poisoned from the ground up.

But if they have proper, through-expansion, progression for world quests, professions and dungeons, then I feel like there could well be a “return to fun”.

Unfortunately, their determination to keep the stupid garrison click-UI minigame around is a source of deep frustration.

We’ll see what influence that has.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Foj View Post
    WTF are you talking about? You can't do that in heroics. People are still wound up. Impatient assholes are in LFD 24x7. In the first couple of months heroics were intolerable because half of the group had been practicing speedruns for 2 months in the beta, and everyone else was like "so how does this work exactly."

The chill attitude is gone. By and large groups don't run instances for fun any longer.

If you disagree you should lift your blinders.
    You think 50% of people has acces to the beta?

That makes even less sense.

I had several relaxed runs at night.

Way to go on the defensive. Maybe you should drink less

Well, following the blue posts it certainly seem as if their design philosophy has shifted a bit from from the streamlined and balanced side to the fun and engaging. And on paper, things like keystone dungeons, pvp prestige and a dynamic world does make it sound like it's something I could see myself playing for a long, long time.

I'm cautiously optimistic about it so far, let's just put it like that.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Well from my experiences in alpha I can say for sure it's a lot more fun for me personally. The new honor system and world quests are really turning out nicely. There's for sure a -lot- more to do this time around.

7+ Year Old Account
    As every expansion before it, Legion has the potential to save WoW as we know it. It does not require much from the Blizz devs, to make Legion a game which will bring back the enjoyment of the game and the playerbase, which follows that. Lately, sadly, Blizzard have been doing a very poor job of bringing expansions, which gives enough content. If Legion can keep people occupied with content, which aint too boring or dumbed down, i do believe that Legion can bring back some, if not much, of WoWs former glory.

It will though require a lot of work from the side of Blizzard. The expansion alone is not gonna be the determining factor; the first content patch will. After 6.1, and to some extent 6.2, people have gotten a pretty bad relationship with extra patches. Blizzard needs to surprise the playerbase with the amount of content, which they can bring with 7.1. People are crawing for something, that surprises them on a positive note. If Blizzard can get the playerbase to say "Wow! There is a lot to do, and it seems like there is going to be even more very soon", then they will proberly begin to see the numbers of late Cata, early Wrath, ones more.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    WOD looked fun on beta too, so don't be hyped for nothing and wait for the reviews.
    WoD got 90% on most of the review sites so...

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiksLE View Post
    WoD got 90% on most of the review sites so...
    And it was pretty damn good at first, reviews don't cover the disasterous 6.1 patch and the extreme lack of content following that. If WoD had built on what it could have been then it would have ended up quite nicely.

I miss having a reason to leave town other than to fly to HFC. If they can give me that, they can keep me around. From everyone I know who's quit, who's talking about it, and who is hyped for legion, everyone including myself seems to have a general same idea on what they want. Literally anything. Anything that makes having friends important, anything that makes some of these beautiful zones actually worth doing. What we have is a single player game with a queue system. This stopped being an MMO. Hell I see more people in the world on Dark Souls 3 than I do in WoW.
    Bleh

7+ Year Old Account
    WoW is dead since 2008, didn't u guys know that? Oh wait... the doomsday preachers are wrong??! Preposterous!

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allenseiei View Post
    WoW is dead since 2008, didn't u guys know that? Oh wait... the doomsday preachers are wrong??! Preposterous!
    Didn't you hear there are literally 0 people buying Legion and we know this because we are butthurt enough to turn psychic? Outlook is pretty grim, the end is near.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Could you provide examples of content that kept people occupied, was not dumbed down and (now here is the killer) actually got universal praise? I am really curious, because when I joined in 2008, people were shitting all over WotLK. So I really wonder when we had this magical, long lasting, fun and difficult ongoing content? Would you count the Onyxia attunement as that? I wouldn't really, because it kinda only kept the handful raisers busy.
    Good luck getting universal praise for something in a game designed to have different features appealing for most people but not all features to suit one. There will always be bitching about a feature because not everyone wants that feature, and those who don't got their head so far up their ass they can't believe there are features being developed for other purposes than catering to their own needs/wishes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Well, you should definitely quit your job and develop games. You have the magic formula it seems. Should make you millions. Easily

I wonder if you include this forum as "decent". I am amazed at the hate and shit talking that erupts after about 3 positive posts.

That said, I too have pre-ordered the physical CE and I am not even sad that we have to wait until August 30th because I have busy months ahead at work.
    You people and this retarded argument: "Oh, you think you have any idea how to improve something? GO MAKE IT THEN!"
    Look, I KNOW that I would love every pizza in the world more with Bacon in the crust, doesn't mean I can cook a every pizza with bacon in the crust. But I can ask someone who cooks pizza if he can do it.
    That's what player feedback is: You tell the game company what you want, and they should consider that.
    Back to pizza: If you want meatball pizza, you order meatball pizza. If they give you spinache instead, you complain.
    But you idiot whiteknights eat it up and said that's what you wanted all along, because BLIZZARD CAN DO NO WRONG!

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    And it was pretty damn good at first, reviews don't cover the disasterous 6.1 patch and the extreme lack of content following that. If WoD had built on what it could have been then it would have ended up quite nicely.
    Yeah, that's why reviewers should start understanding that MMOs don't work the same way as other games. You can't judge one after playing for 3 days as if it was new game in Batman series.

I remember having amazing time in WoD in Highmaul, doing all sorts of Garrison stuff, invasions, Barn, CMs etc. Turned out this was just a cover up for absolutely NOTHING else to do the rest of the expansion. And for me, HFC is way worse than Highmaul in terms of pacing, setting and boss battles.

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Yeah, that's why reviewers should start understanding that MMOs don't work the same way as other games. You can't judge one after playing for 3 days as if it was new game in Batman series.

I remember having amazing time in WoD in Highmaul, doing all sorts of Garrison stuff, invasions, Barn, CMs etc. Turned out this was just a cover up for absolutely NOTHING else to do the rest of the expansion. And for me, HFC is way worse than Highmaul in terms of pacing, setting and boss battles.
    Super unpopular opinion but I personally believe WoD had too much content on release for what Blizzard had planned, it set a super high bar for what the content patches needed to be. They had no balance what so ever.
    Bleh

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boathouse View Post
    Super unpopular opinion but I personally believe WoD had too much content on release for what Blizzard had planned, it set a super high bar for what the content patches needed to be. They had no balance what so ever.
    In a way yes, they could at least have spaced out Highmaul and BRF a bit better. Now I know some guilds blast through these things faster than others but we'd only just made it into HC when BRF launched. They could have at least achieved a smaller gap between HFC and Legion if they had delayed both BRF and HFC by a couple of months.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hav0kk View Post
    it looks like wod 2.0 and the fun will die out after a couple of months,at least for me, i just cant see it holding my attention for long

a legacy server on the other hand, would have me hooked for months to years. that's just me
    For you sir, a WoD legacy server! Months to years of endless fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Boathouse View Post
    If they had the same patch logic in WoD as they had in MoP, the game would be pretty damn glorious. But well, they didn't.