Deleted
    The way I see it, we are in a corner here: blizzard doesent offer us a choice. You pay them for the game (you buy the CD key, that is pretty much everywhere equiling buying a game, but not to the blizzard overlords) and they provide no service.

Playing on private servers doesent make blizzard lose money. I play on retail and private, and the only reason i shift to private servers is b/c I find wotlk to be a better game than the abomination it has become (blizzard=burning legion confirmed). People that cant afford to play on blizzard (if you live on the balkans, you know it) arent actually riping blizzard off of their $$$. In fact, me and a lot of people were introduced to wow by people that played on private servers.

So what do we have next? We have a team that is giving us a server, a service that blizzard refuses to give.
    Is it theft? Yes. But by the law of supply-demand, blizzard should give us something. They dont.
    Do they have the right to sue Nostralius? Yes, but that is such a dick thing to do. Most old school games are up there for free these days, and even if they are not- there is still someone somewhere that provides servers and additional services.

It is obvious that blizzard is a corporation that cares only about $$$ these days, but even then, I cant justify their ruination of someones fun when they clearly have no profit there, apart from destroying the community- the same one that probably spends their money on SC,Diablo and HS.

Can blizzard run vanilla servers? Yes, no doubt.
    Most thing that they claimed to be hard/impossible/drain too much resources I have found to be implemented on private servers. Some of this thing later became "awesome new features in later expansions" lol.

In the end, I understand that blizzard is a corporation. But even then, they win nothing with this but riping their own fandom apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Watain View Post
    The way I see it, we are in a corner here: blizzard doesent offer us a choice. You pay them for the game (you buy the CD key, that is pretty much everywhere equiling buying a game, but not to the blizzard overlords) and they provide no service.
    you are not in the corner you are provided service that you yourself agrred upon in toes - if you are unhappy with the service gtfo away from game go do something else becase that the only service you will get. unless you are the person who goes into chineese restaurant only to whine that it doesnt serve mexican food.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Watain View Post
    T
    Is it theft? Yes. But by the law of supply-demand, blizzard should give us something. They dont.
    do you even realise how ridiculous you sound ? pls dont do that to yourself because its self-humiliating and showing the life self awarness of 6 year old at best who when his mommy refuses to give him candy stops in the middle of the street and start to cry in full volume so she changes her mind

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hav0kk View Post
    this guy makes some good points and i agree fully with what most of what he says

one of the best videos out there ...

10+ Year Old Account
    In the end, I understand that blizzard is a corporation. But even then, they win nothing with this but riping their own fandom apart.
    They'd gain customers by adding classic realms

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santoryu View Post
    They'd gain customers by adding classic realms
    This again? That they'd gain costumer was never a question.

The question is if they would generate enough profit for them to consider cater to the vanilla croud.

Spoiler alert, it won't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azgraal View Post
    Spoiler alert, it won't.
    Well gosh darn it why didn't you say so a thousand pages ago? Could've avoided all this back and forth.

The question is if they would generate enough profit for them to consider cater to the vanilla croud.

Spoiler alert, it won't.
    You have no idea if it would or not, nobody does except the people at Blizzard that for all we know are running the numbers as we speak.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratatosk View Post
    Well gosh darn it why didn't you say so a thousand pages ago? Could've avoided all this back and forth.
    I know right? It's like we like to go back and forth for a thousand pages and get nowhere.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gsara View Post
    You have no idea if it would or not, nobody does except the people at Blizzard that for all we know are running the numbers as we speak.
    I agree, I'm just assuming (oh fuck I hope "someone" doesn't read this word) that's the scenario.

Meanwhile, Blizzard, who are the only ones that truly matter and can decide what or what not to do, have lastly commented on the subject with an obtuse no.

Quote Originally Posted by Gsara View Post

so true - and guess what who said it wont be viable ? that exact blizzard people who are runing those numbers and blizard says - no.

also not as we speak - they have been saying no for past 5 years just before this nost-shit-larius nobody payed real attention to occassional "give us legacy servers threads"

15+ Year Old Account

Spoiler alert, it won't.
    I actually think they would and that's my biased opinion. I know for sure they would be bursting at the seams while content droughts like this are going on.

The amount of incredibly stupid people missing the point in this thread is too damn high. I think JonTron summed this whole thing up rather nicely, it's just a shame there are so many brown nosing Blizzard fanboys missing the bigger picture.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    so true - and guess what who said it wont be viable ? that exact blizzard people who are runing those numbers and blizard says - no.

also not as we speak - they have been saying no for past 5 years just before this nost-shit-larius nobody payed real attention to occassional "give us legacy servers threads"
    They also said there will never be pve-pvp server transfers or a cash shop or in game gold selling or character boosts and the list goes on. There has also never been this much publicity with private servers so dont think they couldnt or wouldnt change their stance about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Turaska View Post
    ...it's just a shame there are so many brown nosing Blizzard fanboys missing the bigger picture.
    Or perhaps people just... Don't agree with the fact that IP theft is alright. Tough luck that you don't have the community you wanted. For some reason I have a great guild in wow that I get along with excellently, we have in fact arranged various guild meet ups, some have even gone on holiday together etc.
    We've got 30+ people active at most times. The community is there if you work for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Omnoms View Post
    Or perhaps people just... Don't agree with the fact that IP theft is alright. Tough luck that you don't have the community you wanted. For some reason I have a great guild in wow that I get along with excellently, we have in fact arranged various guild meet ups, some have even gone on holiday together etc.
    We've got 30+ people active at most times. The community is there if you work for it.
    This is not about IP theft. Its about Blizzard providing legitimate Legacy servers. Congrats on having a community, I used to have that but lost it after MoP and WoD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    I actually think they would and that's my biased opinion. I know for sure they would be bursting at the seams while content droughts like this are going on.
    The thing that makes it hard for me to consider vanilla realms a viable thing and not a money/resources drain on the main product is precisely its bullet point.

You play on the patch you deem the best in WoW's history. You kill the bosses a dozen of times. Then what? More patches would mean moving forward and vanilla advocats don't want that, or they'd play live. Full reset every 6 months or so? Imagine the wrath of those who get too attached to their characters. There's no way for Blizzard to win from a business standpoint, and eventually people would start moving on as the "flavour" stagnates and the company would be left with a giant vanilla elephant in the room. Then they'd axe the servers and the only party that would have beneficied from this endeavour would be those who play on pirate servers that would actually spend money for it (instead of what I believe is the great majority who is all talk).

Quote Originally Posted by Atelniar View Post
    Nay, you never said that Ielenia, that is what you apply as a bandage now, in order to weasel yourself out of a difficult dilemma that I point out.

You said:

Let me compare it word for word: no, it still doesn't mean the same.
    And all you've done is that you have almost no reading comprehension, if any. I never claimed Blizzard to be all-knowing. You're reaching. Grasping at straws, especially as you try to imply that "holds more weight" somehow translates 100% to "is all-knowing". I've only said that Blizzard knows more about the market than the average MMO-Champion poster. I never claimed they know everything..

You changed your phrasing gradually for each time I pointed out the naive nature of the idea
    What can I say? I tried to word it in ways people without reading comprehension would understand. But the point has always been the same. You just keep attempting to twist my arguments from a "Blizzard knows more than you" into a "Blizzard knows everything there is to know" strawman.

You sneakily try to imply that Blizzard has more knowledge about the subject than me.
    ... Are you implying that you, somehow, know more about the market than Blizzard? Is that it? What's next? Going to claim you know more about astrophysics than Neil DeGrasse Tyson?

Joke aside, well, what did you expect? The simple fact Blizzard is a successful company does mean they know more about the market than you, more than the average MMO-Champion poster. Just like a successful archaeologist would know more about archaeology than you. Just like a successful physicist would know more about physics than you, and so on and so forth. To try to imply otherwise is... well, not smart, really.
    Last edited by Ielenia; 2016-04-19 at 01:46 PM.

Deleted

"If Blizzard is afraid that an eleven year old version of WoW beating a modern version of that game, they should be ashamed."
    THIS, is pure gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Hav0kk View Post
    this guy makes some good points and i agree fully with what most of what he says

very good video

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Turaska View Post
    The amount of incredibly stupid people missing the point in this thread is too damn high. I think JonTron summed this whole thing up rather nicely, it's just a shame there are so many brown nosing Blizzard fanboys missing the bigger picture.
    One can see if something is wrong (blind fanatism for outdated software + IP theft) without brown nosing.

If you saw my post history you'd see that I've been strong on the opinion that WoD was a giant flop and a disgusting money grab. Blizzard charged us more for this "expansion" only to abandon it halfway to focus on Legion without coming clear with us. In my opinion they planned to make of WoD the big tie in with the movie. When the movie was pushed back more than a year due to Star Wars and other factors, they got fucked and axed a lot of plans, and decided to focus on Legion instead, without an ounce of respect for those who paid >45€ on the WoD box.

I wouldn't be saying that if I brown nosed Blizzard, and if you've been paying attention, I've been ranting quite a lot against vanilla servers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Quickbowjob View Post
    "If Blizzard is afraid that an eleven year old version of WoW beating a modern version of that game, they should be ashamed."
    THIS, is pure gold.
    That's not gold, that's a moronic statement. From a software maker standpoint, I'd hate if a small group of vocal people kept demanding a 11 year old version of my flagship software instead of the up-to-date version, too.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by orderschvank View Post
    very good video
    He makes a good point why telling people to unsub if they don't like something or provide negative feedback is not a good thing