Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vacashamanica View Post
    What if the events of this expansion destroy azeroth as we know it and the next Xpac is actually the remake of WoW, 2.0 with new engine, new models, new classes and heavily modified classes, new heros, new lore. It would be amazing.
    I had a similar idea come to me the other day. Final legion patch: perhaps a raid in the nether world or argus, kill Sageras. Next expac would be against the old gods. I dont remember if the sleeping Titan is still in Azeroth, but somehow old gods wake and corrupt him/her which will destroy Azeroth. Or maybe we have to kill the old gods which would also destroy azeroth. Somehow have the Dranei/Naruu help with spaceships or portals to a new world (ESCAPE FROM NAMEK!). Old WoW dead, new Wow with new lore, start fresh level 60. I think its pretty extreme, but I wonder how maybe people would play WoW2 with new engine/technology/servers. Also I think the greatest threats are the Void Lord/Shadow Gods. They can probably come up with new stories using that. Im really just hoping they kill WoW and start fresh.

Deleted
    I dont think blizzard is going to create a new MMORPG any time soon.

On the other hand that would be a good explanation why a team made out of 250 developers only is able to add a selfie cam to patch 6.1.. as all the other guys work on the new big mac for 2017.

It will definitely have some Burning Legion influences in it after what happend in Legion.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    I dont think blizzard is going to create a new MMORPG any time soon.

On the other hand that would be a good explanation why a team made out of 250 developers only is able to add a selfie cam to patch 6.1.. as all the other guys work on the new big mac for 2017.
    I honestly don't think Blizz ever will make a new MMO. They're dominating the "join a queue, play a 10 minute game, rinse and repeat" market with Herathstone, Heroes, and Overwatch. Add onto that that the traditional MMO market is drying up.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Well since I very successfully predicted Legion long before its release, I'll have another go at it!

I think the obvious follow up for Legion would be something regarding old God or Naga influences, and what better time to start a naga storyline than when you're literally out in the ocean already! Plus, people speculated on the description of the creatures that killed Main Universe Gul'dan all that time ago, and it was often speculated they were naga. Perhaps we'll see a lead in for an expansion like that.

Just one big problem:

While some loved Vashjir, it was one of the most hated zones in the game and discouraged Blizzard from attempting further underwater content. It was their first experiment with underwater zones and it flopped - hard - so I would be EXTREMELY skeptical of them ever attempting an underwater expansion. Just not happening. The only way i see a Naga expansion is if it'd take place on land, and that'd have to be a South Sea expansion which has been expected for years.

That said, I feel like they'll probably go a different route.

With the new lore about the Void Lords and the ultimate goal of the Legion I have little doubt in my mind Blizzard is planting that plot thread as a lead-in for the next expansion. Like the Legion expansion was predictable due to the lead in, I think this'll be roughly the same. By introducing a new enemy at the same time as they wrap up the last one, it just seems too likely that the Void Lords will be somehow involved in a near future. Even throughout WoD you can see the Void influences with "The Edge of Reality", Voidtalon, and Void magic. But how that expansion would go I can't guess.

I'd expect there to be a lot more Titan-themes in it though and we'd get more lore on the titan's missions and their background than already provided in the book.
    If you're right. I'll send you 1k gold.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post
    It will definitely have some Burning Legion influences in it after what happend in Legion.
    With the new lore about the Void Lords and the ultimate goal of the Legion I have little doubt in my mind Blizzard is planting that plot thread as a lead-in for the next expansion. Like the Legion expansion was predictable due to the lead in, I think this'll be roughly the same. By introducing a new enemy at the same time as they wrap up the last one, it just seems too likely that the Void Lords will be somehow involved in a near future. Even throughout WoD you can see the Void influences with "The Edge of Reality", Voidtalon, and Void magic. But how that expansion would go I can't guess.

I'd expect there to be a lot more Titan-themes in it though and we'd get more lore on the titan's missions and their background than already provided in the book.
    Highly doubt we'll get a THIRD Legion Expansion in a row (don't call WoD anything other than a Legion expansion, Orcs were done by the halfway mark.) If they can make Void Lords feel not like a copy/paste of the Legion, maybe. But I don't trust Blizz enough considering what I saw at Oshu'gun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are you quoting me? My quote has nothing to do with Burning Legion. The Void lords aren't that similar other than there having been Void beings encountered in the past.
    Mostly because of the Void Lords, and how honestly they feel like reskinned Legion right now.

Haven't read Chronicles yet, sounds like Blizz actually put effort into explaining this mysterious "Void" that we've been teased since BC, but I don't see the difference yet.

My headcanon for 7.2 is that Azshara will raise Thal'dranath off the sea floor, along with N'zoths prison. But we end up accidentally releasing N'zoth in our haste to try to kill him. He slithers away into the ocean, and disappears with Azshara.

Perfect set up for a Dark Below Old God expansion.

Deleted
    Queen Azhara - south sea exp. pack with the remaining islands and some under sea zones or instances (caves) if its not working.
    Naga, Zuldazar and the troll lore, Kul Tiras kingdom, the Deadmines with Goblins and plunder isles with the pirates.

And otherwise i can see another Cata V2. where the storylines in the old world move forward some zones will be rebuild others destroyed.
    They easly can create new villians in the old world aswell since we still have the Grimtotems, C'thun can return, we can get titan stuff with the dwarfs and we can have troll stuff aswell now that Hakkar got released after last ZG.
    (i also think it can work this time around with the new Legion systems where they can combine high level and low level in a zone with scaling so all will see the content)
    Last edited by mmoc2b606a4969; 2016-04-19 at 06:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    My headcanon for 7.2 is that Azshara will raise Thal'dranath off the sea floor, along with N'zoths prison. But we end up accidentally releasing N'zoth in our haste to try to kill him. He slithers away into the ocean, and disappears with Azshara.

Perfect set up for a Dark Below Old God expansion.
    Yes please, yes please.

Yes please.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    Queen Azhara - south sea exp. pack with the remaining islands and some under sea zones or instances (caves) if its not working.
    Naga, Zuldazar and the troll lore, Kul Tiras kingdom, the Deadmines with Goblins and plunder isles with the pirates.

And otherwise i can see another Cata V2. where the storylines in the old world move forward some zones will be rebuild others destroyed.
    They easly can create new villians in the old world aswell since we still have the Grimtotems, C'thun can return, we can get titan stuff with the dwarfs and we can have troll stuff aswell now that Hakkar got released after last ZG.
    (i also think it can work this time around with the new Legion systems where they can combine high level and low level in a zone with scaling so all will see the content)
    In the Cata2.0 instance, may I just throw this idea out there. It's kinda become my go-to alternative to Azshara because people hate Vash'jir.

We defeat the Avatar of Sargeras and everyone is happy! And then Genn decides it's time to take back Gilneas (something that'd been teased since SoO). So the pre-event is a big old Battle For Gilneas 3 (after the one in the Worgen Starting Zone and Silverpine). At the end of which, Sylvanas, with nobody to stop her in the Horde, uses the plague for real this time. Possibly killing Genn or Crowley or somebody important.

Anyway the Horde gets pissed and the Alliance is still pissed, and we get an expansion that's just a giant revamp of Lordaeron.

Though I hope we don't deal with N'Zoth and Azshara in Legion. I still want my boat.

There is even a moment in Legion where she says: "My wrath is coming..." - it's part of a quest in Azsuna.

World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Bitch Queen confirmed?

Quote Originally Posted by GameGod888 View Post
    There is even a moment in Legion where she says: "My wrath is coming..." - it's part of a quest in Azsuna.

World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Bitch Queen confirmed?
    There is a boss in Eye of Azshara called "Wrath of Azshara" so she's referring to that.

xD I see - would be cool nonetheless

Quote Originally Posted by LateralusGT View Post
    I had a similar idea come to me the other day. Final legion patch: perhaps a raid in the nether world or argus, kill Sageras. Next expac would be against the old gods. I dont remember if the sleeping Titan is still in Azeroth, but somehow old gods wake and corrupt him/her which will destroy Azeroth. Or maybe we have to kill the old gods which would also destroy azeroth. Somehow have the Dranei/Naruu help with spaceships or portals to a new world (ESCAPE FROM NAMEK!). Old WoW dead, new Wow with new lore, start fresh level 60. I think its pretty extreme, but I wonder how maybe people would play WoW2 with new engine/technology/servers. Also I think the greatest threats are the Void Lord/Shadow Gods. They can probably come up with new stories using that. Im really just hoping they kill WoW and start fresh.

Did you just reply to a post that is over a year old? My god man, start a new thread next time.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    will prolly be something related to the old gods, void lords and naga

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully Old God-themed, I've always found them more interesting than the Burning Legion.

Well since I very successfully predicted Legion long before its release, I'll have another go at it!

I think the obvious follow up for Legion would be something regarding old God or Naga influences, and what better time to start a naga storyline than when you're literally out in the ocean already! Plus, people speculated on the description of the creatures that killed Main Universe Gul'dan all that time ago, and it was often speculated they were naga. Perhaps we'll see a lead in for an expansion like that.

Just one big problem:

While some loved Vashjir, it was one of the most hated zones in the game and discouraged Blizzard from attempting further underwater content. It was their first experiment with underwater zones and it flopped - hard - so I would be EXTREMELY skeptical of them ever attempting an underwater expansion. Just not happening. The only way i see a Naga expansion is if it'd take place on land, and that'd have to be a South Sea expansion which has been expected for years.

That said, I feel like they'll probably go a different route.

With the revelation of the void lords, I think naga just became mid-tier villains.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    With the revelation of the void lords, I think naga just became mid-tier villains.
    Okay so what am I missing here that makes the Naga mid-tier villains in a Void Lord expansion?

Shouldn't N'Zoth be the final boss then? Azshara doesn't serve the Void Lords now, does she?

Ashzara and her naga would be mid-tier leading N'Zoth leading to void lords