Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Pastor Suing Whole Foods for Anti-Gay Slur Written on Cake.

http://www.mystatesman.com/news/news...g-anti-/nq7R5/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p972qntg1qM

There is absolutely no way an employee wrote the anti-gay slur on the cake.

So tired of people creating their own victimhood.

It's also telling that in the same afternoon this cake was purchased he filled a lawsuit.

Pandaren Monk
    7+ Year Old Account
    Sick of these assholes crying wolf on their own scams, claiming outrage and then making demands on innocent people. Fuck this guy. If I were the bakers I would counter sue his ass.

http://www.statesman.com/news/busine...e-accus/nq7qt/

Whole Foods taking legal action against cake accuser, releases video

Austin-based Whole Foods Market said it is taking legal action against an Austin man who claims he purchased a cake from the retailer that included a slur against gay people.

Whole Foods also released its security footage video from its North Lamar Boulevard flagship store that it says contradicts the man’s claims.

Whole Foods on Tuesday said it has investigated and said the man, Jordan Brown, made fraudulent claims and that the company would take legal action.

“After a deeper investigation of Mr. Brown’s claim, we believe his accusations are fraudulent and we intend to take legal action against both Mr. Brown and his attorney,” the company said in the statement.

The retailer said Monday in response to Brown’s claims that their bakery team member wrote “Love Wins” at the top of the cake. This, the retailer recounted on Tuesday, was visible to Mr. Brown through the clear portion of the packaging.

“That’s exactly how the cake was packaged and sold at the store,” the company said. “Whole Foods Market has a strict policy that prohibits team members from accepting or designing bakery orders that include language or images that are offensive.”

The retailer went on to say Brown admitted that he was in sole possession and control of the cake until he posted his video, which showed the UPC label on the bottom and side of the box.

“After reviewing their security footage of Mr. Brown, it’s clear that the UPC label was in fact on top of the cake box, not on the side of the package,” Whole Foods said. “This is evident as the cashier scans the UPC code on top of the box, which you can view here.”

The company said it continues to stand behind its team member.

“We stand behind our bakery team member, who is part of the LGBTQ community, and we appreciate the team members and shoppers who recognize that this claim is completely false and directly contradicts Whole Foods Market’s inclusive culture, which celebrates diversity,” the company said.

More than a half a dozen calls and emails to both Brown and his attorney Austin Kaplan seeking comment were not immediately returned Tuesday .

The two, along with several others, held a news conference at the attorney’s office at 98 San Jacinto Boulevard on Monday. At the event, the group shared pictures of a cake inside a box showing a UPC label on the bottom of the box.

Brown, who was emotional at Monday’s news conference, said he went to the Whole Foods flagship store and asked the bakery associate to write “Love Wins” on the cake.

He said he paid for the cake but didn’t look inside the box until he was at a stop light later and later contacted a store associate but was told they did nothing wrong.

Brown said he is openly gay and said he was offended and humiliated.

Kaplan said a lawsuit was filed at Travis County District court on the matter Monday.

In the lawsuit, Brown said he was seeking damages and monetary relief for mental anguish, court costs and other expenses.
    Last edited by ezgeze; 2016-04-19 at 08:12 PM.

As usual with would be professional victims they're not very inventive in what they do or imitate. What a joke.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

How do you not look at a cake you ordered to have a custom drawing on the top of it?

This guy should be jailed for wasting everyone's time. And for being a FAG!

Infracted.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2016-04-21 at 07:58 PM.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

It's my understanding that this was a hoax.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

I am happy to see Whole Foods suing this guy and the law firm representing him. I wonder how long it will take for this dude to come clean.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well this is why you have an investigation, a trial, and a need to provide evidence.

If the guy faked it, then he should be slammed with a nasty countersuit. If it happened as claims, then Whole Foods is going to be writing a check.

I suppose the good thing about increasing technology and social media is it is increasingly likely there is footage of incidents like these to show who is in the right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, my money's on the pastor writing this himself just to get his name in the news. Leave the falsifying victimhood to the left.
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is the pastor gay? He's not actually a pastor then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgettable View Post
    Is the pastor gay? He's not actually a pastor then.
    How do you figure that? There are numerous denominations that have no problem with homosexuality.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxere View Post
    Leave the falsifying victimhood to the left.
    Really? You want to seriously claim that playing victim is something that falls along a political spectrum??

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luftmangle View Post
    http://www.mystatesman.com/news/news...g-anti-/nq7R5/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p972qntg1qM

There is absolutely no way an employee wrote the anti-gay slur on the cake.

So tired of people creating their own victimhood.

It's also telling that in the same afternoon this cake was purchased he filled a lawsuit.
    Saw this story this morning.

It's totally fake. You can tell the consistency of the icing on the slur is different than the message above.

Guy likely thought he was real clever. I wonder how many people are falling for it?

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post

It's totally fake. You can tell the consistency of the icing on the slur is different than the message above.

Guy likely thought he was real clever. I wonder how many people are falling for it?
    Not too many now Whole Foods released their footage.

You would think if he wanted to pull this shit he would go to Walmart or something. Not pick the most culturally diverse and inclusive grocery store and attempt to create a situation where someone wrote the word "fag" on his cake.

I am just waiting for the apology from this guy now that Whole Foods is counter suing him.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post

Anyone that saw anti-gay and had a seizure.

Huzzah. More reason to cast doubt on people claiming discrimination.

Also apparently according to whole foods the baker working at the store who took the order is a member of the LBGTQ+-<> community.

Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    Did you write the message on the cake or were present at the time? If not, how do you know what happened?

- - - Updated - - -

But to which of those letter and symbols did the cake writer belong? Those letters and symbols don't get along as well as the rest of society like to believe.
    It's all moot. The Pastor claimed the cake was sealed like that. But the evidentiary photos of the cake allegedly unopened feature the UPC sticker in a different location. Meaning that the box was unsealed, and then later resealed using the same sticker. Which is 100% contradictory of his claims.

EDIT: and the burden of proof is on the accuser. So he has to explain that one.

Did you write the message on the cake or were present at the time? If not, how do you know what happened?
    One, the type is different between "Love Wins" and "Fag".

Two, the icing on the word "fag" is skinnier.

Third, the guy claims Whole Foods sealed the cake with the tag on the bottom, but on the security footage Whole Foods released, the tag is clearly on the top.

Fourth, he didn't see the word "fag" through the clear cellophane, and this was the only thing he purchased.

Fifth, he himself claims he didn't see the word "fag" on the cake until he reached his vehicle. He was still in the parking lot of the store, but didn't immediately go back into the store. Instead he waited several hours later to contact the store and record a video of the cake.

Guy is liar. Just like most people who claimed they were wronged.

snip
    He opened it and wrote it and resealed it, but forgot to replace the UPC on the top, which is clearly where the front lanes employee scanned the UPC. The pastor himself admits from the time that he purchased the cake until the video, he was in sole possession of the cake.

Imagine getting this upset because you had to recall when you saw some mean words on a cake, what a completely ridiculous yet somehow alluringly simplistic life.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

If this isn't SJW fail I don't know what is? lol