Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I want Blizzard to see ideas and make them WoW's own, not implement them as they functioned in those other games.
    I would however like it if tokens for character services, pets and mounts became a thing, not sure if some other game has that. I wouldn't mind if we could have the gold pool of our accounts across all characters (serverbound ofc) and same with the reagent banks, with easier mor convenient ways to transfer gold between servers.

Oh, and I want the "max 50 chars per account" to span across all servers, not having it be restricted to 11 chars per server.

One thing I know I'd absolutely NOT want, is GW2 fast travel. WoW having ground mounts, flight masters, SOME portals and different aircrafts/boats and flying mounts = part of the immersion of this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    I think the problem with player housing, is that it takes people out of the world and makes it feel empty.
    Which is easily countered by also having relevant content out in the world. This old trope is as tired as the "flying ruins the world"-crap that people spout even through expansions like WOTLK and MoP...

Optional Player housing would be just that, optional. It shouldn't be, like Garrisons, where gathering and shit is done.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2016-04-19 at 09:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    And people wonder why they haven't convinced blizzard.
    "Player housing or gtfo".

If you want to make a better argument, then try something other than player housing for the sake of player housing.
    Try to find a find a way it makes sense in that expansion, in that territory.
    I could get behind a good player housing argument
    But that isn't one.
    Where would it work in a game that with every new plot thread it's all about a giant apocalyptic war? there's no point in the story where any form of actual customisable player housing.

And you would think that since our player character is such of a legendary hero and is admired by our faction's people we would have a household in our home lands.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    Wildstar housing (but improved)

Guild Wars 2 crafting and world quests and transportation system.
    How can you improve Wildstar's housing outside of better axis camera controls? it's the best housing system out there honestly.
    Blizzard's cutting corners again? Yare Yare Daze...

15+ Year Old Account
    Where I want to be and where I am are 2 different places
    I know original wow was a 2 or 3 year thing but I liked how there was content created every couple of months whether it be a new 5 man, 10 man like ZG, main raid BWL, AQ's. There was always something on the horizon. Now the land is just getting smaller and less stuff involved. I want a huge continent like Eastern Kingdoms, content released often even if it means having 2 5 mans released every 4-7 months or so.

I also like scaling from GW2. I want to use the world even after it expires. It's insane that we throw it away once the new stuff comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by CrossNgen View Post
    Where would it work in a game that with every new plot thread it's all about a giant apocalyptic war? there's no point in the story where any form of actual customisable player housing.

And you would think that since our player character is such of a legendary hero and is admired by our faction's people we would have a household in our home lands.

- - - Updated - - -

How can you improve Wildstar's housing outside of better axis camera controls? it's the best housing system out there honestly.
    See, that is why it is a problem.
    Where would it work.
    It could have potentially worked in the "classic" world, but I am having trouble seeing where it fits in new primarily hostile continents.
    Perhaps IF there was a way of offering some of the housing-like features, into class halls or some other relevant structure.
    What is is about player housing that people are obsessed about.
    What features of it do they think could be brought into something else.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Maybe not so much a feature but I actually really miss the boss themes from playing FFXIV. Normal dungeons had decent music and raid bosses had themes unique to themselves or the raid. Typically orchestral style but the primals would go from the ambient and orchestral styles to having rocking tracks that start during key phase transitions was such a nice touch and gave an "oh shit" feel to the fights.

Not something to do on every fight for a game like WoW but it'd be a pretty nice touch for big events.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Deleted
    SWtor - space combat missions

But then with zepplins/boats/airships - mounts ground/air/water.

Where would it work.
    It could have potentially worked in the "classic" world, but I am having trouble seeing where it fits in new primarily hostile continents.
    Perhaps IF there was a way of offering some of the housing-like features, into class halls or some other relevant structure.
    Housing is done in special housing zones.

http://darkageofcamelot.com/housing/zonemaps

Check Dark Age of Camelot or Wildstar to see how you can do nice housing. You can walk/transport into these zones and if done right (this is where Wildstar is lacking) meet other owners, see their houses and when they allow it even enter their homes. You gain small benefits and can display rare and interesting loots.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    SWtor - space combat missions
    But then with zepplins/boats/airships - mounts ground/air/water.
    Oh yes, they where awesome. Like Starfox.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

10+ Year Old Account
    I broke my Sarcasm radar so I cannot tell. Outside of player housing and such:

What else could even be done O_o
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Where would it work.
    It doesn't need to be a problem, not everything needs to be about the new continent, make fucking use of the world you've built ten years ago, what if my character wants to live a quiet life but is actually a sociopathic killer who has a fetish for womens' hands in the house he built and designed?

And as for why players are obsessed about player housing you should look into Wildstar's housing.

- - - Updated - - -

Check Dark Age of Camelot or Wildstar to see how you can do nice housing. You can walk/transport into these zones and if done right (this is where Wildstar is lacking) meet other owners, see their houses and when they allow it even enter their homes. You gain small benefits and can display rare and interesting loots.
    But you can visit other players' housing plots, there's a whole part of the housing UI for that.

So what if perhaps there were more customisation options, at least from the viewpoint of your character in the class halls.
    In that you could unlock visuals, such as banners, items on the wall etc.
    But obviously only you would see them by default due to the shared nature of the space, but perhaps like garrisons you could invite players to "see" your version.

The more individual housing model still has the problem of where it belongs territory-wise.
    Putting in the "old world" works, but then it seems rather silly as far as travel requirements.
    It should be something that fits into the story of the current continent in my view, and while garrisons were in a lot of ways badly implemented, they made sense in their story role.

Player housing would really need a well protected, low hostility region.
    And quite frankly I feel there are better things to protect than that housing in a new hostile continent.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-04-19 at 10:26 PM.
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

But you can visit other players' housing plots, there's a whole part of the housing UI for that.
    When they invite you. You can't stroll down the street and just watch other peoples houses.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

10+ Year Old Account
    When they invite you. You can't stroll down the street and just watch other peoples houses.
    You can make your plot either public(where every other player can enter and leave whenever they like) or make it private or friends and contacts only.

And as for why players are obsessed about player housing you should look into Wildstar's housing.
    This has been a far longer discussion than that, long before Wildstar was a thing.

World events (many MMOs, maybe Rift is best example) and guild competitions (guild competitions borrowed from BDO). Events where an enemy faction goes ape shit in some zone and starts attacking cities, and there's a gigantic global objective to push them back, with guild rankings for contribution. Everyone in top contributing guild gets mailed a unique item (xmog item, pet, mount, toy...). Could even be cross realm where similar horde/alliance populations compete. Winning faction gets a unique vendor in their cities, winning guild gets unique item.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I don't think it's too much to ask people to give feedback based on actual abilities/testing, not hyperbole. (Celestalon)

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yes, they where awesome. Like Starfox.
    Is SWTOR space combat still on rails like Starfox? Ugh. I was thinking of getting into again. But if its on rails still I'll pass.

My choice. The zone scaling for leveling. I think it a crime that content is one and done for each character. I wouldn't mind going back and doing some quests in various zones on my max level toon that were challenging and fun. Maybe that's what they are looking at with Legion and the zones scale with your character level?

But hard not to say player housing like WildStar or Rift. I'm sure there is some way to make it so that its not a dead zone or people are out in the world.

I also don't get why its takes ages for new content or why Blizzard feels the need to have MEGA patches and not smaller content patches more often.

Being able to queue for raids/ dungeons on one character while playing a different one, similar to FFXIV.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Changing" dungeons, similar to the Adventures from Wildstar (or at least the bit from the raids and dungeons). Basically, in it's most basic form, it would open up different paths in dungeons, open up 1 from 2 bosses, add a random miniboss somewhere, etc. It would improve the replayability in dungeons when they would change at least a bit every time. I think the only thing that comes somewhat close in WoW is Endtime, where you only fight 2 out of 4 bosses with their respective areas and trash in each run. You also have Violet Hold, were 2 out of 6 bosses are choosen randomly. But I would like to improve upon stuff like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    The content droughts are just bizarre to me. In WoD, they could have left us in HM for a couple more months, then in BRF for a couple more months, and now we wouldn't be where we are. Sure, top guilds had already cleared HM and BRF when the next tier came out but, nowhere even close to near the amount of guilds that will clear HFC before Legion. What is the point of having two six month tiers, only to be left with a 12-14 month tier? They have a real problem holding content back, in addition to coming up short in total.

I agree with the FF elements of crafting being more than clicking a button, a mini-game if you will. I also think there should be some grinds in WoW, for the players that wish to bother with them. No, I don't want to grind out an attunement. But, some players like grinds, and professions, mounts, pet battles, and potentially other elements of WoW could use a good optional grind to eat up time.
    Very similar timeline happened in MOP. It happens because blizzard is terrible at managing the development cycle. They say they will go faster, but lo and behold, it looks like the last expansion. Which is baffling after eleven years. How have they not learned this? With supposedly the biggest dev team? Its crazy to me. See, they are in a spot though. Either they space the patches out longer assuming they will maintain the status quo or they push them out faster and hope they can execute on an expansion better.

I'm confused about how on earth they need 4.5 more months. I'm not a developer, but holy moly, how long does this take?

Deleted
    Aion or Wildstar housing & housing map