Poll: ?

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    ...you don't get lung cancer from ash. you just suffocate. because it turns into basically cement. lung infections would be far more likely than lung cancer.
    Yep, that's why planes are the first to be in danger from volcanic ash clogging up the jet engines and stuff like that.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    what conspiracy?

Yellowstone has erupted in the past. the eruption believed to have been possibly the most explosive eruption in the known historical geologic record as far as geologists are aware.

Now people talking about roads melting or whole regions rising or falling a few centimeters/inches.... some of that might be conspiracy. BUT it's very much a fact that Yellowstone is a volcano. Was a very devastating eruption event in the past. AND it is believed to be a few thousand years over due for something beyond making Old Faithful's showtime.
    It's a conspiracy because the whole premise of the thread is a loaded question. Telling people they can't factually say no to this but they can factually say yes is a loaded question. OP has a history of this shit. I seem to remember another poll he did where he got mad and told mods to close the thread because people weren't answering his poll the way he wanted to. He accused everyone who responded to that poll of being biased white folk.

edit: here's that thread http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...group-amp-more
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    I never said they didn't learn anything from St. Helens. They learned a lot. They're learning a lot every day. But the consensus seems to be that volcanos can be bloody unpredictable. That's all I'm saying. Show me a volcanologist who says he can predict an eruption of any supervolcano within a year precision and I'll show you a man who's lying through his teeth. :P

The bigger the volcano, the less we know. Because we have no precedence to take away from it. Aetna in Italy? They fucking know the volcano's grandchildren's names that's how well they know the volcano. Yellowstone? So big they are making guesstimations in the range of 100,000s of years.
    That's what I'm saying though - they're not going to say "yes, in one year it will erupt, at 9:01". They CAN say "yes, it's getting more likely that an eruption will occur within the next year", "yes, there are signs that it's very close to venting somewhere, somehow". For an eruption of Yellowstone's magnitude.. i've no doubt there are plans already made, that would just have to be put into effect. Not necessarily just for Yellowstone, either; just anything that would require massive energy consumption.
    Last edited by Vanyali; 2016-04-19 at 10:34 PM.

Food really isn't the problem - it'd be clean water and possible building collapse, depending how close you are. But clean water would be a massive issue in NA, as well as varying levels of ash cover that would make many things difficult (no cars, for example, pretty much throughout NA).
    yes it would devastate trade as we know it...

and isn't there also a little side effect of large enough eruptions that fuck over electronics?

...you don't get lung cancer from ash. you just suffocate. because it turns into basically cement. lung infections would be far more likely than lung cancer.
    yeah but i'm sure you can get it gradually overtime. infections also increase the chance of cancer
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Yep, that's why planes are the first to be in danger from volcanic ash clogging up the jet engines and stuff like that.
    yeah, anyone in the air or on the road would be FUCKED. Boats to a degree, but not so bad as they can cut power with less problems.

That's what I'm saying though - they're not going to say "yes, in one year it will erupt, at 9:01". They CAN say "yes, it's getting more likely that an eruption will occur within the next year", "yes, there are signs that it's very close to venting somewhere, somehow". For an eruption of Yellowstone's magnitude.. i've no doubt there are plants already made, that would just have to be put into effect. Not necessarily just for Yellowstone, either; just anything that would require massive energy consumption.
    Did you mean plans or plants? Because I doubt they're having plants made for a possibly Yellowstone eruption.

But I get what you're saying, and I agree with it.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

I am from the future and I can promise you this isn't the year it will erupt.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    yeah but i'm sure you can get it gradually overtime. infections also increase the chance of cancer
    No, no they don't. Infections have NOTHING to do with cancer, are you fucking kidding me right now? Go look up what cancer is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hope not, I live in California so I'd be super fucked.

10+ Year Old Account
    yep i got word the draenei have planted a device in yellowstone that will cause a cataclysmic eruption.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Did you mean plans or plants? Because I doubt they're having plants made for a possibly Yellowstone eruption.

But I get what you're saying, and I agree with it.
    ...plans. RIP my typing

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Unless your state is completely self sufficient, its likely going to be affected from the devastation of the Central and West US. So no, not completely fine.
    Change is the only constant, right Ms Crissi?

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    yes it would devastate trade as we know it...

and isn't there also a little side effect of large enough eruptions that fuck over electronics?
    EMP? Not so far as I'm aware of. It might fuck with anything requiring a satellite, but that'd be about it unless you want to count the slam on the power grids.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to go with fracking is likely more the cause of so many eruptions....

Now the question as to whether or not fracking could cause Yellowstone to blow I am curious :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    Change is the only constant, right Ms Crissi?
    The only thing that never changes is my love for football

yeah, anyone in the air or on the road would be FUCKED. Boats to a degree, but not so bad as they can cut power with less problems.
    I think those boat diesel engines are rugged enough to not give two shits about volcanic ash. They burn heavy fuel oil. That's dirty shit, really dirty shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Elyssia View Post

Now the question as to whether or not fracking could cause Yellowstone to blow I am curious :P
    Fracking causes earthquakes, not eruptions. Eruptions are a lava / heat build up, which fracking would actually *drop*, as you'd provide more empty spaces for lava to flow into.

- - - Updated - - -

I think those boat diesel engines are rugged enough to not give two shits about volcanic ash. They burn heavy fuel oil. That's dirty shit, really dirty shit.
    Cement. They'd be chugging cement

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elyssia View Post

wait...what? Like Im not really a fan of fracking but blaming it for eruptions is silly, unles you're not beiong serious.

10+ Year Old Account
    EMP? Not so far as I'm aware of. It might fuck with anything requiring a satellite, but that'd be about it unless you want to count the slam on the power grids.
    it would screw anything dependent on GPS for sure ^_^