Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekz View Post
    I dont know about TG in legion. Those "2 handers" actually look like 1-handers to me. I don't know if blizz is trying to pull a fast one or what but those swords look way too small to be 2 handers.
    Have you looked recently? When they were first revealed they were pretty small, but they were scaled up quite a bit later and they're actually pretty huge right now (I hear that on tauren they clip into the ground while sheathed).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maythael View Post
    As long as I can transmog the artifacts to 1-handers I'm cool with it.
    Unfortunately that's impossible. Two-handers can only be transmogged to other two-handers.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    Unfortunately that's impossible. Two-handers can only be transmogged to other two-handers.
    meh

That's... I wont play that then x)

Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    Have you looked recently? When they were first revealed they were pretty small, but they were scaled up quite a bit later and they're actually pretty huge right now (I hear that on tauren they clip into the ground while sheathed).
    On a tauren maybe otherwise they are definitely still rather small.

So a waifish, 110 pound female Blood Elf wielding a 2h hand weapon that she wouldn't even be able to lift is fine, but 500 pound male Draenei wielding 2 2-handers looks ridiculous?!

10+ Year Old Account
    As someone who vastly preferred 2h Frost to DW, I have to sympathize with the OP here.

It makes absolutely no difference to gameplay whatsoever whether you run 2handers or 1handers, it's visual. SMF does not exist as a trait/passive in Legion currently, at worst you will have to switch from SMF to Titan Grip during the prepatch. But it makes no difference to the gameplay, it's a shame of you prefer the visual look of 1handers but it makes no difference to the gameplay.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    If you get this can they change enhancement shamans to wack-o-mole again? I actually liked them then.

My point really is that, you as warriors haven't been singled out in long last changes that some people dislike.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenrkyr View Post
    So a waifish, 110 pound female Blood Elf wielding a 2h hand weapon that she wouldn't even be able to lift is fine, but 500 pound male Draenei wielding 2 2-handers looks ridiculous?!
    I think they both look ridiculous.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    On a tauren maybe otherwise they are definitely still rather small.
    They're huge on worgen and humans too (haven't checked any others but it's probably similar).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anchorite Jovinaal View Post
    Disclaimer: I realize it's way too late now for this to mean anything, especially to Blizz, but I feel like getting it out there and watching people tear it apart.

My first character and one I'm sure is still languishing in stasis on a server somewhere, is the Warrior and from the beginning I adored the heroic viciousness of Fury as I leveled him past 40 in the old days, when I could dual wield. Then came WotLK and the plague. Not the plague of undeath mind you, but the plague of ... Titan's Grip. Ever since it was implemented I felt as though I was not only being forced to pick up 2-handers which is one of the most difficult weapon types to procure, but also the playstyle was being changed from everything I enjoyed to something I despise. The very fundamental shift from fast-hitting 1hand weapons that allowed me to "QUICKLY" build up to a ferocious but controlled burn of rage, to a slow-hitting waiting game that HAD to be augmented with wasted talent spaces infuriated me, no pun intended. The fact that they've basically admitted time and again that "we want you to focus on dual-wielding 2-handed weapons for maximum damage." means they really don't consider SMF anything but chaff they would cut if they could.

The fact that they waste 2 talents on generating rage, which should be mechanically standardized to always function equally regardless of haste and gear, shows what kind of rubbish T.G. is mechanically. Fury used to be about putting out sustained damage through consistent hits and managing your rage level to optimize your rotations. It might seem that way to people now who have played it the past 4 expansions but I've seen now how it plays in Legion and it's still so slow and clunky compared to Rogues, Enh Shamans and the rival for my affections, the Frost Death Knight. Why is it the Frost DK had only 2 other specs to compete with for appropriate weapons while the Fury Warrior has had to contend with Blood DKs, Unholy DKs, Ret Paladins, and Arms Warriors. Loot table adjustments might fix that but I'm sure Blizz still neglects the loot tables in favor of giving casters their purples first.

Obviously I would call for the abolishment of Titan's Grip as it is the anathema to everything I held dear about Fury, but also to shift Fury back to a consistent damage dealer and give Frost DK a run for it's money. Frost has the advantage of range with it's spells while Fury "should" have the advantage of Enrage which, when used and timed correctly can turn flea bites into shark bites. Both should deal consistent damage but just in different ways at different times.

Now yes, I should probably go ahead and play a Frost DK because it is an echo of what Fury used to be for me, plus Death Knights are awesome, but for those players who can remember Fury as it was, do you not agree that Titan's Grip has sorta plagued the spec? Wasted talents alone are a shame but the fact we HAVE to stack haste for endgame to do damage/generate rage and/or take talents to augment it should we find ourselves rage-starved mid-fight, feels really off. The "theme" of the raging berserker is still there which I suppose is all that Blizz cares about this expansion, but it's mechanically flawed with T.G. just as Beastmaster Hunters (happening to be another favorite of mine) are flawed with that awful, forced Dire Beast mechanic.
    I agree. I rolled a Tauren Warrior in the middle of BC.
    Had a blast dual wielding the 1 hander PvP swords.
    I thought Titans Grip would be cool when it was announced.
    But I really missed my "Rogue in Plate".
    It was never the same.

Shouldn't this be in the warrior forums where there has already been a discussion about this matter (more than one, actually)?
    But maybe special people need their own special threads.

Anyways, OT: I'm glad they went with the unique style for Legion. Gameplay wise there is no difference at all even if OP seems to believe that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekz View Post
    I dont know about TG in legion. Those "2 handers" actually look like 1-handers to me. I don't know if blizz is trying to pull a fast one or what but those swords look way too small to be 2 handers.
    They were 1H. Then Blizz changed their mind on TG and upsized them to 2H.

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    They were 1H. Then Blizz changed their mind on TG and upsized them to 2H.
    They were never 1h. There was a size scaling issue. Thats it. If you have evidence of otherwise, please show. Otherwise, I'm inclined to believe the devs. https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/sta...24346975649792

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    Fury warriors have had to choose from 2 2-handers or 2 1-handers for some time now. Very few people were dedicated to a single way, so they just choose what was most powerfull. For 90% of the time, having 2 2-handers was the best thing. Yet, a lot of people saved 2 1-handers in case it that way got a buff. This have meant that many fury warriors had to gear for 2 different specs, and keep their head around that. It is problematic, that you just can't focus on the way you play, since your spec is cleved in 2 different ways.
    Fury warriors used 2hs because unless SMF was miles ahead of TG, we needed a 2h to switch to arms for cleave fights.

- - - Updated - - -

After Blizz removed the 20% miss chance on TG, i have really only heard our Fury warriors talk good about TG. Sure, they complain about it being hard to get 2 The Black Hand, but that is the same complaint, that i make about my daggers and which our hunters make about ranged weapons. Having big heavy weapons, as a class which does focuses on ability attacks, feels alright
    I would be inclined to agree with you if Rets, DKs, (and for t11) ferals didn't compete with us for weapons. The only people competing for agi daggers and bows are others of the same class, which (sharing loot with other warriors) is not what is being complained about.

For example, How many Agi daggers are there in HFC? 3. Blackfuse company utility knife, Fang of the pit, and Ruinous Gutripper.

How many hunter weapons are there in HFC? 3. Cursed demonbone longbow, Felcrystal impaler, and felfire munitions launcher.

How many str 2handers? 4. 3 classes competing over 4 weapons is being lauded as the same thing as one class having no competition over 3?
    Last edited by TylerWildstar; 2016-04-19 at 08:03 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerWildstar View Post
    They were never 1h. There was a size scaling issue. Thats it. If you have evidence of otherwise, please show. Otherwise, I'm inclined to believe the devs. https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/sta...24346975649792

- - - Updated - - -

Fury warriors used 2hs because unless SMF was miles ahead of TG, we needed a 2h to switch to arms for cleave fights.

- - - Updated - - -

I would be inclined to agree with you if Rets, DKs, (and for t11) ferals didn't compete with us for weapons. The only people competing for agi daggers and bows are others of the same class, which (sharing loot with other warriors) is not what is being complained about.

For example, How many Agi daggers are there in HFC? 3. Blackfuse company utility knife, Fang of the pit, and Ruinous Gutripper.

How many hunter weapons are there in HFC? 3. Cursed demonbone longbow, Felcrystal impaler, and felfire munitions launcher.

How many str 2handers? 4. 3 classes competing over 4 weapons is being lauded as the same thing as one class having no competition over 3?
    Never really noticed that change to arms Most of my warriors played with Fury even through cleavefights like Maidens, Beastlord and Iskar. Ofcourse, we arent top mythic, but it might just be a high-mythic thing.

Of course, you guys have it worse then most other classes when it comes to weapens, but its not miles ahead of other classes. Most classes are really looking for just a single weapen each tier. For rogues, its the fang of mannoroth, all other daggers can really just not be there. I think so its the same with Fury warriors. You proberly only want 1 or 2 weapens, but its proberly a different weapen then the Paladin and DK. So i don't really think that the reduced amount of weapen is limiting people from their weapens. Even if there were 6 str weapens in HFC, Fury warriors would only care about 1 or 2.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashtwo View Post
    So it's okay for those who prefer 1hs to call people preferences idiotic, ridiculous and dumb but when we had a thread doing the exact opposite the few who actually liked 1hs were crying like children?
    ^/ agree! And bring in realism as an argument into a fantasy game with mages and warlocks. Right right...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    As someone who vastly preferred 2h Frost to DW, I have to sympathize with the OP here.
    It wouldn't be so bad if they can have a toggle for your weapons to sheath on your back. I always thought having two weapons sheathed on each side looked a bit silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenny View Post
    It wouldn't be so bad if they can have a toggle for your weapons to sheath on your back. I always thought having two weapons sheathed on each side looked a bit silly.
    I have asked for this on the forums multiple times too. Shame, it would be so easy to implement since monks already have this.

Deleted
    Combination of Rule of Cool, diablo 2 influences and making the spec do something unique.

But yeah i'm sure everybody who has played this game for any considerable amount of time has had a moment somewhere where their class lost something they thought was amazing.

Deleted
    I always liked TG its fits perfectly the crazy berserker with enough power to weld 2 2H weapons (maybe because of diablo2) charging in to group
    1H play just not feels me
    I do not hate the 1H fury but just like Ashtwo i do not feel good with this build when we have rogues and now Demon hunters and Frost DK`s
    About 2H drops i never have any problem i coined so much of these incl Warforged HC calamity unlike my hunter who only manage to coin a 1 gun in SoO after that i never seen a weapon from coin
    Last edited by mmoc2b5ad7a33a; 2016-04-20 at 03:46 AM.