Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Washington state, united states of america.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redtower View Post
    You think you do, but you don't
    You honestly don't know what you're talking about. I've always enjoyed playing/testing the alpha/betas for games. And sense my perception is my reality thinking I do means I do . BOOM I win. You suck.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Believe me overwatch betas a lot more fun than the alpha right now.

Alpha's coming along but almost nothings really fully fleshed out / implemented and there's still lots of the usual alpha problems. For instance that raid testing where the servers just kept chain crashing repeatedly until they eventually cancelled the raid test.
    Ready my previous posts.

I_WANT_THAT_BROKEN_MESS!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Erixi View Post
    Good luck with the QA job. Been doing it for 9 years now and it definitely has it's highs and lows. The company I work for makes you bid for the projects you work on. To get a AAA title, I more or less had to do 10 lower grade projects that didn't pay well or at all. Sucks that so many of us are contract based as well.

As for the topic at hand. Alpha has it's issues and each patch it gets a little better each time. I have mixed feelings about who get's invites (thank Thor I'm not the one who decides). I like to see people who constantly are chiming in and doing weird things to see if they can break them, not people who just want to see the content first and use it as a trial. There are so many people like that which got invites. I want to say most of which are streamers, but that's not entirely true. Streamers are serving their purpose with this testing and keeping the people in the know.

I wish I could tell you how many hours I've put into the Alpha, but if I think about it to hard I just might cry. Figure about 3-4 hours a day since it came online.
    I'd put 8 hours a day constantly trying to break it and report bugs and feedback... I AM NOT joking... okay maybe not 8 hours every day. But I would be playing during a good 85% of my free time testing it. Doing exactly as you say trying to break it...

I am so happy to hear though that someone has alpha and isn't abusing it.

Also I disagree with streamers. Extremely few of them bug report or give good feedback. All they do is complain about how broken it is to their viewers. I think they can do both and if they aren't willing they shouldn't get alpha.
    Let's get 1 thing straight, I'm not

You aren't missing much, unbalanced as F and not at all finished. The game reeks of being in "experimental" stage, meaning they're making changes that doesn't make any sense and will be unbalanced- always. Furthermore they removed more key mechanics from specs... No Hammer of Wrath for Paladins, a spell we've had since Vanilla- Why? Because it doesn't fit the fantasy!!!????!
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    You aren't missing much, unbalanced as F and not at all finished. The game reeks of being in "experimental" stage, meaning they're making changes that doesn't make any sense and will be unbalanced- always. Furthermore they removed more key mechanics from specs... No Hammer of Wrath for Paladins, a spell we've had since Vanilla- Why? Because it doesn't fit the fantasy!!!????!
    Go back to grade school. Learn basic reading. Stop saying points I've countered 5 times already in this thread. And HoW was pruned which makes sense inmho. for WARRIOR class fantasy not paladins. Warriors having the only execute fits their theme.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    mimi i want because mimi reasons

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by serendipity11 View Post
    I'd put 8 hours a day constantly trying to break it and report bugs and feedback... I AM NOT joking... okay maybe not 8 hours every day. But I would be playing during a good 85% of my free time testing it. Doing exactly as you say trying to break it...

Also I disagree with streamers. Extremely few of them bug report or give good feedback. All they do is complain about how broken it is to their viewers. I think they can do both and if they aren't willing they shouldn't get alpha.
    I was thinking about turning on twitch within the next few patches and be like "this is how a professional tests games". Watch me put in 30 bug reports an hour for some of the strangest things. Like Blizz moving a tree and not moving the hole in the ground where the tree covered up and I feel through the world to end up on the other side of the map.

Right now I have been doing a lot of Enhancement testing since that's my main on Live. It's been fun and very stressful. Being able to kill a mob with 5m health and not one with 756k is just confusing.

But yeah... those streamers are just kind of meh. I wonder how many of them actually play the game lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erixi View Post
    I was thinking about turning on twitch within the next few patches and be like "this is how a professional tests games". Watch me put in 30 bug reports an hour for some of the strangest things. Like Blizz moving a tree and not moving the hole in the ground where the tree covered up and I feel through the world to end up on the other side of the map.

Right now I have been doing a lot of Enhancement testing since that's my main on Live. It's been fun and very stressful. Being able to kill a mob with 5m health and not one with 756k is just confusing.

But yeah... those streamers are just kind of meh. I wonder how many of them actually play the game lol.
    I'd imagine my class testing/feedback would be demon hunter (Class I've literally begged for since TBC) Warlock (Current main) Hunter (Cata main) DK (Fav class until DH lore/theme wise) Specifcally Demo since its getting a huge overhaul and survival.

But also yes like you said environment bug reports too... Gods I want to be testing right now you got me all hyped up for it...

I would say just share but I can't bug report than and that's half of what I want to do. Well without pretending to be you and that might be creepy , and you seem to play it all the time. Plus bliz frowns on that and what-not. :/
    Last edited by serendipity11; 2016-04-20 at 05:55 AM.

Go back to grade school. Learn basic reading. Stop saying points I've countered 5 times already in this thread. And HoW was pruned which makes sense inmho. for WARRIOR class fantasy not paladins. Warriors having the only execute fits their theme.
    Relax about it. Still 4 months and 2 weeks left, they havent even started class balancing. They've mainly tested mechanics so far, the few new ones anyways. Demon Hunter is interesting, I give you that- but other than that there really isn't much to do- except PVE raid tests- which will becredone when it's public beta anyways.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

I'd imagine my class testing/feedback would be demon hunter (Class I've literally begged for since TBC)
    I'm right there with you buddy!

15+ Year Old Account
    You're not the only one. Only once I've seen an alpha/beta invite in 9+ years and it was for hearthstone that I don't even like, lol.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You honestly don't know what you're talking about. I've always enjoyed playing/testing the alpha/betas for games. And sense my perception is my reality thinking I do means I do . BOOM I win. You suck.

- - - Updated - - -

Ready my previous posts.

I_WANT_THAT_BROKEN_MESS!

- - - Updated - - -

It's not allllll we do =).
    From my experience in this and past betas, it's been more about feedback on the current design. You can see from the multiple build numbers that at least some of those builds are internally tested, and there's a lot of data that we automatically send through crash reports and the like.

My feedback has been more or less focused on the perspective of the casual player, and how the "flow" of leveling and early endgame feels when taking into account the current systems. I'll get a much better idea of how I feel about the mission table/class campaign flow once Suramar is available.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Relax about it. Still 4 months and 2 weeks left, they havent even started class balancing. They've mainly tested mechanics so far, the few new ones anyways. Demon Hunter is interesting, I give you that- but other than that there really isn't much to do- except PVE raid tests- which will becredone when it's public beta anyways.
    Do weird stuff to find game breaking bugs? That's what I want to do_sigh

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    You're not the only one. Only once I've seen an alpha/beta invite in 9+ years and it was for hearthstone that I don't even like, lol.
    I didn't get cata beta. But I got MoP beta (but annual pass so not luck of the draw) WoD beta. Hearthstone Beta. Diablo 3 beta (very late) RoS beta (I think) Heroes Alpha. No overwatch or legion though. Besides this last beta test weekend.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SoulSoBreezy View Post
    It's not allllll we do =).
    From my experience in this and past betas, it's been more about feedback on the current design. You can see from the multiple build numbers that at least some of those builds are internally tested, and there's a lot of data that we automatically send through crash reports and the like.

My feedback has been more or less focused on the perspective of the casual player, and how the "flow" of leveling and early endgame feels when taking into account the current systems. I'll get a much better idea of how I feel about the mission table/class campaign flow once Suramar is available.
    Well of course feedback. The other half of the reason I want alpha. Because I can't give proper feedback without getting a real feel and by the time it hits PTR all of the feedback will be put on hold for either next major patch (maybe...) or next expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I hear you. Don't care if it's a buggy mess, I've got nothing better to do, so why not make sure legion doesn't suck by telling blizz what they're doing wrong!?

Deleted
    Also its pretty standard for it to show up in your app, or on your account even days before you get an email.
    Well I didn't check my wow accounts and in bnet the accoung iss not called beta or alpha but just PTR - you have to click on it to see any information or it looks like PTR. Never clicked on it till now

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    Well I didn't check my wow accounts and in bnet the accoung iss not called beta or alpha but just PTR - you have to click on it to see any information or it looks like PTR. Never clicked on it till now
    Interesting.

- - - Updated - - -

Interesting.
    Now... I'll give you 1 million... moist tacos if you share

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    /sadpanda.

Twice a day I check my account and nope...
    You know they don't usually send invites every day right? just check your account whenever they push a new build
    Last edited by Archmage Alodi; 2016-04-20 at 09:37 AM.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny McCormick View Post
    You know they don't usually send invites every day right? just check your account whenever the push a new build
    )_( (_) lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by enflame99 View Post
    I actually have legit reason to be considered I am an active memeber in a huge localized gaming community with 2000 members.
    Blizzard has additional criteria. They seem to not want hurt the feelings of players in a guild. This is why the socials of guilds that had killed archi seem to have gotten alpha invites en-masse but a guild master of a 12/13 was not allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Doranian123 View Post
    I just want to know if I like demon hunters, if not ill likely lose interest in legion
    Haha same, i committed my self to tanking on one come Legion. I really need to be able to play the alpha and give feedback on them to Blizzard, as i fear not many people are giving good feedback to Blizzard.

Ready my previous posts.

I_WANT_THAT_BROKEN_MESS!
    Fair enough, I'm just saying that its not just broken like any alpha obviously is... but systems are barely there for the most part. There's really just not a whole lot to test, if you dedicated your time to it you could be done in a week or so because things just aren't implemented. A lot of stuff that's in is basically bare bones function only and not fully fleshed out. If you find that fun kudos, we still test it obviously because we care but its not a super exciting time.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

I have alpha but stopped playing it. Don't want to be bored of it when it launches =]