Deleted
    When do you think they will release the first clip? So we can also hear to the actual soundtrack from the movie.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Angus94 View Post
    When do you think they will release the first clip? So we can also hear to the actual soundtrack from the movie.
    It's best to go into hybernation until it releases in your country and not hope for more marketing magic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wickys View Post
    It's best to go into hybernation until it releases in your country and not hope for more marketing magic.
    but, but...

Quote Originally Posted by Stuba View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65AjY_nRdqESNIP...

The trailer it self is so so lackluster , for the bad chose of the music and so on, the story is vary vague portrayed in the trailer it self , and the scenes are allover the place, it is not coherent at all in a way.
    Exactly and I think thats where they will lose most of the market and general audience that is needed for a truly successful film (US and International anyway) except in China. Those gamers over there are nuts for anything warcraft.

Deleted
    You can't deny Duncan Jones's talent in creating wonderful scenes:

Quote Originally Posted by Angus94 View Post
    You can't deny Duncan Jones's talent in creating wonderful scenes:
    He does but I fear the over use of blurring on the back scenes and action scenes are going to marr what he is trying to pull off. Thats usually used heavily when they try to save money on CGI heavy action scenes. You can only take so much of it before you start to really see it. The only clear shots being in the middle area. I wonder if thats where some of the poor CGI talk is coming from as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Graden View Post
    I don't know. They could have made a 3-4 minute epic trailer, similar to Lotr or Hobbit, that would be attractive to all kinds of people. Teenagers, Warcraft (or non)fans, fantasy fans etc...
    But they came up with....this.
    I'm starting to really think that this is happening and marketing is taking a big hit to save money. Legendary does not want another seventh son flop and at this point the only way to really save money and hope for a better ROI is in the marketing. Universal has been skeptical about this movie for a while now or at least shortly after comic con and warcraft mixed reception even from fans that were there.

They slapped together some clips in a hodge-podge mix with some crappy music and posted it as trailer #2 in hopes to build some hype. I'm not sure the hype they hoped to build happened the way they wished.

Deleted
    It seems to me like they tried to make it look superheroish to go well as a trailer before CA:CW, but instead they ended up with a really weird trailer that's a mix of a movie that's supposed to be high fantasy and music that sounds very futuristic.

- - - Updated - - -

the comments, most of them are about the BAD CGI( which i dont understand , meany more movies have cgi marvel etc. and people dont shit on it) but mostly the reactions are meh or negative. Especially for the music choice of the trailer , i etc. the impression that people think it is from the movie itself.
    I don't see any comments about the CGI being bad, all I see is people complaining about the music, which is valid criticism.

- - - Updated - - -

the comments, most of them are about the BAD CGI( which i dont understand , meany more movies have cgi marvel etc. and people dont shit on it) but mostly the reactions are meh or negative. Especially for the music choice of the trailer , i etc. the impression that people think it is from the movie itself.
    I don't see any comments about the CGI being bad, all I see is people complaining about the music, which is valid criticism.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    He does but I fear the over use of blurring on the back scenes and action scenes are going to marr what he is trying to pull off. Thats usually used heavily when they try to save money on CGI heavy action scenes. You can only take so much of it before you start to really see it. The only clear shots being in the middle area. I wonder if thats where some of the poor CGI talk is coming from as well?
    Thank you, that is definitely the problem. And I've mentioned it before. It's not just compression, but it's compression and heavy use of motion blur. Everything is so blurry all the time. You can't ever get a clear screenshot of anything unless everyone in the frame is completely still. It makes everyone look like beautifully sculpted clay figures - but they still look like... clay. I tried to get a clear shot of Blackhand before he throws Anduin - and again... Blur, blur, blur. It's really not that great.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think if you are a super fan boy of Warcraft like I am then you will love this movie no matter what or at least be super optimistic, I just think that the people outside of that are going to just think "it's a video game movie" and just half ass a bad review.

I still think the story will be good, the acting will be good, as they have some great actors, the CGI really doesn't look that bad, maybe because its too heavy on that fact. CGI can always be good to touch up effects and add flavor to movies.

But I think the problem people are having is the fact that there is too much CGI meaning that it doesn't contrast with the live action very well. The backgrounds are CGI, the cities are CGI, the orcs are CGI, you pretty much have 70% of this movie done with CGI. And while I have nothing against that there are those that will hate it for this very reason. That and I have noticed a huge cult of hate of CGI over practical effects now days.

I feel if they made a fully CGI movie of Warcraft we wouldn't have half the complaints we have now. It's such a shame as I will go and see this move and I'll probably love it, but it'll probably bomb because of the stigma these movies have.
    Last edited by Orby; 2016-04-20 at 01:50 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azeraftw View Post
    Thank you, that is definitely the problem. And I've mentioned it before. It's not just compression, but it's compression and heavy use of motion blur. Everything is so blurry all the time. You can't ever get a clear screenshot of anything unless everyone in the frame is completely still. It makes everyone look like beautifully sculpted clay figures - but they still look like... clay. I tried to get a clear shot of Blackhand before he throws Anduin - and again... Blur, blur, blur. It's really not that great.
    He isn't talking about motion blur, he's talking about depth of field.
    Motion blur is actually one of the most important things when blending live action and cgi.

Without motion blur, everything would look totally disconnected and weird.
    Last edited by Horrid Crow; 2016-04-20 at 01:54 PM.
    What is worth fighting for?

Quote Originally Posted by Horrid Crow View Post
    Motion blur is actually one of the most important things when blending live action and cgi.

While you are correct, the effect will be the same when over used. It will look cheap and it's a movie gimmick used to hide a lesser quality CGI scene so they don't have to flesh it all out. Just blur out the edges and back drop, keep the focus on a small er area in the middle.

Motion blur is fine but when you look at clips it's everywhere and even in places where their not really moving all that quickly and motion blue isn't needed. Add that to the motion blur you do need plus the high use of out of focus shots in the depth of field view and things just come across as cheap. That may very well be where the cheap CGI talk keeps stemming from.

It's a reoccurring problem in the warcraft movie so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Horrid Crow View Post

>not wanting everything to look totally disconnect and weird
    B-b-b-but HFR is the future!

IGN has put up an video with Toby Kebbell and Anna Galvin, who plays Durotan and Draka

http://www.ign.com/videos/2016/04/20...ise-and-loving

Toby looks funny having all that stuff on his face and in that suit. Heck look at his hands! Giant gloves XD

Last edited by Tornwar; 2016-04-20 at 03:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tornwar View Post
    IGN has put up an video with Toby Kebbell and Anna Galvin, who plays Durotan and Draka

Toby looks funny having all that stuff on his face and in that suit. Heck look at his hands! Giant gloves XD

Looks like that IGN video have movie score or at least it's sound like that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by omegax1991 View Post
    Looks like that IGN video have movie score or at least it's sound like that.
    We should ask Duncan

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tornwar View Post

Better soundtrack than in the trailer. But ofc not from the movie. Just some good fantasy score.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    Better soundtrack than in the trailer. But ofc not from the movie. Just some good fantasy score.
    "Are you sure of that thing?"

Deleted
    The 2nd trailer is on DigitalTheater.
    http://thedigitaltheater.com/index.php/warcraft-2016/

Please note that it has changed the description to be "lossless AUDIO" for all the videos, including trailer D.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I think if you are a super fan boy of Warcraft like I am then you will love this movie no matter what or at least be super optimistic, I just think that the people outside of that are going to just think "it's a video game movie" and just half ass a bad review.

I still think the story will be good, the acting will be good, as they have some great actors, the CGI really doesn't look that bad, maybe because its too heavy on that fact. CGI can always be good to touch up effects and add flavor to movies.

But I think the problem people are having is the fact that there is too much CGI meaning that it doesn't contrast with the live action very well. The backgrounds are CGI, the cities are CGI, the orcs are CGI, you pretty much have 70% of this movie done with CGI. And while I have nothing against that there are those that will hate it for this very reason. That and I have noticed a huge cult of hate of CGI over practical effects now days.

I feel if they made a fully CGI movie of Warcraft we wouldn't have half the complaints we have now. It's such a shame as I will go and see this move and I'll probably love it, but it'll probably bomb because of the stigma these movies have.
    A fully CGI Warcraft movie (as in, in the style of the wow cinematics) would take years to make and would cost an exhorbitant amount of money. It would never break even. This film won't bomb because china.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pandasrus View Post
    My god...just look at the guy behind the dwarves, with his eyes closed. His god damn armor is plastic! LOL!! Seriously, how do they let this kinda crap slip through?! That clearly is plastic or it wouldn't look shiny like that.
    hahahahah

"A metal is a material (an element, compound, or alloy) that is typically hard, opaque, shiny, and has good electrical and thermal conductivity."
    -wikipedia