Thread: Black Desert

Page 96 of 137 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    So I assume this is a $60.00 Purchase right?
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    So I assume this is a $60.00 Purchase right?
    you can get it for $30

"A straight up upgrade to Archeage".

I'm buying it now.

This game is fun, if you are looking for instant gratification for your time spent, it's probably not for you.. It's really building your character which is the game.
    It's totally slice of life style game though. There is no real way to play it, which is what makes it so cool.

Sure you can power level, and do "end game" stuff like bosses, and scrolls, and guild bosses, pvp etc. But, you can also take your time, and experience the game for what it is, and immerse yourself in the game and the world around you.

I'll be playing this game for a while I think, there is too much going on for me to really comprehend just yet

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linri View Post
    This game is fun, if you are looking for instant gratification for your time spent, it's probably not for you.. It's really building your character which is the game.
    It's totally slice of life style game though. There is no real way to play it, which is what makes it so cool.

Sure you can power level, and do "end game" stuff like bosses, and scrolls, and guild bosses, pvp etc. But, you can also take your time, and experience the game for what it is, and immerse yourself in the game and the world around you.

I'll be playing this game for a while I think, there is too much going on for me to really comprehend just yet
    I'll add to this that it's not just about the character - it's about the family. When you first log into the game, you're asked to fill in a family name - it's not for nothing, as you'll be sharing many things across characters. Storage, Energy (only maximum energy, not the current energy on characters), Contribution Points, Horses, Boats and buildings - so Alt play is even encouraged as it allows for better management of resources.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Deleted
    Definitely. I also like that this is buy to play for that reason. My life is too chaotic to pay for a monthly game, and this game also caters well to casual playing. I can do whatever I want. I haven't killed a monster for a couple of days now, just doing quests and production things ^^

Could you people vote on http://strawpoll.me/7386281 and Explain Why you enjoy those classes, Thanks

If anyone has a guest pass for EU I would appreciate it. PM please. Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    2 months later (did a month in KR) and I'm still loving this game. It's so different from the other MMOs out there I've played and we don't even have all the 'current' content yet. Only lvl 51 (NA/EU takes longer to level solo than KR) I do wish I had a bigger guild to play with so I could do combat grinding and summon bosses more efficiently though. Mostly my own fault there though.

Deleted
    Having a 5 man static party for daily scrolls is amazing, can gather like 5 of those and do all of them in row

10+ Year Old Account
    None of my friends who were interested picked the game up because they feared getting adsorbed. So I'm stuck solo and its kinda wearing on me. A lot of it has to do I don't talk in chat or converse much because of the energy requirements =/

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Probably get a guest pass once this is released
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    Probably get a guest pass once this is released
    That looks pretty awesome indeed!

I'd like to check it out at some point, but I'm worried it won't run on my computer. I checked it out on one of those "will my pc run this?" sites which told me it wouldn't, but it also told me that it wouldn't run Far Cry 4 which ran fine at a decent resolution. If anyone has a NA guest pass they're not using, it'd be fun to test it out.

Deleted
    2 new classes and some cash shop costumes added today

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/i...es-april-20th/

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and new event is happening, free Hawk pet for every1 who log in every day for 12 days (14 day event)

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/i...update-events/

So since drum customer service is non existent and their forums are a ghost town I've come here for help. I have 16 gigs of ram i7 4770k and r9 390x and the game constantly freezes (I'd say 1 sec at a time every 5 to 8 seconds). When I first start the game the loading screen takes, no exaggeration, 4 - 5 minutes before my server pops up to be able to log in. No significant processes in the background. It was working fine two patches ago but now it's unplayable. Anyone have a suggestion? Thanks
    I dont play in a hardcore no-lifer guild, but in a 2 days a week "hardcore" mythic guild.

Deleted
    Sure your HDD isn't dying? If you have a second drive one option could be to try copy-pasting the game folder there and see if it works.

I doubt it's HDD as it would be failing for other programs too. I would say it's graphics card related, got the latest drivers?

So I've played this game for about 8 hours total now in the last 3 days. I've tried witch/sorc/valk/plum and I haven't found anything I can find any real enjoyment on. Maybe this game just isn't for me, but I'm nor sure what would make it more fun. If mobs weren't fancy textured training dummies it might help too, but I've been told that won't change.

I know some of the awakenings looked cool and maybe interesting, but those aren't coming for awhile and they probably will end up playing like their base class.

Any suggestions on what I could do to make the game more fun combat wise? My favorite class so far was witch, but it got pretty boring 1 shotting all the mob packs with fireball.

Quote Originally Posted by Keltas View Post
    Any suggestions on what I could do to make the game more fun combat wise?
    The "fancy textured training dummies" problem is what drove me away from the game as well. It's really not a combat game, it's a slice of life game with combat thrown in as a secondary thing. If you don't enjoy the dynasty warriors-y style of just mowing down large packs of mobs or insanely unbalanced open world pvp this game doesn't have anything for you combat wise.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.