Page 18 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Nah, I hosted long term exchange students for months at a go before.
    Had enough issues, even with heavy background screenings.

PASS on letting a complete unknown into my house, just safety alone.

Good for you OP .
    I know you are going to get out of your "renting" situation just asap so you can help a "refugee" immediately upon getting your own place.
    Last edited by enragedgorilla; 2016-04-20 at 04:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malacras View Post
    I don't know how it works in other countries, but in Germany you can do that with a bit of effort.
    Make sure you're either a home owner, or if a tenant to get your landlord's permission.
    And that applies to pretty much every country in the Western world.
    If your landlord doesn't consent, you're subject to termination of your rental/lease contract.
    If they do consent, chances are high that they want a big junk of your income. Further more, said rent income is subject to taxation as well.
    All in all, think twice before you go that route. It might not be worth it at all.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes View Post

'Them'? Who do you mean by 'them'? Refugees or Muslims?
    By them, I meant any refugee from the Middle-East.

Deleted
    Poverty, like the driving force for crime anywhere in the world.

People don't commit crime because they're poor. We should have seen a far higher crime rate in Sweden in the past when just about everyone was poor, instead we see more crime now than in the past. Stop buying into just one theory, there's a lot of factors in why someone commits a crime and poverty is a non-existant factor in sexual crimes, which is the crime category middle eastern people are the most overrepresented in. There is nothing in poverty that explains inclination to commit sexual crimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    There is nothing in poverty that explains inclination to commit sexual crimes.
    Nop but that's a cultural thing and not an economical one.

Deleted
    I'd give everyone an equal opportunity. As I've repeatedly stated, the person's place of birth or circumstances would have absolutely no negative bearing on my decision on whether to give them a room or not. It's entirely irrelevant. My decision would be based on the individual, not their nationality.
    Place of birth plays a huge part in how someone acts. Why do you think Sweden is more tolerant than say.. South korea or Iran towards homosexuality? Do you think this is just happened randomly and that it isn't something that's developed over the years as a part of our culture?

The government is the only one who should be worried about housing refugees.
    I myself have no connection to Syria or those messing the country up.
    But the United States government does. They have a vested interest (one way or another) in this situation.
    I do not.

I will not be allowing anyone I don't know to live in my house for any reason. I'd rather burn it down then allow that after all the work and money I've put into it.

Let them go live in the 5 abandoned schools in the towns around here, that are abandoned because guess who cut their funding! Sounds like a great solution to me! Fix one mistake with another.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Deleted
    http://www.refugees-welcome.net/

I think this is an absolutely fantastic idea. I'd like to think that if we're ever put into the fucking unimaginably horrible position that the Syrians are in presently, that we'd be treated with a similar level of humanity.
    Obviously it's going to be impossible to provide every single refugee with this type of solution, but if everyone with a spare room was willing to make it available to causes such as these, it'd be bloody lovely.
    If I wanted to help someone who actually needed help I'd take in a homeless person from my own country. I rather die than take in a fake refugee who's gonna fuck up my country in the upcoming future.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hell-Nicø View Post
    That's a fun part too, most of them are NOT refugees nor Syrian.
    They are mostly economical migrant from African and middle east country.
    Exactly, I feel bad for the real refugees. But considering I can't tell the small minority of real refugees from the economical migrants it's easier to say "fuck it" to all of them together.

Their situation sucks, I don't see how bringing their bullshit to us helps anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Refugees do not all come from one uniform cultural group.
    Not willing to pick out the ones that dont agree with the woman is my property beliefs.

Oh look another post by Hobbes about refugees.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    No, most of them are actually Syrian refugees.
    If you have strong evidence in the form of thousands of seized falsified documents and passports and as with any such illegal contraband it is generally assumend that for every seized load, there are a hundret or even a thousand more out there, then by all means, it is logical to assume that there are tens to hundrets of thousands false syrian passports in circulation.

As that is the situation and there is no evidence to suggest that these passports exist, but are in fact not being used to gain asylum in europe, but serve unforseen secondary purposes, you would need to provide equaly strong evidence to support that theory you've been constantly repeating in these forums or shut the fuck up about this already.

On topic of OPs post though: In general I would rather not. If there was a financial incentive, security provided by the state for damages to my property and I could approve of the person beforehand personally, I might consider it. Otherwise I would rather deal with tenants that speak my language and are personally financially accountable to me.
    Last edited by Runenwächter; 2016-04-20 at 05:29 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Poverty, like the driving force for crime anywhere in the world.
    Europe bends over backwards for its migrants, you lot are so accommodating.

Your average European illegal has more benefits, rights and privileges than any Mexican, Honduran, Guatemalan, ect could ever hope to have in America. And yet with so little, and being actively hated by vast numbers, and serious talk of driving them out of the country NOTHING like what has happened in Cologne has ever been done by said groups.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Europe bends over backwards for its migrants, you lot are so accommodating.

Your average European illegal has more benefits, rights and privileges than any Mexican, Honduran, Guatemalan, ect could ever hope to have in America. And yet with so little, and being actively hated by vast numbers, and serious talk of driving them out of the country NOTHING like what has happened in Cologne has ever been done by said groups.
    It's just some groups. South-east/east-asians are underrepresented in crimes here, despite being pretty damned poor.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rassman View Post
    Oh look another post by Hobbes about refugees.
    If he mentions Canada I will suspect its a Tenni alt.
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Yeah, sometimes I go to stormfront.com because people are less extreme there

No, most of them are actually Syrian refugees.
    In 2015, the number of first time asylum applicants from Syria rose to 363 thousand in the EU-28, which was 29 % of the total.
    http://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/statist...lum_statistics

"Most".

7+ Year Old Account
    It's just some groups. South-east/east-asians are underrepresented in crimes here, despite being pretty damned poor.
    I don't buy the poverty angle as much. While it can be A CAUSE, saying that Europe's migrants are criminal due to deprivation and poverty is F'ing ridiculous considering the generosity of Europe's massive welfare states. Most Americans could never dream of 1/10th of what they get.

Deleted
    Thank god none of this chit would ever happen in eastern europe

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I don't buy the poverty angle as much. While it can be A CAUSE, saying that Europe's migrants are criminal due to deprivation and poverty is F'ing ridiculous considering the generosity of Europe's massive welfare states. Most Americans could never dream of 1/10th of what they get.
    Yeah, here in Sweden you can get your apartments rent covered, utility bills covered, your food costs covered, you can get visit to dentists covered and the healthcare is pretty much free and on top of that, you get some money over that you can spend on leisure. It makes no sense that people would commit crime because of poverty here.

Yeah, here in Sweden you can get your apartments rent covered, utility bills covered, your food costs covered, you can get visit to dentists covered and the healthcare is pretty much free. It makes no sense that people would commit crime because of poverty here.
    It's cultural issues, plain as fucking day. While not all people from that part of the world are monstrous, their respective societies certainly like to churn them out.
    Last edited by Rudol Von Stroheim; 2016-04-20 at 06:02 PM.

Deleted
    If people want to take refugees into their homes it makes no difference to me but I do find it funny how when someone says the refugees are more likey to be violent etc due to coming from a war torn country, there are people who reply with ''oh but the majority are not actually Syrian and aren't fleeing a war''. I know this is true but it's a terrible argument to get people to agree to taking immigrants into their homes, why? Because if the majority of these immigrants aren't actually fleeing a war then why are we taking them in? Shouldn't we then be sending them back to their safe countries? Why should we give them a room in our house if they have no reason to even come to Europe except to get government paychecks?