Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakisuaki View Post
    I have seen people, including myself, that got kicked from dungeons because they wanted to level without heirlooms at the pace it was intended to go.

"Noob, no heirlooms, kick".

*poof*
    According to the other thread, this doesn't happen
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

yes he did. i saw his stream. and saw him farming for many hours gettin help from viewers to server hop.

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    Dude it's not like the heirlooms and xp potions are hard to get lol. If you get that stuff, without RAF.... ok, you're still getting from 1-90 at least in about 7 or 8 hours tops. Personally I think that's just kind of dumb. Why not try to make leveling fun instead of just encouraging people to fast forward through it?
    It is not a typical scenario by any means, and that is why it cant be taken as argument that things are generally bad.
    Breakdown what the requirements are for that, in how long they took to gather.

This is like saying any game is broken because of what the top 5% can achieve in it with a lot of preparation.

Levelling takes as long as you choose it to take.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
    Why? 9.9/10 people this way will take longer since they dont have the streamer benefits of being handed the pots/ realm invites like no tomorrow.
    Can't ignore the farming time dude, gotta calculate that into account as well.
    there are alot of addons that can help you to move to another server...

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Well, I am currently levelling to 100 on yet another alt. She is lv 32 and took 12 hours to get there.
    Enjoying the scenery?

'Just' looms is <1 hour to 20, but that's only if your goal is to level quickly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    It is not a typical scenario by any means, and that is why it cant be taken as argument that things are generally bad.
    It is very easy to level yourself using the group finder. Station your lowbie at the entrance and your high-level character the end boss. Log out on lowbie, kill boss. See how long it takes you to level. Even without looms the xp is crazy.

Soda's point in any case-and for once it is very pertinent, is that it is entirely possible to level up in cities using dungeon finder.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakisuaki View Post
    Not to mention: He did it all from Goldshire. GOLDSHIRE! There's no meat to that, you just queue for dungeons and you don't have to move a muscle in the wonderful world of Azeroth, because it simply isn't needed anymore.[/U]
    You know. Minus the two+ hours of questing in WoD that he did at the end of the video.

Fuck pre 90 leveling. I've done it enough.

This is like saying any game is broken because of what the top 5% can achieve in it with a lot of preparation.

Levelling takes as long as you choose it to take.
    It doesn't sound like it takes long regardless of whether you want it to or not lol. But say you've been playing the game for a year or two... chances are you probably have some heirlooms. From there you get some potions and while you won't level exactly as fast as this guy did, at the same time it won't be very far off. That's not something that's "very hard to achieve" either... as long as you aren't a brand new guy and are aware about the leveling potions...... you pretty much can pull it off.

I know you and me have different takes on this but to me it just says that the leveling system is extremely broken. To the point where it may not even be smart to keep it in the game. This isn't the only thing though of course, pretty much being able to one shot enemies, even if you aren't in heirlooms, sucks out any sort of interesting game play or fun. Not even sure if you can classify that as a game, you walk around in god mode and just beat stuff for a bunch of hours until you are max level.

Now add to that time that he spent farming elixir from Nagrand elites and you get your regular 1 to 100 full heirloom leveling time.

Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    It is very easy to level yourself using the group finder. Station your lowbie at the entrance and your high-level character the end boss. Log out on lowbie, kill boss. See how long it takes you to level. Even without looms the xp is crazy.
    You get 6 levels and then you're instance locked for an hour outside of LFD. GG.

Soda's point in any case-and for once it is very pertinent, is that it is entirely possible to level up in cities using dungeon finder.
    That's his point? It doesn't seem to be, considering he's intentionally premading and going 1000% faster.
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post

That is intended to be a way to do most of your levelling, dungeons using the dungeon finder.
    Just as PvP is, or questing without any group content is.
    The example used is another problem, and as said not a problem fundamentally with levelling.
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

The state of wow is that leveling is irrelevant.
    Seriously, if you can't understand this you need to quit the game.
    I'm starting to get frustrated seeing these threads pop up about leveling in WoW.

If you want a challenge, go level naked. Go level without killing a mob, or without doing a quest, or blindfolded or something.
    The game starts at max level now. Whether you believe that's good or not, you can BUY a level 100. 5 hours is 5 hours slower than that.

What does it say about YOU that you are still so confused on what this game focuses on 12 years later.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    It doesn't sound like it takes long regardless of whether you want it to or not lol. But say you've been playing the game for a year or two... chances are you probably have some heirlooms. From there you get some potions and while you won't level exactly as fast as this guy did, at the same time it won't be very far off. That's not something that's "very hard to achieve" either... as long as you aren't a brand new guy and are aware about the leveling potions...... you pretty much can pull it off.

I know you and me have different takes on this but to me it just says that the leveling system is extremely broken. To the point where it may not even be smart to keep it in the game. This isn't the only thing though of course, pretty much being able to one shot enemies, even if you aren't in heirlooms, sucks out any sort of interesting game play or fun. Not even sure if you can classify that as a game, you walk around in god mode and just beat stuff for a bunch of hours until you are max level.
    It says that after doing it once, you have the means to speed it up later if you so wish.
    As I said, you cant rightfully call the entire levelling system broken.
    Because that is not the entire levelling system as used by everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Maybe this video is actually good news for people who hate levelling and now have a way to speed it up crazily....
    My main issue is, that it isn't. This video is misleading because it uses things your average player looking to level quick straight up will not have access to.

Even assuming they have the gold to pour into constant rapid mind buff (which is going to cost a looooot more when you aren't RAF + krol buffed), why RAF? why premade? why krol buff? These are not 'convenient' things to do when leveling a new character most of the time.

The video doesn't even optimize such as queuing specific when they end up at certain levels, there's no intent on 'helping' anyone here - merely trying to make a point for people who believe leveling speed has been a concern for the past 10 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    Well i blame all the ppl that jus want endgame and forced blizzard to create this.
    I mean blizzard alrdy said leveling is not the core anymore because we give 90 boosts and in Legion 100 boosts.

This is why leveling got nerfed alot because most see endgame as the game and not the old content anymore.
    (i still enjoy the old content but i just take my time to do hole zones not to chain dungeons and i get my challange by doing ironman)
    Wasn't just people who want end game, alt whores complained it took too long, people just coming back/new to the game got turned off by how long it took to catch up to their friends etc etc etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crillam View Post
    state of wow? lvling has been fast since wotlk introduced looms.
    Blizz actually lowered the exp needed to level in WOTLK onward in MoP.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

I have seen people, including myself, that got kicked from dungeons because they wanted to level without heirlooms at the pace it was intended to go.

"Noob, no heirlooms, kick".

*poof*

This is not an acceptable format for a RPG style game, the rpg aspect is all but gone.
    It's not really Blizzards fault that it's community is full of assholes. Yeah it provided the tools, but it's the WoW communit that is deciding to use it like fucking douchebags.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    So a streamer/youtuber leveled a character from 1 to level 100 in less than 5 hours without using free levels from RAF system:

-snip-

I'm not sure but this might be a WORLD RECORD. It also sums up the current state of World of Warcraft...
    Wait he said on stream he was using RaF though. I watched this happen live, was with a guy from the stream that wanted to help out so they did RaF, got all the heirlooms and bought the pots. Pretty sure he says it in there somewhere too, closer to the beginning.

He was using:
    RaF
    Heirlooms
    Both lvling potions

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    It's not really Blizzards fault that it's community is full of assholes. Yeah it provided the tools, but it's the WoW communit that is deciding to use it like fucking douchebags.
    It's about 50/50 really, Blizzard made things so you are 100% not accountable for anything, you are never going to see these people again...........open pandoras box and voila.........people can be assholes with no ramifications, welcome to LFD/LFR/Cross Realm everything.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

It says that after doing it once, you have the means to speed it up later if you so wish.
    As I said, you cant rightfully call the entire levelling system broken.
    I was under the impression the game offers new players a toon that is pretty much at max level (or close to it)..... so yeah the leveling process is already out of whack lol. And while I'm sure you can find minor instances where the leveling process still makes sense, it's severely needed updates for a long time and it doesn't appear changes will be coming any time soon.

Things are so boned at this point I'm not even going to pretend to have the answer, but I think you will agree that if you compile up all of the changes blizzard has done, leveling has become a lot less interesting.

2 days ago i leveled a lvl80 char with questing alone to 90. I did 80-85 in about ~2h in hyjal and 85-90 in 2h-3h (without flying) in jade forest. This was with looms and rested and doing every single quest in those 2 zones but i didnt need to move anywhere else! Leveling system is broken!

EDIT + lets not forget how boring this actually is, ruining around 1-2 shoting mobs and asking your self "why the hell do i even need to do this shit". If Blizzard plan is to bore you to death with leveling so you buy lvl100 boost i guess they are on the right path!
    Last edited by SoLoR1; 2016-04-20 at 10:18 PM.