Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Farming BG wins (dodging premades)

Hey, kind of a silly question, but I've got all the BG achieves except win counts. I'm wondering what the best way is to farm the rest of the wins. I guess specifically I'm thinking about whatever systems there are that try to match premade vs. premade. Would I be best off with a premade of 2 or 3 or 4 rather than 5, to dodge other premades? Any other thoughts about how to make this go faster? Thanks!

To my understanding, the MM system tries (keyword tries) to match up the teams evenly when it comes to premades. That being said, I don't think there is a *legit* way to dodge opposing premades. If someone out there knows how then please share. Or just make sure your premade is full of competent players and wreck the other team

I don't know if it is possible to dodge pre-mades, but when you make a grp of 2-3-4 or 5 it does not change the ratio if you are qued into a pug or other premades. Best way would be simply roll alliance, win ratio is higher on Alliance side

10+ Year Old Account
    If you need wins from multiple bg's you can farm them on different characters. Usually you can see pretty early on if you stand a chance or not (well except the 40 mans), so leave BG, and while deserter debuff ticks, logout and queue up with your other char for the other bg.

Don't try to cheese the queuing just react wisely once you're in the game.

No matter what any self-delusional person might want you to think skill is not the major contributing factor in WoW PvP.

Any intelligent realistic person can predict what side will win within the first 60 seconds of fighting and that prediction will be true the vast majority of times.

So if you want to farm wins then realize what the most important part of farming is: EFFICIENCY.

If its a loss then help to end it as soon as possible.

-Stop attacking/healing and certainly stop aiding the objectives.

-Try to flame-bait people into trash talking fights because the more they talk the less they play and the less they play the faster the loss will come.

-Try to avoid allowing yourself to be farmed at the GY because this might encourage more of the opposition to come over start farming everybody. My experience is that GY farming can go either way as far as ending the game but its entirely dependent upon the other team having somebody who wants to take advantage of a clear field and end asap.

-Alternatively you could just find yourself a corner to auto run at and evade the AFK timer as best as you can while doing something else #netflix. I don't bot although I fully understand why people do as WoW PvP is rarely enjoyable especially when you're not fully geared or playing an ezmode spec. But that doesn't mean you have to give 100% of your attention to the BG. Don't announce that you're AFKing, of course, because you're just making yourself a target for reports.

If you have friends with you then you can certainly use them to amplify any of this and end asap.

Ending shitty games and moving on to better ones is something smart people do.

Why game developers these days encourage people so sit there not enjoying themselves, and even punish them when they leave, is beyond me.

I type out this entire post while sitting in a shitty bg that I knew was a loss 22 seconds after the gates opened, gg blizz
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    Why game developers these days encourage people so sit there not enjoying themselves, and even punish them when they leave, is beyond me.

I type out this entire post while sitting in a shitty bg that I knew was a loss 22 seconds after the gates opened, gg blizz
    Despite being banned and my reply going to waste I'll comment anyway. My biggest pet peeve with PvP in almost any game is being punished for wanting to leave that round asap. If you're being stomped and you're clearly not going to recover, it makes me want to just leave asap. Instead, we see more mechanics being implemented that makes the game aggravating for the losers and punish those who are already losing (Lower reward returns, leaving = banned from game). No changes are being made to make more balanced game play. Instead we continue to see more/less instances of ban team combinations and skill gap differences to the level of absurdity.

Oh yeah. I too typed this up as my team was being GY camped by a pre team who continued to /emote spam/taunt us to remind us that we were losing because the system gave us no healers versus their two three man arena teams.

^ Kinda like how Destiny implemented that Mercy rule, if one team is absolutely wrecking the other, the game automatically ends and saves both sides some time. But im sure if Blizz implemented that half the player base would cry about it

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edgary View Post
    ^ Kinda like how Destiny implemented that Mercy rule, if one team is absolutely wrecking the other, the game automatically ends and saves both sides some time. But im sure if Blizz implemented that half the player base would cry about it
    That's a stupid system IMO since comebacks can always happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I hate farming BGs now. I've got my Conqueror title (Exalted with AV/Warsong/AB reps) but I've only got 13 AB wins? Sucks for those of us that played the hell out of BGs during the Vanilla/BC era but not as much any more.

Having to grind these out is the only thing keeping me from getting Battlemaster. Maybe if Legion PvP is decent I'll push for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't try to cheese the queuing just react wisely once you're in the game.

No matter what any self-delusional person might want you to think skill is not the major contributing factor in WoW PvP.

Any intelligent realistic person can predict what side will win within the first 60 seconds of fighting and that prediction will be true the vast majority of times.

So if you want to farm wins then realize what the most important part of farming is: EFFICIENCY.

If its a loss then help to end it as soon as possible.

-Stop attacking/healing and certainly stop aiding the objectives.

-Try to flame-bait people into trash talking fights because the more they talk the less they play and the less they play the faster the loss will come.

-Try to avoid allowing yourself to be farmed at the GY because this might encourage more of the opposition to come over start farming everybody. My experience is that GY farming can go either way as far as ending the game but its entirely dependent upon the other team having somebody who wants to take advantage of a clear field and end asap.

-Alternatively you could just find yourself a corner to auto run at and evade the AFK timer as best as you can while doing something else #netflix. I don't bot although I fully understand why people do as WoW PvP is rarely enjoyable especially when you're not fully geared or playing an ezmode spec. But that doesn't mean you have to give 100% of your attention to the BG. Don't announce that you're AFKing, of course, because you're just making yourself a target for reports.

If you have friends with you then you can certainly use them to amplify any of this and end asap.

Ending shitty games and moving on to better ones is something smart people do.

You are what's wrong with WoW.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by Krassz1096 View Post
    That's a stupid system IMO since comebacks can always happen.
    I've never won a random down 900 points...neither have you and i'll never believe you if you try to prove it because PS is a real thing

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edgary View Post
    I've never won a random down 900 points...neither have you and i'll never believe you if you try to prove it because PS is a real thing
    It's happened shit tons of times. I don't see what's so hard to believe about that. The ragers leave, they get replaced by new players who might actually be useful, you win. It's especially possible in heavily objective based maps. Happens in RBGs and randoms plenty of times.

It's happened shit tons of times. I don't see what's so hard to believe about that. The ragers leave, they get replaced by new players who might actually be useful, you win. It's especially possible in heavily objective based maps. Happens in RBGs and randoms plenty of times.
    you know whats happens 50 times more often? your face actually getting stomped into the dirt and not standing a chance, you just happened to remember miracle wins because you were so surprised/shocked/happy about the comeback.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    you know whats happens 50 times more often? your face actually getting stomped into the dirt and not standing a chance, you just happened to remember miracle wins because you were so surprised/shocked/happy about the comeback.
    So because that happens to you it must happen to me? What's with all the salt in this thread? I've rarely, rarely ever been "stomped" comebacks happen a lot in RBGs/BGs. You're talking like you know me or something.

So because that happens to you it must happen to me? What's with all the salt in this thread? I've rarely, rarely ever been "stomped" comebacks happen a lot in RBGs/BGs. You're talking like you know me or something.
    mmm the smell of bullshit, never gets boring, unless you run premades 24/7 it happens to everyone games you just dont stand a chance.

as for knowing you, you act like you're some special person who just walks into a bg and goes, COMEBACK POWERS ACTIVATE they have 90 kills we have 3, we will now take all the bases or start capping their flags, RBG's don't really count its a 10vs10 both premades ofc comebacks happen when you work out how to counter the enemy mid game etc, but pugs? when pugs are down 0-10 they don't keep trying they rage give up and you lose.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Actually you are whats wrong with WoW PvP, that is.

Because if you read my entire post and came to that conclusion you are the very reason why such tactics are necessary.

If more people objected to the imbalance of spec and gear, objected to the pointless Horde v Ally format, objected to no balancing scheme whatsoever in the queue system, or objected tot he fact that leaving bad games incurs a punishment ...then such tactics wouldn't be necessary to farm efficiently from a disadvantaged position.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

10+ Year Old Account
    snip
    Or you could just fight mid.
    Thanks for the ad-hominem; it supports your inability to support your argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    mmm the smell of bullshit, never gets boring, unless you run premades 24/7 it happens to everyone games you just dont stand a chance.

as for knowing you, you act like you're some special person who just walks into a bg and goes, COMEBACK POWERS ACTIVATE they have 90 kills we have 3, we will now take all the bases or start capping their flags, RBG's don't really count its a 10vs10 both premades ofc comebacks happen when you work out how to counter the enemy mid game etc, but pugs? when pugs are down 0-10 they don't keep trying they rage give up and you lose.
    You are right mate, ignore this kid. Does not matter how good you are, but if your team gave up- afking at GY and you are facing 5-10man geared pre-made with healers, u can not 1v10, and even if ppl leave, ppl who join and see 2-0 or 1000-150, they won't even bother to try especially if it is a pre-made. If it is a pug, yes the small chance is still there (very small) but not a well-geared premade.
    He thinks he is good but he is not, he tried talking smack on another forum about how "warriors are total shit melee in rated 3s-Arena MOP/WOD" despite the fact i gave him links to websites with stats that shows warrior highest dps-melee representation above 2.2k and 2.8k 3s for MOP/WOD; however, he still argues that warriors are shit, go figure lol but i bet stuff he takes before logging on this forum is very strong
    Last edited by Snegovik; 2016-04-21 at 08:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Nah man. You're just looking at it more honestly, to use that term, than he is.

You're all about Let's try and win, no pain no gain, never surrender and whatnot.

And don't be fooled, that is (also) good and correct way to play.

However, I understand the guy you quoted.
    He has been probably playing/PvPing for a long time. I have too. When you're gearing your X. character, you want efficiency like he said.
    And what's most efficient? Well, ofc, More honor/hour.

How do you get that?

By winning fast and losing fast.

Also, by playing alot, we tend to see how the game will pan out after the first team fight. Not in all cases and all BG's, but most.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grishnaar View Post
    Nah man. You're just looking at it more honestly, to use that term, than he is.

You're all about Let's try and win, no pain no gain, never surrender and whatnot.

And don't be fooled, that is (also) good and correct way to play.

However, I understand the guy you quoted.
    He has been probably playing/PvPing for a long time. I have too. When you're gearing your X. character, you want efficiency like he said.
    And what's most efficient? Well, ofc, More honor/hour.

How do you get that?

By winning fast and losing fast.

Also, by playing alot, we tend to see how the game will pan out after the first team fight. Not in all cases and all BG's, but most.
    I've played since Vanilla, and I play a lot, and I still never like to see BG teams throw in the towel because it makes the game less fun overall.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.