Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    I am literally laughing my ass of to you folks. Blizzard, a multi-billion-dollar gaming company which goes emotional and stop announcing sub numbers because random people talk their game and speculate about its sub numbers in forums? Are you this naive? The way you think may be similar to an emotional teenagers, but you can't reduce the way companies behave to that.

Blizzard is not announcing sub numbers because they do not want to hurt their subscription numbers with the image of an "dead game" even further. Let's not bullshit ourselves. When it comes to money, and when it comes to a subscription-based business model, there is only one way to measure success; summing up expansion sells and subscription incomes.
    You are BS'ing yourself if you think there was ever anything positive to be gained from those numbers.
    No, you simply want to crow about how the game is dying and blizzard took away the most visible measure that you could claim as proof of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RoxyBlue View Post
    /who only goes to 50 so if you are seeing 50 of a class there are prob more. Then you have to do a breakdown of /who hunter 1 to 10 etc
    Yep /who is limited to 50.
    Last edited by mmoc9bef67a441; 2016-04-21 at 04:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    It's the end of the expansion. People aren't logging in or raiding much right now (even my raid team stopped). You'll see activity surge back up when Legion comes out.
    And then every server with more than 300 people on atm will go to shit again. I'm so delaying "my legion launch" for 2-4 weeks this time..

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    You are BS'ing yourself if you think there was ever anything positive to be gained from those numbers.
    No, you simply want to crow about how the game is dying and blizzard took away the most visible measure that you could claim as proof of that.
    The "success" in earning call is success in terms of money, unless they want to deal with assumptions. The measurable success of a product that a company sells is calculated based on the business model you employ. Actual number of sales may not be the metric-to-go for RnD projects, however, when you sell a product and collect monthly subscription fee, the # of subscribers is one of the best metrics to measure how successful your product is. Even forecasting that you may calculate will be based on current # of subs. They can base their success on the longevity of the product rather than sub numbers, but their forecasting would be full of assumptions and uncertainties.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2016-04-21 at 05:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Owenm View Post
    That's your choice. Cross-realm exists for a reason, and so does payable transfers. It's not Blizzards fault a certain realm is dead, and it would be a hell of a lot worse if they didn't implement cross-realm.
    Wow, really? Then it's our fault that a lot of realms are in a situation where it's impossible to have any decent social interaction?

This is Blizzard's own damn fault. They have all the means to balance realm populations and faction balance, but they just keep being passive about it. At this point, I'm pretty sure that realm transfers have become an automated process, what means they don't have to bear the costs of manually having to do it.

The first major issue is that WoW has way more realms than necessary, leading to an unnecessary spread of the player base. Then comes the faction imbalance, because it's impossible for both factions to have a healthy population at the same time, people tend to gather in one of them, so guilds can thrive.

People actually don't realize how serious this problem (population imbalance) has become and how negatively it affects our gaming experience, to the paradoxical point that Blizzard makes profit - through realm/faction transfers - on something that should be intrinsic to ANY Massive Multiplayer Online game experience: social interaction.

A MMORPG that doesn't have a thriving, living and close-knit community is sure to die with time.

(side question: why do the most empty servers have a "new players" tag on them? why would a new player want to spend a lot of effort/time on a realm that has little social activity going on? What does that entail for Blizzard?)

Quote Originally Posted by lyphe View Post
    Not sure how /who is affected by things like cross-realm, so your list may only be for Draenor. That said, shit is still stone dead on realms right now. Legion is likely make or break for the future of wow.
    if that's true then it'll break.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by baddog66 View Post
    The biggest joke is that you are expected to pay 25 dollars to move each toon you've bonded with for years. That was my breaking point.
    I up and abandoned all my eleven horde characters about a month after WOD came out and started anew as alliance on a different server (Proudmoore-US). It actually kept me playing about two months longer than i would have if i had stayed on my old and extremely dead horde server (Drak'Thul-US). But, then i unsubbed anyways because obviously WoD was shit.

Amusingly enough, i got alpha access about a week after i cancelled my subs.

I'm on the same realm that the poster just above me abandoned. Yes, merges or more connected realms need to happen; they've needed to for months.

Most other realms are exactly like how OP described. It's just what comes with a dying game.

I've not logged into wow for 3+ months been playing Smite and Tree of Savior while checking MMO champ everyday. There is other stuff you can do besides playing wow we all know the game is dead right now. Will come back to live in legion for 3 months then dead again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    I am literally laughing my ass of to you folks. Blizzard, a multi-billion-dollar gaming company which goes emotional and stop announcing sub numbers because random people talk their game and speculate about its sub numbers in forums? Are you this naive? The way you think may be similar to an emotional teenagers, but you can't reduce the way companies behave to that.

Blizzard is not announcing sub numbers because they do not want to hurt their subscription numbers with the image of an "dead game" even further. Let's not bullshit ourselves. When it comes to money, and when it comes to a subscription-based business model, there is only one way to measure success; summing up expansion sells and subscription incomes.
    And I laugh my ass off to you too, sir.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ShiyoKozuki View Post
    Yeah, it's not Blizzards fault! They don't have the means or tools to fix dead servers with merges or free transfers.
    Nope, it's all our fault. Never Blizzards. Always ours!
    Did I say that it was entirely the players fault? No. Blizzard have offered free transfers, and have also explained why they'd never do full realm mergers.

Quote Originally Posted by Doranian123 View Post
    I logged on to my old server Nordassil-US and noticed there were not many players around so I did a /who of every class to find the total realm pop. Mind you this is alliance side alone.

This is staggering since I would not even play on one of the free servers with this low of population, and im sure my server isint the lowest pop server around either. <snipped>

Hunter-42
    Rogue-8
    Warrior-18
    Priest-16
    warlock-21
    Death Knight-19
    Druid-18
    Shaman-12
    Monk-14
    Paladin-23
    Mage-15

Total Players Online 206
    Use CensusPlus mod. and Yes... if you correlate the quarterly numbers when the last time they told us the subs number and the last quarter... its under 3m subs NA.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wish they had a cheaper package to transfer toons.

I'm also on a dead realm - which has already been merged with another realm.

I won't just transfer 1 toon - I'd want to transfer all 4.

Logged on hellfire EU last thursday at 12-3 or so, cant remeber exactly off thetop of my head

I was in organd it was empty, not even cross server people from arthas.
    I did a /who with no level restrictions for org.

There were two other people in the city........ Luckily I logged on to x fer some gold on to him before going to Kazzak server. If I couldnt afford to transfer,Id probably unsub tbh

that being said, kazzak seems to be less active in citys as well these days

Not sure how /who is affected by things like cross-realm, so your list may only be for Draenor. That said, shit is still stone dead on realms right now. Legion is likely make or break for the future of wow.
    Explain how dead realms by the end of an x-pac is something unusual. It always happens. The scale may be larger, considering how many people quit during WoD. Still, you could say every single x-pac before Legion had also been make or break for WoW. This is just how WoW is, there is no sandboxish content that can entertain people indefinitely, so once they get through everything PvE has to offer, they quit until a new zone, tier or x-pac is released. That's the story of WoW life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    Explain how dead realms by the end of an x-pac is something unusual.
    It's not just the end of an xpac. My realm has been dead since Cata, even after a merger with two other realms. Dead realms happen when you lose 100k players/month since the start of Cata.

Still, you could say every single x-pac before Legion had also been make or break for WoW.
    Not really. The trend of 100k sub losses/month has been very steady since the start of Cata. But WoW started so high that even with those losses they were safe to just keep doing what they've always done. That is until now. Three xpacs worth of steady -100k subs/month has gotten us to early vanilla sub numbers, and if the trend still continues there simply won't be enough subs left after Legion to justify creating another xpac.

I wish Blizzard would respond over on the official forums if they have further plans to fix realm population. I'm guessing they're done with it until at least next year.

10 am
    friday morning
    (not peak times obviously)

5 warlocks
    17 paladins
    11 priest
    13 death knights
    7 warriors
    5 mages
    9 rogues
    7 druids
    8 monks
    13 hunter
    8 shaman

103 players online, horde side, does not count 1-19 level players as they can not be searched

we have 5 servers connected to each other, the realms have always been pretty dead, but i like being able to have 50 characters on one realm, other servers you cant do that

Although it's too early for you or I to say how it'll all go down, your comment is an odd one given that the initial thoughts about Legion are positive so far. Are you just hating on Blizz to jump on that train or do you have a reason for that?
    What? It's been kinda shit from everything I've been seeing/readying.

Which makes me glad I play across 3 high pop servers. They're as alive and bustling as ever. ^^

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by re1gn1te View Post
    What? It's been kinda shit from everything I've been seeing/readying.
    Perhaps you're seeing what you want to see? Reviews have been pretty good so far and the Alpha is tons of fun. The first 2 levels offer more experiences than the entire first months of WoD did in terms of content...it really feels like they're putting their all into Legion!