Quote Originally Posted by MiniWill View Post
    Because WoW is Blizzard's trademarked IP and people have no business hosting a server with several thousands of players on it privately? Or do you just not realise how law works?
    No one claimed these would be via legitimate means.
    Do you just not realize how real life works?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMccrum View Post
    Ugh, why do Blizz fanboys still exist.

the game is dead.

listen to the majority who have left please.
    Well apparently the majority that left don't care enough becuase your petition only has 200k signs pretty bad considering the amount of ex-wow players there are, even if that number of signs were to double its still a pretty poor turn out. At least the ones who are not signing aren't trying to relive past glories.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandrace View Post
    And it don't matter if it's theirs or not. The demand is there and someone will supply if Blizzard won't.
    And Blizz will keep shutting them down. Personally, I never played on Nost, and have no feelings either way on what has happened, but it is within Blizzard's rights as the IP owner to shut it down. Do I agree with it? Yes. Am I for legacy servers? As someone who started playing around the BWL patch, yes. Call me a Blizz fanboy if you want, that is within your rights as well.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toast515 View Post
    And Blizz will keep shutting them down. Personally, I never played on Nost, and have no feelings either way on what has happened, but it is within Blizzard's rights as the IP owner to shut it down. Do I agree with it? Yes. Am I for legacy servers? As someone who started playing around the BWL patch, yes. Call me a Blizz fanboy if you want, that is within your rights as well.
    And yet here is the thing about that. It is their IP true, but if they can't supply the demand for the older game than someone else always will, feeding that hunger for Legacy servers more and more. It won't stop, it will never stop, it is an endless cycle and one that Blizzard will either succumbs to the demand and agree towards or something worse happens and WoW is shut down by the divided community becoming more ravenous toward each other. We've seen it happen in the past and it's more than likely possible now.

Something is gonna break, it always does in this type of situations. The tipping point is in the future, sooner or later something will happen, it MUST happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliseus View Post
    There has most definitely has been provided claims. There has been links to other successful MMOs. The realistic serer costs. And Nost itself providing numbers that Blizzard original thought impossible. Choosing to ignore it doesn't mean there is a lack of it.
    I am aware of the examples, that isn't the smoking gun you seem to think it is. Yes there are 2 instances of it working that I am aware of, that provides a weak implication that this could work. That doesn't prove it will work. You need more data for that, not that I think you can ever hit 100% sure. Not necessarily more examples but actual data on your customer base. Are they interested, are they only interested at such and such price point, how will this affect the main business product.

Server costs don't really support as a why this should be done. They can only act as a deterrent. IE to high, them being peanuts doesn't add to your case. It just Doesn't hurt your case.

When did blizzard ever say nos's number are impossible? I would think Nos' numbers are easily possible for a game that has had 100+million people play it. It was a free version of an extremely prolific game pay to play game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    That's called a transfer, in retail terms. Sorry, the private server lingo slipped my mind.
    I see. I think of transfer as deleting the original. All these words get mixed up here though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrro View Post
    Prohibition. War on Drugs.
    Seriously? How did you actually think that was remotely the point? This is not even remotely comparable to those things. This is me having a supply of car, you having a demand for MY CAR and then stealing my car because I wouldn't lend it to you and then getting pissed at me when i called the cops to take it back from you.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    Seriously? How did you actually think that was remotely the point? This is not even remotely comparable to those things. This is me having a supply of car, you having a demand for MY CAR and then stealing my car because I wouldn't lend it to you and then getting pissed at me when i called the cops to take it back from you.
    WoW is a service, Your car is not
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by gamingmuscle View Post
    I am aware of the examples, that isn't the smoking gun you seem to think it is. Yes there are 2 instances of it working that I am aware of, that provides a weak implication that this could work. That doesn't prove it will work. You need more data for that, not that I think you can ever hit 100% sure. Not necessarily more examples but actual data on your customer base. Are they interested, are they only interested at such and such price point, how will this affect the main business product.

Server costs don't really support as a why this should be done. They can only act as a deterrent. IE to high, them being peanuts doesn't add to your case. It just Doesn't hurt your case.

When did blizzard ever say nos's number are impossible? I would think Nos' numbers are easily possible for a game that has had 100+million people play it. It was a free version of an extremely prolific game pay to play game.
    It may not be "the smoking gun", but it's a lot more credible than when people yelling it won't work because they say so.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandrace View Post
    And yet here is the thing about that. It is their IP true, but if they can't supply the demand for the older game than someone else always will, feeding that hunger for Legacy servers more and more. It won't stop, it will never stop, it is an endless cycle and one that Blizzard will either succumbs to the demand and agree towards or something worse happens and WoW is shut down by the divided community becoming more ravenous toward each other. We've seen it happen in the past and it's more than likely possible now.

Something is gonna break, it always does in this type of situations. The tipping point is in the future, sooner or later something will happen, it MUST happen.
    WoW will never be shut down due to the community becoming ravenous towards each other. Only two possible outcomes will happen. Blizz will keep shutting down private servers, or they will release a legacy, and last I have heard, there is no interest in the latter. As it was asked many times before, suppose there are 4 - 5 million active retail accounts, and it was ~12 million, at the highest, where are the other 7 or 8 million who quit for some reason or another? Why aren't they speaking up? It is always the vocal minority.

Could a mod please fix the title already?
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    In Thousand Needles you still fight against centaurs and evil tauren. In EPL you defend the same towns and towers against undead. They added content, that's true, but the original zone design and story are still present.
    I think you don't understand the difference between the iterations of the two zones you mentioned. Vanilla version provided a challenge, an adventure, even if you quest there multiple times. And now? "Alright, let's faceroll this shit"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tome View Post
    Not sure if it already has been linked.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Nostalrius/...nned_response/

https://i.imgur.com/uZAYgjG.png

It's slightly interesting.
    Slightly is underplaying it. This mean the feedback got to them. It's HUGE.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Suppose Blizz does open a legacy server, hell, one for every expansion. There will be a surge of players on them at first, then it will die off. Then Legion is released, everyone abandons legacy for new content, then another surge during the down time between the end of Legion and whatever 8.0 is. Sure there will be the few hardcores, but during the majority of the time, it will only be those few hardcores, and the occasional curious player, and someone that logs into it every few months for nostalgia's sake.

10+ Year Old Account
    Suppose Blizz does open a legacy server, hell, one for every expansion. There will be a surge of players on them at first, then it will die off. Then Legion is released, everyone abandons legacy for new content, then another surge during the down time between the end of Legion and whatever 8.0 is. Sure there will be the few hardcores, but during the majority of the time, it will only be those few hardcores, and the occasional curious player, and someone that logs into it every few months for nostalgia's sake.
    If this allow blizzard to retain millions of players during content drought, then it's a clever and profitable business choices.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom4u2 View Post
    If this allow blizzard to retain millions of players during content drought, then it's a clever and profitable business choices.
    Unfortunately they won't be able to develop servers in this content drought, even if they wanted to. Realistically you won't see legacy servers until the tail-end of legacy at the earliest.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom4u2 View Post
    Who is to say that's the case? 7 - 8 million people didn't quit just because content droughts. There are any number of reasons they quit, and I doubt not having legacy servers is one of the bigger ones.

Lots of assumptions in that statement.

Who is to say that's the case? 7 - 8 million people didn't quit just because content droughts. There are any number of reasons they quit, and I doubt not having legacy servers is one of the bigger ones.
    I'm not a rocket scientist, but it was pretty clear to me that the poster wasn't commenting that people who leave during content droughts do it because they wanted a Legacy Server available and, since they had none, they quit;
    And more along the lines of having a portion, of those who usually quit during droughts, stick around and play on Legacy Servers instead of simply unsubscribing.
    Last edited by Darkeon; 2016-04-21 at 07:28 PM. Reason: Added response.

Says who? If you base the surge off of the expansion releases, then I agree there will be a surge, but if you also use this info, you would know enough stay around to still play the game. I'm willing to bet the population would stay steady till about Cata, and even then the people who left the game may stay around to experience what they didn't the first time. Basing what I know from other games progression servers, there will eventually hit a lull, but it is typically the expansions that the game itself lost a massive amount of players. The one nice part though about WoW is there isn't a huge reliance on other players in the leveling process, so let's say there ends up being a lull in doing earlier dungeons (this existed back then and even now in wow anyways), you can still do other things to level that don't require others. The nice part about these servers is it doesn't just open the doors to bring back old players for them only, but opens the doors for exactly what you mentioned. This isn't a bad thing, this is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    Yes of course you are. I'm Stephen Hawking personally. You may in fact be telling the truth but I highly doubt you're a lawyer and just happen to be having a case about this exact topic.

We know Nost broke the law. The emulated WoW which they have no right to do. It's as simple as it gets.
    They emulated wow, they have no right?

How did sony lose to bleem, who emulated their playstation?, i mean they had no right... Right?.

I never said i was a lawyer, i said i was implicated in a case regarding copyright infringement and emulators. Did you even read my post? Clearly a court has deemed emulators legal once, how can you be so sure they wont again?.

We do NOT know nost broke the law.