Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    It's pretty amazing how many people don't know that if you ignore a character, it ignores all whispers from that Battle.net account. So yeah, ignore and move on. Undercutting is not harassment, it's a trading technique.

Quote Originally Posted by Fkleppe View Post
    How can he be in trouble for that?
    Not for the undercutting, but for telling people the OP is a goldseller and to ask them to report him.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    I mean it is a free market, if he wants to undercut you all day he is able to do so. I used to be quite PVP oriented when it came to the gem market Pre-WoD. Some people refuse to be undercut by anyone and will spend hours just reposting over and over.

And he is also free to post the same exact item in trade chat with a lesser asking price. Yes it is a very douchebag move. Only thing you can do is put him on ignore. You can try and report him but I'm not sure a lot of good will come of it. Best you can do is put him on ignore and if he tries to circumvent that by making alts to harass you THEN you can get him busted for that.
    Actually he knows when you are online by your character, so adding him to friends instead of ignore will inform you when that character is online too.
    It won't deal with alts, but its potentially something.
    It is even suggested often in guides, that you keep track of known competition that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Make an alt named something to the effect of "hagglingwelcome". post the item on the AH with that alt. If it gets undercut, don't get in a huff about it, leave the item up there. If the other seller sells the item, then that's less competition. If they don't sell the item, then you both have it priced too high.
    If the other seller has a limited supply, then they will eventually run out. And buyers may take the hint from the alt name and send you a mail making a counter offer, bypassing the other seller.

Don't make it so easy for someone else to play you.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    Once again, there's a difference between undercutting and targeted undercutting
    No, you're wrong. You're so wrong you don't deserve an explanation why.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    This sounds very serious. I have seen people in vanilla who would forge arcanite reaper for just mats to show their asses to all others who farmed the recipe and thought they could finally make a fortune - they were called out a lot by other blacksmiths. Just join your fellow traders. And if you thought you have a monopoly... well sucks to not have it then?
    I've hardly ever taken gold from people to craft items in classic. Because I'm a nice person. I had several epic patterns that no one(or a very few) had. I accepted tips a few times because they felt really guilty and wouldn't stop sending me tells. I had several other smiths send me hate tells. But, I generally had a really good reputation on my realm because of this.

Just because some people did it for free doesn't mean they did it for free to spite other smiths.
    Last edited by urasim; 2016-04-21 at 09:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    No, you're wrong. You're so wrong you don't deserve an explanation why.
    Thanks pal. Way to get em right there
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

15+ Year Old Account
    Stop being sensitive.