+22
    Oddly enough, that made it worse.

+ 20

Maybe this will help.

+ 21

Sleep paralysis is caused by a disconnect between different parts of your brain. It's actually pretty much the inverse of sleep walking.

You see, when you sleep, the part of your brain that controls motor function mostly shuts down. This is to keep you from trying to act out your dreams.

In sleep walking, motor control doesn't shut down, so you act on what you're perceiving.

In sleep paralysis, you wake up, but the part of your brain responsible for motor function hasn't yet. The audiovisual hallucinations are your subconscious trying to make sense of the sensation. It's a bit like a dream echo.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

10+ Year Old Account
    + 22

Hastings with the good music.

Stupid arm is still fudged. Didn't keep me from working out though.

+19

California is so expensive ><

10+ Year Old Account
    http://imgur.com/gallery/1RVPu42

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    + 21

Sleep paralysis is caused by a disconnect between different parts of your brain. It's actually pretty much the inverse of sleep walking.

You see, when you sleep, the part of your brain that controls motor function mostly shuts down. This is to keep you from trying to act out your dreams.

In sleep walking, motor control doesn't shut down, so you act on what you're perceiving.

In sleep paralysis, you wake up, but the part of your brain responsible for motor function hasn't yet. The audiovisual hallucinations are your subconscious trying to make sense of the sensation. It's a bit like a dream echo.
    Interesting. Still an unpleasant experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    +19

California is so expensive ><
    I am so happy I don't live there

Too many people from cali are moving up here. We should build a wall and make them pay for it.

+ 21

+21

Ehhhh kind of a long story. My 2 dogs were taken my animal control last night without them telling me. Apparently the housing office has been trying to get a hold of me for 2 days but has been calling my ex wife instead of me. She neglected to tell me that. Now the office thinks a squatter is living in my home and their coming to investigate it tomorrow. On top of that because my ex wife moved out I have to move out in the next 30 days. I live in family housing on a military base, and didn't realize that was a thing. I also have to give up my 2 dogs, and maybe my 2 cats so that makes it worse. On top of that i have to come up with 3-4 grand in about 2 weeks. Seriously stressed the fuck out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hastings View Post
    Still cheaper than living in SoCal !
    Which is quite depressing. I don't blame Californians for wanting to move. My mom's 1900 sq ft house would be worth just over twice as much down there.

Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    +21

Ehhhh kind of a long story. My 2 dogs were taken my animal control last night without them telling me. Apparently the housing office has been trying to get a hold of me for 2 days but has been calling my ex wife instead of me. She neglected to tell me that. Now the office thinks a squatter is living in my home and their coming to investigate it tomorrow. On top of that because my ex wife moved out I have to move out in the next 30 days. I live in family housing on a military base, and didn't realize that was a thing. I also have to give up my 2 dogs, and maybe my 2 cats so that makes it worse. On top of that i have to come up with 3-4 grand in about 2 weeks. Seriously stressed the fuck out.
    https://media.giphy.com/media/NNeyoSjPTDfhe/giphy.gif

That is an awful situation. I would pistol whip someone of they tried to take my dog.
    That is an absolute load of crap that you have to move out because your ex is gone and have to give up your pets.

Well I don't have to give them up, i'm choosing to. Regrettably I don't know if I can afford them.

+20
    @Hastings There isn't that kind of option unfortunately.

+ 21