Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Like I said, she's the mascot.

OW doesn't have a main character. If it did, it'd be S76. That's what I'm saying.

He's also not the ex-leader. OW is an ex-organisation.
    and what iam saying is that S76 would STILL not be even if it did. Outside of you saying so, there is nothing to indicate this in the lore, story, dev panels, info but plenty pointing out otherwise since he has received no such treatment to indicate such a position. that "not an ex leader, OW is an ex-org" is ludicrious given what was said before that he "IS the leader of OW". If its an ex-org. he's the ex-leader and he also wont have that position in its revival given what he's become and the other characters opinions of what he is now.

She is both the mascot and the most focused on in the story concerning those who will be in the revived group. S76 story will be shown but he will never get the level of coverage and focus of the others. Nothing indicates he would be a main character if that were the case.

He's the side character anti hero ex mentor, a fallen example of what overwatch once was and the mistakes it must avoid.
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2016-04-21 at 03:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    Been trying her out in Try mode as I can't play her yet.

It seems she has the highest possible DPS in an ideal situation, when I picked Locked and Loaded and stacked Untouchable, I was doing over 750+ DPS without using melee and Pulse Bomb. I don't remember other heroes having that high DPS, most of them have ranging from 580 to 680 DPS. Correct me if I am wrong.

Now I know DPS is not the most important factor, but I see a lot of people complaining about her low damage. To me it seems more than okay considering how easily she can stick to targets. I was shocked with how much damage she can unleash if played to a max potential.

I like how there are high skill talents, I think this is a hero people have been asking for. There are a ton of ways to show your skill when playing Tracer.
    Valla can do 950 single target dps at 20 with the right talents, just auto attacking no cooldowns or abilities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Valla can do 950 single target dps at 20 with the right talents, just auto attacking no cooldowns or abilities.
    To be honest, I am not entirely sure.

She does that 950 DPS with Giant Killer, but the Dummy is most likely confusing. Without Giant Killer she does 750 DPS and slightly over 800 with Searing Attacks. Dummy has a big health pool, so Giant Killer seems to be adding way more extra damage than realistically possible.

Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    To be honest, I am not entirely sure.

She does that 950 DPS with Giant Killer, but the Dummy is most likely confusing. Without Giant Killer she does 750 DPS and slightly over 800 with Searing Attacks. Dummy has a big health pool, so Giant Killer seems to be adding way more extra damage than realistically possible.
    Yeah that's true.

@Nikkaszal
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    I... do not know. In normal cases I would assume not, but Tracer is not exactly a normal case. I saw @Tirilka play Abathur in one of our games the other day, hopefully he can answer this!
    From what I glimpsed, she has the heroic, but it's 0% charged, so I doubt you can actually use it during the clone.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    and what iam saying is that S76 would STILL not be even if it did. Outside of you saying so, there is nothing to indicate this in the lore, story, dev panels, info but plenty pointing out otherwise since he has received no such treatment to indicate such a position. that "not an ex leader, OW is an ex-org" is ludicrious given what was said before that he "IS the leader of OW". If its an ex-org. he's the ex-leader and he also wont have that position in its revival given what he's become and the other characters opinions of what he is now.

She is both the mascot and the most focused on in the story concerning those who will be in the revived group. S76 story will be shown but he will never get the level of coverage and focus of the others. Nothing indicates he would be a main character if that were the case.

He's the side character anti hero ex mentor, a fallen example of what overwatch once was and the mistakes it must avoid.
    I don't know what makes you say that, S76 is involved in the founding, schism and fall of Overwatch, and becomes a driving force for it to make a return once he adopts the S76 identity. Tracer is new gen Overwatch and fairly peripheral.

I'm sure she'll get a lot of focus because she's a popular character, but in no sense is she the "main character". Overwatch is an ensemble anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I don't know what makes you say that, S76 is involved in the founding, schism and fall of Overwatch, and becomes a driving force for it to make a return once he adopts the S76 identity. Tracer is new gen Overwatch and fairly peripheral.

I'm sure she'll get a lot of focus because she's a popular character, but in no sense is she the "main character". Overwatch is an ensemble anyway.
    And guess how she became a popular character? Because she was the focus of all the promotion material.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone reliably use the timed reload talent? I feel like I would pick that one every time, but I never see anyone grab or recommend it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rothg View Post
    Does anyone reliably use the timed reload talent? I feel like I would pick that one every time, but I never see anyone grab or recommend it.
    too attention demanding.
    Its a marginal DPS increase over Focusfire, but a massive attention demand. If you miss even 1 in a teamfight you more than offset the dmg increase.

I personally prefer the faster reload one, because its no attention, and I think you get more Dps through focussing your attention on positioning and correct targetting than in diverting attention to hitting D at the correct time. Also, your ult charge is based on hits not dmg, so faster reloads, = faster ults, though thats not the reason I take it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lesane View Post
    And guess how she became a popular character? Because she was the focus of all the promotion material.
    Yeah, and it's confusing because S76 wasn't introduced until later.

But none of that makes Tracer the "main character" of Overwatch.

Yeah, and it's confusing because S76 wasn't introduced until later.

But none of that makes Tracer the "main character" of Overwatch.
    Well, since it's a shooter you can't really have a storybased main character anyway. There's no storyline or campaign or whatever, and the people who really care to read into extra source material are going to be very minimal. So that just transforms the center character into whoever is marketed as such, in this case Tracer. I mean, that's what people are referring to anyway when they say "Overwatch's main character".

Quote Originally Posted by Lesane View Post
    Well, since it's a shooter you can't really have a storybased main character anyway. There's no storyline or campaign or whatever, and the people who really care to read into extra source material are going to be very minimal. So that just transforms the center character into whoever is marketed as such, in this case Tracer. I mean, that's what people are referring to anyway when they say "Overwatch's main character".
    But there is a story, and it's presented in ensemble format but if there's any "main" character, it's S76.

Watching people debate the main characters is like watching old men pick scabs,you are both right and you are both pretty.

I like the bonus damage at the end of a clip, single target dmg is great.

it really depends on the situation and requirements for which talent is best at lvl 16 and 4

How do you switch targeting between creeps and enemy hero when he appears or between multiple heroes without sacrificing standing a split sec to do that ?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballistic View Post
    How do you switch targeting between creeps and enemy hero when he appears or between multiple heroes without sacrificing standing a split sec to do that ?
    Faster clicking? She's meant to be a high skill-cap hero
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

use A to manually select AA targets on the move
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2016-04-22 at 09:13 AM.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ewokgangbang View Post
    my whole problem with this champion or just the character in general, it that it sounds like blizzard had an american do a terribly australian/cockney accent instead of paying someone to come in and do the voice overs. her voice makes me cringe especially when she pronounces some words.
    Same here, it really sucks that whenever you see a "British person" in an American film/game they always sound like they are running from Jack the ripper. I mean seriously, <0.3% of our population talk like that, put some other British accents in your damn stuff Murica XD

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Same here, it really sucks that whenever you see a "British person" in an American film/game they always sound like they are running from Jack the ripper. I mean seriously, <0.3% of our population talk like that, put some other British accents in your damn stuff Murica XD
    On the other hand, there were... three I think?... Australians in the main cast of Jessica Jones and even I could pick out the hideous American accent attempts from two of them

I just don't understand how casting directors can think people won't notice if they half-arse it.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Personally...

I love the fake accents more than the authentic ones in cases such as this. I find them hilarious, especially in Tracers case where she is trying her best to sound cockney and not quite nailing it.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.