Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wall of Chyna View Post
    No shit, is this the realization of a blizzdrone? Yeah, they do make mistakes, especially ever since Cataclysm.
    Here we go again... "Blizzdrone", sigh. Why can't you discuss things without even attacking other posters? You think this makes you superior, but this just invalidates anything you write from this point on... And btw I think that MoP was excellent expansion, showing that they learn from the mistakes....

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    Shame they can only criticize retrospectively and not turn that into critical thinking during the development period. Ah well /shrug.
    That's the human condition mate. Sure, it's too bad we don't all do more critical thinking before we made mistakes. Maybe the world would be a perfect place if everyone did and humans no longer made mistakes. Hindsight's a beautiful thing, no?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliseus View Post
    Who doesn't have time anymore? You? There has been nothing that has changed over the last 20 years that people magically don't have time anymore. People still work 40 hours a week. People still have kids. People are still getting married and divorced. People are still going out drinking. Please explain more where this fabricated idea that no one has time anymore. You know how many people I've also say that that play MMOs 24/7? This is a delusional thought process that has been used to somehow make casually playing MMOs easier. Which isn't a bad thing, but people definitely still have the same time that they had before.
    Sorry mister delusional I know it all I dunno where you live but in my enviroment people tend to enjoy playing on smartphones and tablets more then on a pc.
    So claiming nothing has change the last 20 years is completly wrong. 20 years ago to play you used either a pc or a console. times change, deal with it!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirra View Post
    Here we go again... "Blizzdrone", sigh. Why can't you discuss things without even attacking other posters? You think this makes you superior, but this just invalidates anything you write from this point on... And btw I think that MoP was excellent expansion, showing that they learn from the mistakes....
    If anybody is actually surprised that Blizzard "can make mistakes", then that has to be the realization of a Blizzdrone. Because us Non-Blizzdrones would've never been surprised by that. Us Non-Blizzdrones have been pointing out things they are fucking up for years. If you don't wanna be called a Blizzdrone, don't act like a Blizzdrone.

If anybody is actually surprised that Blizzard "can make mistakes", then that has to be the realization of a Blizzdrone. Because us Non-Blizzdrones would've never been surprised by that. Us Non-Blizzdrones have been pointing out things they are fucking up for years. If you don't wanna be called a Blizzdrone, don't act like a Blizzdrone.
    No ! Blizzard has tons of money with our subscriptions ! They should be perfect ! Money solves all problems !

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderTaco View Post
    Money solves all problems !
    It certainly can't create talent where there is none. So I guess the thing to take away from that is that Blizzard is just not capable of making a good MMO anymore. Well, we didn't need Titan to know that. We know that just by looking at World of Warcraft.

It certainly can't create talent where there is none. So I guess the thing to take away from that is that Blizzard is just not capable of making a good MMO anymore. Well, we didn't need Titan to know that. We know that just by looking at World of Warcraft.
    So if one project fails that's it, you can't do it anymore ? If you fall once you are unable to walk again ?

Deleted
    So if one project fails that's it, you can't do it anymore ? If you fall once you are unable to walk again ?
    Blizzard has yet to show that they still know how to make a good MMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know a lot of tech that was developed for Titan got folded into World of Warcraft.

Blizzard has yet to show that they still know how to make a good MMO.
    I assume you mean MMORPG, since anything online is pretty much MMO. Their last project was cancelled, okay. Doing a new MMO takes time and they can't just pop a new one like that.

It's like seeing a professional biker fall, break his bike in the process and saying : "Ha, until I see you riding again, I consider you are unable to ride a bike properly".

Deleted
    When someone defends blizzard, he typically admits that blizzard makes mistakes. It's you blizzbashers who think that anyone liking blizzard cannot see the mistakes. We can see the mistakes, but we don't blow them out of proportions saying they "fucked up". We can see that blizzard is constantly learning from their mistakes. When you take honest mistakes and use it as a sign that "blizzard is lying/evil/clueless", then you are on the same level as people who defend blizzard without admitting their mistakes. When your judgement is clouded by your prejudice and when you are insulting other posters, you can't be taken seriously in any discussion (except for some blizzbashers echo chamber)...

Lack of confidence, who are we, bla bla bla...Looks like a cheap teenager soup opera.

Would've been nice if they showed some concept art, I still have 0 idea what we could've expected from this game.

15+ Year Old Account
    This was a really nice watch. I think it shows an important thing not only for game developement but it has a nice message overall: failure isn't unltimately bad - it's something to learn from for future growth.

Deleted
    So they weren't content with what they achieved and decided to scrap it and use parts of it for Overwatch. I honestly don't get what's so special about that. Not the first time a (big) company fails and uses parts from the failure for future projects.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeleteMyAccountMMOCSUX View Post
    Blizzard on Cancelled MMO: "We Failed Horrifically"

So, they are human. They do make mistakes.
    Doesn't the fact they took a 50 million dollar cut show they thought they failed with the game? We really don't need anybody to point out they're human, we already know this. I mean remember StarCraft Ghost? They cut that after years of development because they weren't happy with the product. It's not new for Blizzard to cut out games they're not satisfied with.

Really find it annoying to see these kinds of pointless threads to pop up, feels like a passive aggressive Blizzard-bash, or a cheap attempt at insinuating negative conversation. This is the exact kind of post that's actively ruining these forums over the past months, it's getting old at this point.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirra View Post
    When someone defends blizzard, he typically admits that blizzard makes mistakes. It's you blizzbashers who think that anyone liking blizzard cannot see the mistakes. We can see the mistakes, but we don't blow them out of proportions saying they "fucked up". We can see that blizzard is constantly learning from their mistakes. When you take honest mistakes and use it as a sign that "blizzard is lying/evil/clueless", then you are on the same level as people who defend blizzard without admitting their mistakes. When your judgement is clouded by your prejudice and when you are insulting other posters, you can't be taken seriously in any discussion (except for some blizzbashers echo chamber)...
    Then go back to the OP. To the post I quoted. Where he says

Quote Originally Posted by DeleteMyAccountMMOCSUX View Post
    So, they are human. They do make mistakes.
    Certainly sounds like someone who always knew Blizzard can make mistakes, right? Doesn't sound like someone who just came to that realization, right?

- - - Updated - - -

since anything online is pretty much MMO
    No. it's not. Multiplayer is not the same as MMO.

Doing a new MMO takes time and they can't just pop a new one like that.
    It's not about time. It's not just about a new MMO. They can't even make WoW a proper MMO anymore. They failed, not because of time, but because of inability. Warlords of Draenor and the current state of the game in general should be proof enough of that.

It's like seeing a professional biker fall, break his bike in the process and saying : "Ha, until I see you riding again, I consider you are unable to ride a bike properly".
    More like, until you stop falling on your ass, I'm gonna consider you a bad biker.

Deleted
    Then go back to the OP. To the post I quoted. Where he says

Certainly sounds like someone who always knew Blizzard can make mistakes, right? Doesn't sound like someone who just came to that realization, right?
    I think that statement of realization would look slightly different. Especially if we take into consideration that he's one of proponents of Legacy servers... In the end, even if he had been blind before and suddenly realized the truth, then you should be happy for it, no? Calling him "blizzdrone" could just drive him into defensive stance, where he doesn't accept any arguments... Really, approaching someone with hate just results in hate thrown back... Just as Shaohao said after Garrosh's fall

this is all really phony to me idk, blizzard for whatever reason since they're existence have been dying to be big in the console world they finally got it with diablo but this is their real chance, they probably realized with a game like titan being big on consoles wasn't possible d and made it into this

Quote Originally Posted by Uurdz View Post
    such a weird concept that they spent millions over many years and we've seen absolutely nothing of the game.
    I wonder if that same dev who told us "you think you do, but you don't" was the guy to pull Titans plug.
    Titan = Overwatch MMO.
    Thank god that was not made!
    That universe is just too silly for making a immersive MMO. Suitable for quick, accessible action, though!
    Mother pus bucket!