Executes only to Warrior ?

Didn't they announce it sometimes ago or I'm just imagining things ? if this is true then it's a VERY good change.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    Didn't they announce it sometimes ago or I'm just imagining things ? if this is true then it's a VERY good change.
    Shadow Priests still have theirs, but that's about it I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    if this is true then it's a VERY good change.
    Yeah it would definitely lessen the class homogenization that they've been talking so much about. Execute was THE iconic ability for warriors now we have Shadowburn, Kill shot, Dispatch, Soul Reaper, Shadow Word: Death, and I'm sure there's more that I'm just forgetting (Not counting ToD because outside of PvP it works differently).

What's even the point of having different classes if each one has the same moves under a different name?

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrofluoric View Post
    Yeah it would definitely lessen the class homogenization that they've been talking so much about. Execute was THE iconic ability for warriors now we have Shadowburn, Kill shot, Dispatch, Soul Reaper, Shadow Word: Death, and I'm sure there's more that I'm just forgetting (Not counting ToD because outside of PvP it works differently).

What's even the point of having different classes if each one has the same moves under a different name?
    I don't care about "class homogenization" i care about the opness of an execute at 30 yard in pvp.

A specific execute ability is only to Warriors and SPriests. Some classes are still keeping an execute enhanced or buff. MM hunters getting a stacking crit buff that as long as they stick to the target sub 20% or can be amazing player/RNG gods will effectively have 100% crit to those targets. Not sure if Rogues will keep some form of Dispatch or DK's maintaining Soul Reaper, but the only classes to have a change in ability priority or playstyle will be the 2 previously mentioned classes.

Yeah shadow priests also have an execute both in damage and feeding them a 20% healing/damage buff + damage resource. It might not do as much damage as execute, but it builds a ton of momentum.

Since shadow is a rot class in legion mostly, hitting one target is going to buff their overall rot ability by a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    but the only classes to have a change in ability priority or playstyle will be the 2 previously mentioned classes.
    Feral will too, with Ferocious Bite still refreshing Rip sub-25%.

And still have healing.

Deleted
    But.. Execute has been nerfed (currently) , but it might change as balancing gets closer. The biggest number I have seen is like 600k during CS (arms lvl 108)
    On pvp server (with all talents) I can make mortal strike crit around 1,2 million because of sharpen blade (every 45 sec) ..

600k execute crit isn't that high a number when overpower hits around 200k and same goes for mortal strike crit.

But dunno.. It just feels weaker than compared to live servers

Quote Originally Posted by xzeve View Post
    But dunno.. It just feels weaker than compared to live servers
    For Fury Execute gains 5% damage each time you use it. Up to 99 times.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Deleted
    I don't see why execute would only fit to warriors... however Shadow Priest and Monk have their executes too and I think it's a stupid thing they removed it for Assassination Rogue because it fits perfectly well to their class fantasy IMO (at least far better than for Shadow Priest)... Affliction warlocks also still have their execute (as a talent instead of baseline).

Quote Originally Posted by Gekai View Post
    I don't see why execute would only fit to warriors... however Shadow Priest and Monk have their executes too and I think it's a stupid thing they removed it for Assassination Rogue because it fits perfectly well to their class fantasy IMO (at least far better than for Shadow Priest)... Affliction warlocks also still have their execute (as a talent instead of baseline).
    Monk doesn't have an Execute any more, they have Soul Reaper on a 2minute cooldown. It's shit. - http://legion.wowhead.com/spell=115080/touch-of-death

e2: It hits for about 315k on a player. FoF hits for 100k a tick easily.

For Raiding it'll just be used on CD, and I'm assuming it does fuck all in PvP, but you'll just use it right before your burst in hopes it finishes the target.

Kill Shot being gone is a great change, it was awful for a class to have TWO (if they didn't die, it reset) 50 yard range Executes, usable at 35% HP. Besides Spriest, no other class really has an original style Execute like Warriors now.

E:
    Oh I'm wrong, Destruction does if talented, via Shadowburn. Drain Soul (Affliction) isn't really the same, it replaces Drain Life for fuck all extra (60% damage increase; 66% healing LOSS excluding other buffs/factors. I'm guessing the Agony Talent will be the best for PvP anyway.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2016-04-22 at 10:19 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    A specific execute ability is only to Warriors and SPriests. Some classes are still keeping an execute enhanced or buff. MM hunters getting a stacking crit buff that as long as they stick to the target sub 20% or can be amazing player/RNG gods will effectively have 100% crit to those targets. Not sure if Rogues will keep some form of Dispatch or DK's maintaining Soul Reaper, but the only classes to have a change in ability priority or playstyle will be the 2 previously mentioned classes.
    Monk has a straight execute ability still, Touch of Death.

Quote Originally Posted by nmityosaurus View Post
    Monk has a straight execute ability still, Touch of Death.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Monk doesn't have an Execute any more, they have Soul Reaper on a 2minute cooldown. It's shit. - http://legion.wowhead.com/spell=115080/touch-of-death

For Raiding it'll just be used on CD, and I'm assuming it does fuck all in PvP, but you'll just use it right before your burst in hopes it finishes the target.
    10charss123

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    10charss123
    Ah thanks for that Learned something new <3

Quote Originally Posted by nmityosaurus View Post
    Ah thanks for that Learned something new <3
    Np. I literally just went and tested it on someone, it hits for about 315k on a player. So a 2minute cooldown hitting for 2-3x of ONE tick of FoF. :/ Obviously tuning isn't done but I still don't like the idea that it's basically Soul Reaper on a 2min CD.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    And if they do less damage pre-execute phase to counterbalance the increased damage.
    This is how it has always worked, only starts skewing the other way when a boss mechanic keeps a boss sub 20% for more than 20% of the fight.
    It's why it's always seemed weird to me when people ask for Executes for their spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    This is how it has always worked, only starts skewing the other way when a boss mechanic keeps a boss sub 20% for more than 20% of the fight.
    It's why it's always seemed weird to me when people ask for Executes for their spec.
    Because it's part of a toolkit and can be beneficial for quickly finishing off adds. It also feels good to have an actual 'finisher' in open content

It's like asking for burst damage. Burst means you do low sustain, but it's more useful in most circumstances because you can abuse hte burst in damage windows, you can (usually) time your burst so that when you can't do much damage you lose less dps, etc.

We all know this comes at a cost, but it's generally better to have it than not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Destro warlocks will have to talent into shadowburn, but it can now be used at any %, as far as I understand. The damage didn't seem too impressive, max. 250k or so on target dummy according to what I saw in Cobrak's video