Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

Question Instead of Item Level number, who not..

Instead of Item Level number on a new character stats pane, how about adding proving grounds "bronze, silver, gold, endless" medal next to it?
    I rather group up with a good player than someone with big ass item level number. Just my personal preference.

Anyways, this is just a suggestion. It wouldn't take much, just one small icon next to that number.
    Let me know why do you disagree with me this time. Always happy when I see that.

Deleted
    I like that idea of adding your highest proving ground medals next to your item level maybe i'd actually try and do it then instead of getting silver just to do the heroic dungeons because a lot of the time now people just pick those with the highest item levels in raids.

7+ Year Old Account
    Slap a date and an expiration date (say, major change patches & every 3 months) and I'm down for this.
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

Not sure that would mean much. I haven't even touched the proving ground this expansion beyond the minimum for group finding

Deleted
    Simple: Higher ItemLevel means generally more power. More power means easier/faster dungeon runs. Nobody wants to play the game anymore, they only want the rewards as fast as possible. And Blizzrad trying to cater to their players instead of building a good game, makes it easier to select the fastest way of getting rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by Sargnagel View Post
    Simple: Higher ItemLevel means generally more power. More power means easier/faster dungeon runs. Nobody wants to play the game anymore, they only want the rewards as fast as possible. And Blizzrad trying to cater to their players instead of building a good game, makes it easier to select the fastest way of getting rewards.
    The point OP was making is that this isn't necessarily true though. A player with 10 ilvl less and endless proving grounds will likely be more efficient than one with 10 ilvl more and silver in proving grounds. He's saying that gear is only one measurement of how skilled/efficient a player is, and others should be at least displayable for people to make their own choice.

I would rather remove both. I see no good in anything that "grades" people. The biggest problem this game has is its nasty, uptight and extremely judgemental playerbase. It's a big, fundamental problem. Nothing can ever really work out in WoW because the people who play it are so out of their minds. They refuse to play. They're obsessed with getting shit done, and completely paranoid about avoiding "bads", any form of "waste of time", any kind of failure and any kind of situation where you do what - well, what games are about. Trying stuff, failing at it and attacking it again until you figure it out. That's why death isn't permanent in the game.

I see this unwillingness to play and cooperate, to accept the possibility of failure and the diversity of the playerbase, as a massive problem. Everyone's chronically uptight, outright paranoid, and pre-offended. No wonder no one has any ability to have any fun. And I think quick ways to measure, grade, judge and exclude players are only making this worse.

The proving ground thing is silly. Before you know it, everyone without an "endless" medal would be instantly branded as "terrbile". I have a gold medal on one single character. I think I have alts that don't even have any of those stupid medals at all. Why would I commit myself to that nonsense? It's fairly inadequate to serve as "proof" of one's playing "competence" and nothing I'd want to do more than that one first time to check out what it was about. I wouldn't want to basically be forced to fuck around in the Proving Grounds with every single character I make just to "prove" my worthiness of playing the game to some jackass that, in truth, should simply grow up and get over themselves.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I remember judging people based on their performance, not pre-deciding based on numbers.

Also while we are at "improving" char pane, why not remove char names and replace it with some char ID number and we can all become numbers like people where in concentration camps during 2nd world war.

Quote Originally Posted by SoLoR1 View Post
    Also while we are at "improving" char pane, why not remove char names and replace it with some char ID number and we can all become numbers like people where in concentration camps during 2nd world war.
    You mean realIDs? Would be awesome!

I think making that arbitrary ilvl as a measurement of your character's power was stupid, and I dislike that in new character panel item level looks like main stat.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    I remember judging people based on their performance, not pre-deciding based on numbers.
    Proving grounds is closest to that I think

proving grounds?
    people still do that?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrxz View Post
    Instead of Item Level number on a new character stats pane, how about adding proving grounds "bronze, silver, gold, endless" medal next to it?
    I rather group up with a good player than someone with big ass item level number. Just my personal preference.

Anyways, this is just a suggestion. It wouldn't take much, just one small icon next to that number.
    Let me know why do you disagree with me this time. Always happy when I see that.
    Do you frequently show off your character stats pane to someone else?

Its literally something i never do oO

Proving grounds is closest to that I think
    not at all

PG isnt even close to balanced

it doesnt even try

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Do you frequently show off your character stats pane to someone else?

Its literally something i never do oO
    hey mom come check out my world of warcraft character

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    I would rather remove both. I see no good in anything that "grades" people. The biggest problem this game has is its nasty, uptight and extremely judgemental playerbase. It's a big, fundamental problem. Nothing can ever really work out in WoW because the people who play it are so out of their minds. They refuse to play. They're obsessed with getting shit done, and completely paranoid about avoiding "bads", any form of "waste of time", any kind of failure and any kind of situation where you do what - well, what games are about. Trying stuff, failing at it and attacking it again until you figure it out. That's why death isn't permanent in the game.

I see this unwillingness to play and cooperate, to accept the possibility of failure and the diversity of the playerbase, as a massive problem. Everyone's chronically uptight, outright paranoid, and pre-offended. No wonder no one has any ability to have any fun. And I think quick ways to measure, grade, judge and exclude players are only making this worse.

The proving ground thing is silly. Before you know it, everyone without an "endless" medal would be instantly branded as "terrbile". I have a gold medal on one single character. I think I have alts that don't even have any of those stupid medals at all. Why would I commit myself to that nonsense? It's fairly inadequate to serve as "proof" of one's playing "competence" and nothing I'd want to do more than that one first time to check out what it was about. I wouldn't want to basically be forced to fuck around in the Proving Grounds with every single character I make just to "prove" my worthiness of playing the game to some jackass that, in truth, should simply grow up and get over themselves.
    Well, it's better to have official "benchmark" rather than something completely arbitrary. Community loves to self-segregate, people have different interests, it happens all the time, even IRL. You can do nothing about it, that's in our nature.

FFXIV has no addon support, has no official benchmarks, nothing. You know what's the first 3rd party tool community developed? A benchmark, a fucking DPS meter.

Becasue then people will go back to Gear Score or some other addon.
    It doesn't always matter if you're a good player, if you can't pull the numbers then you are just wasting other people time.

Any removal of a Blizzard designed item level feature will just result in a third party one taking over. Unless they ban them which wouldn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickname View Post
    Any removal of a Blizzard designed item level feature will just result in a third party one taking over. Unless they ban them which wouldn't happen.
    Even if they ban it in game, there'll be apps like SimCraft to "analyse" players. There's no escape

Quote Originally Posted by njeebje View Post
    I like that idea of adding your highest proving ground medals next to your item level maybe i'd actually try and do it then instead of getting silver just to do the heroic dungeons because a lot of the time now people just pick those with the highest item levels in raids.
    ^ what he said ^
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...