Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Both my parents born in South America. Never would refer to myself as a dirty Latino and neither would they.
    None of my friends or relatives would refer to themselves as "dirty Latinos" either, but they would happily refer to themselves as "Latinos," because that's a perfectly acceptable term. This sounds like something in your family culture, not reality.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    Incidentally Trump has the best shot. I think Ted Cruz is unelectable. He is waaay too religious.

We can only wait and see. This election cycle has been crazy. Clinton has many people who are against her too.
    I think you're right about Cruz. In general elections usually the one who appeals to center voters wins and if it's Hillary vs Trump I can only think of a Hillary victory.

one of the least shocking developments in this election.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by larrakeyah View Post
    I think you're right about Cruz. In general elections usually the one who appeals to center voters wins and if it's Hillary vs Trump I can only think of a Hillary victory.
    Trump is actually much more moderate than people realize.

They just scream he is a fascist because he wants to secure our borders and show more caution towards receiving people from troubled countries in the middle east.

Apparently wanting secure borders is so terrible?

15+ Year Old Account
    Indeed. As the average voter doesn't look deeper into the message and instead picks up little things.

For example: The deal about asking the hypothetical question about abortion.

"OH MAH GOD TRUMP WANTS TO PUNISH WOMEN WHO GET ABORTIONZ"

Uh..no, he said if it was made illegal, which he has no interest in making illegal.
    Yeah, the average voter doesn't look past quotes, which is why you've repeatedly contributed in threads crying against out of context Obama and Hillary quotes. Average voter.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Yeah, the average voter doesn't look past quotes, which is why you've repeatedly contributed in threads crying against out of context Obama and Hillary quotes. Average voter.
    Can you kindly point to which thread I have taken out of context Obama and Hillary quotes?

I think you have me mistaken for somebody else. Try again, please.

15+ Year Old Account

They just scream he is a fascist because he wants to secure our borders and show more caution towards receiving people from troubled countries in the middle east.

Apparently wanting secure borders is so terrible?
    Here's the thing, you have to look past the rhetoric just like you have to look past quotes?

Why secure our border? The anti-immigrant propaganda only started when companies that were shipping jobs overseas to asia were looking for a scapegoat. That's when the rhetoric that it was MEXICANS stealing all the jobs popped up. All illegals have ever done in the last century is work seasonal field jobs, where they do work like picking fruit and veggies that local Americans simply WILL NOT DO.

So again, you're going to need to provide a valid reason for WHY we should secure the border. What detriment does open border cause us? Please note that if you're going to say "Illegals vote for Democrats so of course you want them in!" I'm going to expect you to back that up with verifiable evidence. If you say "They take our jobs!" Once again, evidence. If you say they're rapists and drug dealers, again, EVIDENCE.

But this is more of a rhetorical question, since we know that none of these things are true. Drug dealers from Mexico operate independently of regular migrants, and have their own channels across the border that laugh at a silly wall. There is no evidence to show that rape crimes are higher among mexican immigrants. Indeed, it's actually LOWER since they know that committing crime puts them on police radar, and they don't want to get caught and shipped out.

If you want Trump to do anything he says he's going to do, you're going to have to provide evidence to its necessity for anyone to take you seriously.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Have you ever watched Trump rallys and events? He brings up the fact he is completely fine with legal immigrants many times.

Illegal immigrants cheat the system.
    Still have not pointed out to me the word illegal in that little rant of his. Perhaps you can do so now since I am having trouble locating it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Here's the thing, you have to look past the rhetoric just like you have to look past quotes?

Why secure our border? The anti-immigrant propaganda only started when companies that were shipping jobs overseas to asia were looking for a scapegoat. That's when the rhetoric that it was MEXICANS stealing all the jobs popped up. All illegals have ever done in the last century is work seasonal field jobs, where they do work like picking fruit and veggies that local Americans simply WILL NOT DO.

So again, you're going to need to provide a valid reason for WHY we should secure the border. What detriment does open border cause us? Please note that if you're going to say "Illegals vote for Democrats so of course you want them in!" I'm going to expect you to back that up with verifiable evidence. If you say "They take our jobs!" Once again, evidence. If you say they're rapists and drug dealers, again, EVIDENCE.

But this is more of a rhetorical question, since we know that none of these things are true. Drug dealers from Mexico operate independently of regular migrants, and have their own channels across the border that laugh at a silly wall. There is no evidence to show that rape crimes are higher among mexican immigrants. Indeed, it's actually LOWER since they know that committing crime puts them on police radar, and they don't want to get caught and shipped out.

If you want Trump to do anything he says he's going to do, you're going to have to provide evidence to its necessity for anyone to take you seriously.
    Why can't they just come in legally?

Can you at least answer why we should allow illegals to just walk in with no penalty?

What is the point of legal immigration if illegals can do the same thing the easy way?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by alexw View Post
    Still have not pointed out to me the word illegal in that little rant of his. Perhaps you can do so now since I am having trouble locating it.
    Have to watch the entire speech.

But it's irrelevant. If you actually take the time to watch more of his stuff, especially recent things, you will see he is fine with legal immigration.

Saying he is against immigration is a bit dishonest.

Have you ever watched Trump rallys and events? He brings up the fact he is completely fine with legal immigrants many times.

Illegal immigrants cheat the system.
    Who else cheats systems? Oh...Trump.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    Who else cheats systems? Oh...Trump.
    Does nothing to address the point I made.

Trump is fine with legal immigration.

Have to watch the entire speech.

But it's irrelevant. If you actually take the time to watch more of his stuff, especially recent things, you will see he is fine with legal immigration.

Saying he is against immigration is a bit dishonest.
    He said "Mexicans", not illegal immigrants.

His most prominant policy is to make the Mexican government pay for a 14 billion dollar wall.

Him saying he is fine with immigration in an effort to ingratiate himself to the people who he knows he needs to have any chance at winning the election doesn't undo what he said previously, nor does it somehow cancel out his unchanged policies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump not only said Mexico was sending over rapists (don't forget the rapists!) but it was happening "all over" Central and South America. He brought it on himself.

10+ Year Old Account

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Both my parents born in South America. Never would refer to myself as a dirty Latino and neither would they.
    New ways to be offended huh

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delekii View Post
    He said "Mexicans", not illegal immigrants.

His most prominant policy is to make the Mexican government pay for a 14 billion dollar wall.

Him saying he is fine with immigration in an effort to ingratiate himself to the people who he knows he needs to have any chance at winning the election doesn't undo what he said previously, nor does it somehow cancel out his unchanged policies.
    The context was illegals.

But hey, disregard him saying he is fine with immigration.

He says something along the lines of "People are going to immigrate here, they are going to have a good time, but they are going to do it legally."

I mean, if we are going to hold things against people for things they said in the past as absolutes, I am sure there are a few other candidates and leaders who should be up for the chopping block.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope more latinos go out and vote. It's a shame that my people always have the lowest voter turn out when we make up such a huge portion of the population and can swing elections one way or another.

Deleted
    Trump supporters are entertaining

15+ Year Old Account
    Why can't they just come in legally?

Can you at least answer why we should allow illegals to just walk in with no penalty?

What is the point of legal immigration if illegals can do the same thing the easy way?
    It would be nice if we could streamline our immigration system, to make it much less cumbersome and time wasting. But you know whose fault it is that immigration reform hasn't happened...

Yeah, they should come here legally, but there was never a complaint about them, not a loud one at least, til companies started blaming disappearing jobs on them. They'd been doing near-border seasonal work for decades before we closed our border to Mexico.
    Last edited by Cthulhu 2020; 2016-04-23 at 02:23 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    New ways to be offended huh
    Maybe Latino has the same negative connotation as "negro" does now?