Poll: Remove group finder?

Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Before the Looking For dungeon tool was added, they were still anti-social people. And then after you find your group, you had a huge chance of it breaking apart once you agree on who to go summon. And no, they didn't always talk either. The LFG tool is a gift for all dungeoneers online.

Even if you were in a guild before LFG, it still didn't always mean it was important. The game already rewards teamwork in the guild, and yet still people don't do it much.

Hahahaha... no, that is the biggest myth ever. I'm going to sound like an old man, but back in the days, there used to be forum sections just for blacklisting people due to bahavior. Just because they are from your server doesn't mean they'll be automatically nice to you. They weren't then, nor now.

As I have stated before, I don't mind the removal of Looking For Raid, but Looking For Group is just more valuable, especially since some servers are dropping in citizens.
    More drivel because Blizzard cant be wrong.

The game was infinitely more social before LFD and yes you did have to look after your reputation when you were on a server.

The main difference is that getting a group took time and effort and you had to talk to people. People therefore didn't drop group at the first sight of trouble because they knew they would have to get another group and go the effort again. Play on a private server and the difference is huge.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaizun View Post
    Form a guild. Queue with them for things. Be social. This was in your original post- you solved your own problem. Now let other people play the way they want to play.
    Exactly.
    Wow is in fact very socially orriented game, BUT only within guilds.
    LFx tools are good for those who dont want to be social in game.
    In game Im not social at all, nor in todays tools like facebook, instagram and whatnot. But face to face, at parties, dinners, bars Im very social person.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes pls. Ever since group finder has been put in the game it has made WoW start to suck. How? well for example you cant make friends anymore. ANd by forming your own groups is how players did it in Vanilla and BC.

Adding people to friends = Forming groups faster. But retards and these dev's don't comprehend why thats good in a MMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    No.

Why?

Because I am working on my next legendary ring for my paladin. I've completed the first one on my main through heroic raiding with my guild and close in-game friends. I did my social part. Now LFD/LFR will enable to get the ring on my alt without having to involve my guild, without having to waste hours, sometimes days, trying to put groups together that might fail or otherwise can't form because people have real-life commitments.

Ooo I''ll be glad for the days where I have to stand around in Ironforge again for 50 minutes looking for people for UBRS again. That'll be fun!!! /s

Yes pls. Ever since group finder has been put in the game it has made WoW start to suck. How? well for example you cant make friends anymore. ANd by forming your own groups is how players did it in Vanilla and BC.

Adding people to friends = Forming groups faster. But retards and these dev's don't comprehend why thats good in a MMO.
    Nothing stops you from doing that now except you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haselden View Post

You can make friends. I've made friends from LFR by being a nice guy, explaining mechanics, and talking to people. Try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Joozt View Post
    Make the game more social again I don't care if I have to be in a main city for 30 min to make a group.
    Merge more servers so every single one has at least a medium population and it should be no problem to build a group.

What will this do?

1. Make people interact with each other again. 5 man groups use to be so fun you would meet people chat even make new friend ect as now a days everyone just joins random groups and even end a dungeon without even speaking it is a MMO we need more interaction with each other.
    Now people just join random groups with poeple you will never see again so no one seems to care.

2. Make guild important again, now because you can PUG everything cross realm guild really lost their importance.

3. Because you play with people on your server people will behave less toxic because you will run into each other again.

What do you guys think bad / good idea ? why?

I know this will probably never happen but I feel like this game lost most of the social aspect many blame the garrison but it feels like even group content even is less social. Some might say you can still do this just write in general make your own group. Yes this is true but because everyone is in the groupfinder no one is looking in general.
    You again. Oh cry more kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    Worst idea ever.

Why? because this will make ppl again do cityspams for +30min to just form a group to do 1 dungeon run.
    Ppl that played this game before the LFD know what i mean.
    If you look at the big picture, LFD type tools are a very significant contributor to the 'I'm out of content' problem that has plagued this game for years now. In that way, they're problematic.

Quote Originally Posted by Joozt View Post
    Make the game more social again I don't care if I have to be in a main city for 30 min to make a group.
    Merge more servers so every single one has at least a medium population and it should be no problem to build a group.

What will this do?

1. Make people interact with each other again. 5 man groups use to be so fun you would meet people chat even make new friend ect as now a days everyone just joins random groups and even end a dungeon without even speaking it is a MMO we need more interaction with each other.
    Now people just join random groups with poeple you will never see again so no one seems to care.

2. Make guild important again, now because you can PUG everything cross realm guild really lost their importance.

3. Because you play with people on your server people will behave less toxic because you will run into each other again.

What do you guys think bad / good idea ? why?
    It sucks.

There's nothing good about it and it wouldn't do anything remotely good. Make people "interact"? Do you want me to write love letters to you in-game? It will never happen. Not even if I had to physically walk up to another character, target and /w them to be able to invite them. Because I'm just not interested in having boring and pointless conversations with random people a.k.a. "socializing". I'm here to play a game, not watch you type your opinion on scrambled eggs, the weather, your dying dog and Donald Trump. Who the fuck cares?!?!

I "interact" with people in-game. I heal them when they're missing health, I keep monsters off their back, I cooperate with them to kill baddies, and sometimes I kick their asses on battlegrounds. That's plenty of interaction if you ask me. I can have a lighthearted word or two with people in the game, sometimes. Sometimes something funny will happen or I'll make a joke or whatever. But I'm not gonna join a fuckin' group therapy session. I don't wanna be anybody's e-Buddy or something. I don't know what it is with all this bullshit talk of "socializing". I really don't know what kind of trip you people are actually on. What in the world have you been doing in the game back in the day? You make it sound as if it was a 90ies chat room or a fucking dating site or something.

And if I feel being "toxic" to another person, I'm gonna blast them and I don't give a shit if I'm seeing them again or not. Why do you think it makes a difference? In fact, if I do see them again, I might be "toxic" again, perhaps even just because I do remember their stupid ass. What's stopping me? Why shouldn't I? Are they gonna tell their mommy?

Leave me alone with your Second Life crap, I got friends in real life, I'm here to play a game.

People often wouldnt talk before.
    Group finders did not in any way stop people from talking.
    It is their choice only.

Same with being social, it is a choice to interact positively with others.
    Interaction on its own is not that.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    Make the game more social again? Are you nuts? The toxic players that enjoys LFD queues, will be forced to behave or be put on ignore :'(

10+ Year Old Account
    LFD/LFR or whatever isn't going away. Removing them won't give you the warm fuzzies you used to get from the game, its time to move on and find something else to love

Deleted
    Great idea, people will not create things like that OpenRaid to set up raids, nonono that isn't going to happen.

p.s. if you feel the need to be forced to socialize with people, then maybe the problem is you.
    Last edited by mmoc3af7d156fa; 2016-04-22 at 10:24 PM.

As someone who played on the vanilla servers this a big no no. Yes, not having a dungeon finder helps build community, however, I do not believe forcing one extreme of either having or not having a group finder is good for the game. Sometimes, for instance, I like to able to just log on and smash through a couple of dungeons and not really have to talk to people, and this should stay that way. However, I think that there should be some form of meaningful content that a player "graduates" to once they've gotten decent gear through dungeon finder and that said content should require building a group and going on a much more difficult challenge.

I think that the problem in the game now is that the "harder" challenge isn't a new challenge its the one you just completed in LFD/LFR with bigger numbers and different colors. When I'm ready to move up the ladder to something bigger and better, I want it to be just that, I want a bigger and better new experience not a recolor of what I was just doing. This is where I think Wrath got things right, players could derp their way through dungeons via the LFD tool but if you wanted to be the best and to defeat the Lich King you had to get 10-25 of your friends to assault ICC with and I'll personally never forget the first time I got out of the dungeon finder and set foot in ICC, it was pure epicness and such an experience is impossible in modern WoW since I can just ride some form of a group finder from level 100 to the Tomb of Sargeras.
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The only lies here are the bullshit coming from you. RBG appears to be immortal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    If you don't like it don't use it, don't spoil other's fun
    Is that the same argument for the fly / no fly discussion?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    You can make friends. I've made friends from LFR by being a nice guy, explaining mechanics, and talking to people. Try it.
    you can, but even LFR sucks spoiling all the content. I'm just point out when everything was server specific and there was no LFG or LFR this is how the game worked.

Vanilla, BC, Early WOTLK Motivation = took entire tier patch to Seeing lore & Content no need for snowflake rwards.

Vanilla, BC, and early WOTLK How to see content? = By making friends as progression, and not being a ninja on your server.

Anyways, lets compare how it is now.

Cata, MoP, WoD Motivation to see content - LFR for 4 hours, and afk.

How to See content? - Menu's. Menus, and menu's. Screw community. ((Hence why everyones dicks now adays. Because we can get away with it cross server No one can keeps tabs on me.)) Like back in the day jerks, were reported on realm forums which were heavily used on my server to keep out the ninja's.

Dude, the features that Blizzard has added over the years is the MMORPG equivalent of the social safety net.

No one likes it, but they certainly don't want it to go away.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

LFD FTW.
    /care LFR.

- - - Updated - - -

UBRS runs, waiting 2,5 hours for someone with the key (eventually we had about 12 people in the guild with it). Then disband the raidgroup after Beast (While I needed my Tier 0 chest from the next boss. Oh the joy of old-school grouping.
    Epics for show, Greens for the pro

15+ Year Old Account
    YEAH! What a GREAT idea! Let's remove auto-grouping so we have to look for a tank for 2 hours! Get rid of convenience and people just won't do the content that takes too long. Has anyone ever stopped to wonder why it took so long to find groups back in TBC? One, heroic attunements. Two, because it was damned inconvenient and nobody wants any part of that. Personally, I didn't make ANY lasting friends for dungeons because when we were done doing them, we didn't GO back.

10+ Year Old Account
    No thanks, having experienced the game without it before, I definitively do not want it to be removed.

People weren't exactly chatty before LFD either, simply because they wanted to spend their time doing the dungeon or raid and not chat.
    They had already spent enough time looking for a group, not to mention travel to where they needed to go.