Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kindahuge View Post
    What in the fuck ever gave you the idea that the one race closer to the light than any other (the Draenei, since you're probably dumb enough to dispute that point) couldn't be members of the Silver Hand? It's been reformed, considering it had one member in the events leading up to WotLK, and he merged it into the Argent Dawn.
    It's stupid and lazy writing to make all the races under 1 paladin banner. No thanks. bad storytelling. Makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Why the hell is the Paladin storyline finale happening in the Priest Class Hall?

Seems randomly stupid.
    Well, based on some datamining we've already had it seems like the death knight finale ends in the Paladin hall where they fucking attack the place, start killing paladins left and right because even though the Lich King himself couldn't even set foot on that holy ground, somehow the ebonblade death knights can just trot right in and do what they want now. Then they raise Tirion because fuck character death impact and fuck paladin players, your class fantasy is to die and be more useful as a DK which apparently is now suddenly superior to the light. It's possible all of the class order campaigns end in another class's order hall.

Quote Originally Posted by Felrane View Post
    Paladins were the priests of the light that were sick of being curb stomped all the time. So they created the order of the paladins. They were priests that put on armor and got melee training and warriors that learned how to use the light. They have always been the protectors of Priests.
    ...I know the origins of the Paladins, thanks.

That doesn't change the fact that it's really strange that the CLASS FANTASY expansion has the Paladin class finale going to defend the Priests. Not only does it make me ask "wtf were the Priests doing?" But also something just doesn't seem right to me about the Balnazzar fight being about going after the Priest class hall, when they have their own problems to worry about.

Is the priest experience going to be the same thing in their class hall? If not why the hell are they not there for this big event? And if so, then that sounds like a gigantic let down for the Priest class campaign. Neither answer is a good one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Enzefik View Post
    Well, based on some datamining we've already had it seems like the death knight finale ends in the Paladin hall where they fucking attack the place, start killing paladins left and right because even though the Lich King himself couldn't even set foot on that holy ground, somehow the ebonblade death knights can just trot right in and do what they want now. Then they raise Tirion because fuck character death impact and fuck paladin players, your class fantasy is to die and be more useful as a DK which apparently is now suddenly superior to the light. It's possible all of the class order campaigns end in another class's order hall.
    Yes, that is true, however is it confirmed that the Tirion resurrection is the finale? It would seem out of place with the whole "Dreadlords are the enemy of our class" for the Death Knight one to be concluded by attacking the Paladins. While I'm not happy they can't let dead characters stay dead, it's ok if Tirion is the last Horseman found, but the DK finale should be against the Legion, not attacking other classes.

As per usual I'm going to wait for the final product before judgment but the idea behind it seems oddly anti-class fantasy. Yes, the Paladins and Priests have always been close, but I'd like my Paladin to be doing something for the Silver Hand, not the Netherlight Temple priesthood.

- - - Updated - - -

Update: Doing the Warlock class campaign, something interesting has come up:

When you go to rescue the other members of the Council of the Black Harvest, the first NPC you run into on Niskara is one of those spider demon women whose name escapes me, and as you fight her, she talks about how they have discovered the location of...dun dun dun, Netherlight Temple and now they're after it and want to kill Velen.

I'm not sure if that was intended for me, as a Warlock, to see (Since multiple classes go to Niskara), but if so, then I think I'm a bit happier about the whole Nighterlight Temple situation since it seems as if, as of this point, at least three classes are involved with it in some way. I had a problem when it seemed to be laziness on Blizzard's part (As in making their finale be some place already created), but if the story has multiple classes converging on this one event, then I actually like that idea.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2016-04-23 at 12:06 AM.

1. This should be in Legion forum
    2. This is odd
    3. He doesnt explain anything,no one goes to attack him and he tries to back em down or anything, its just lets go back to your base
    4. The Naaru nor Velen have shit all to say about a Holy Demon
    5. These Order Hall campaigns seem to be too short with the context, a likely reaction from Garrison 'WORLD THREATENING DESTRUCTION, ....TUNE IN NEXT WEEK HERO'' bullshit
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Melsiren View Post
    Maybe back in Burning Crusade, but if you really don't think "Bloodknights" Are not just Paladins at this point then you're not paying attention.

Like Blizzard has been so blunt recently about how the Bloodknights have changed I cannot even comprehend how people still cling to pre-Sunwell Blood elf Paladin identity. Bloodknights are a redemption story.
    That was BC when I played my Blood Elf Paladin. I miss the old Blood Knights. It was really cool to play a Paladin-Concept that is as dark and evil as a Warlock or Shadow Priest. I really liked it how different a Human Paladin and a Blood Elf Paladin after playing their Class Quests. I think most people understood the Difference between a Blood Elf Paladin and the Alliance Paladins back then and Blizzard did a better job in giving them a unique identity and story than they did with the Tauren Paladin. I don't think that many people would get that the Tauren Paladins are different than the other Paladins and are more like Warriordruids who praise the Sun. Especially giving Tauren Sunwalkers T6, probably the set with the strongest human symbolic, with crystall-Hammers, a Draenei Weapon, was pretty stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    Just watched the video, and the Holy Dreadlord literally calls it the Grand Army of Light.
    Also, isn't he the "High commander" before turalyon? I mean, we make our bitch straight after we kill balnazzar...are we so badass...we litterally SURPASS the vision of the army of light? I mean, if ARATOR and the holy drealord say that we "Might surpass turalyon in an UPCOMING future", then...we're pretty much the badasses of WoW now. Are we the "Chosen" ones to defeat ALL threats...end...all suffering? Are we (the players), part of azeroths world souls split into few? I must know!

- - - Updated - - -

...I know the origins of the Paladins, thanks.

That doesn't change the fact that it's really strange that the CLASS FANTASY expansion has the Paladin class finale going to defend the Priests. Not only does it make me ask "wtf were the Priests doing?" But also something just doesn't seem right to me about the Balnazzar fight being about going after the Priest class hall, when they have their own problems to worry about.

Is the priest experience going to be the same thing in their class hall? If not why the hell are they not there for this big event? And if so, then that sounds like a gigantic let down for the Priest class campaign. Neither answer is a good one.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, that is true, however is it confirmed that the Tirion resurrection is the finale? It would seem out of place with the whole "Dreadlords are the enemy of our class" for the Death Knight one to be concluded by attacking the Paladins. While I'm not happy they can't let dead characters stay dead, it's ok if Tirion is the last Horseman found, but the DK finale should be against the Legion, not attacking other classes.

As per usual I'm going to wait for the final product before judgment but the idea behind it seems oddly anti-class fantasy. Yes, the Paladins and Priests have always been close, but I'd like my Paladin to be doing something for the Silver Hand, not the Netherlight Temple priesthood.

- - - Updated - - -

When you go to rescue the other members of the Council of the Black Harvest, the first NPC you run into on Niskara is one of those spider demon women whose name escapes me, and as you fight her, she talks about how they have discovered the location of...dun dun dun, Netherlight Temple and now they're after it and want to kill Velen.

I'm not sure if that was intended for me, as a Warlock, to see (Since multiple classes go to Niskara), but if so, then I think I'm a bit happier about the whole Nighterlight Temple situation since it seems as if, as of this point, at least three classes are involved with it in some way. I had a problem when it seemed to be laziness on Blizzard's part (As in making their finale be some place already created), but if the story has multiple classes converging on this one event, then I actually like that idea.
    So, here's how it goes down.

The "Chosen" priest is out on the broken isles searching for the pillars

The demons have found the location of where velen is hiding. They're told by kil'jaeden to assault it head on! The invasion is lead by balnazzar.

The warlocks go the nishkara to where they find out about the demons invasion.

The warlocks talk to the knights of the silverhand. The warlocks cannot enter there because they are forbidden to walk "On holy ground".

The knights help the draenei defend their temple, however, they both get their asses kicked.

The holy dreadlord comes in, and helps us defeat balnazzar.

Our forces are greatly diminished, but we've been able to KILL balnazzar (I'd assume the temple was in the nether...or linked to it).

The dks are able to assault due to our lack of troops which looses faith, and if you power faith, you power the holy ground you walk on. So, the holy power there is weakened.

The deathknights ress tirion into a death knight, which pisses the paladins...but they cannot try to fight. They make promises towards the dks..and wonder off.

^^^
    mhmmm, idk, man i just dont know, could be cool, could be shit
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

The "Chosen" priest is out on the broken isles searching for the pillars

The demons have found the location of where velen is hiding. They're told by kil'jaeden to assault it head on! The invasion is lead by balnazzar.

The warlocks go the nishkara to where they find out about the demons invasion.

The warlocks talk to the knights of the silverhand. The warlocks cannot enter there because they are forbidden to walk "On holy ground".

The knights help the draenei defend their temple, however, they both get their asses kicked.

The holy dreadlord comes in, and helps us defeat balnazzar.

Our forces are greatly diminished, but we've been able to KILL balnazzar (I'd assume the temple was in the nether...or linked to it).

The dks are able to assault due to our lack of troops which looses faith, and if you power faith, you power the holy ground you walk on. So, the holy power there is weakened.

The deathknights ress tirion into a death knight, which pisses the paladins...but they cannot try to fight. They make promises towards the dks..and wonder off.
    Most of this seems like actual stuff but I have no idea where you're getting the proper timeframe from, nothing I've seen shows any chronological timeframe yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    That was BC when I played my Blood Elf Paladin. I miss the old Blood Knights. It was really cool to play a Paladin-Concept that is as dark and evil as a Warlock or Shadow Priest. I really liked it how different a Human Paladin and a Blood Elf Paladin after playing their Class Quests. I think most people understood the Difference between a Blood Elf Paladin and the Alliance Paladins back then and Blizzard did a better job in giving them a unique identity and story than they did with the Tauren Paladin. I don't think that many people would get that the Tauren Paladins are different than the other Paladins and are more like Warriordruids who praise the Sun. Especially giving Tauren Sunwalkers T6, probably the set with the strongest human symbolic, with crystall-Hammers, a Draenei Weapon, was pretty stupid.
    Right, the modern differences between Blood elf, and Human Paladins are all in the backstory at this point. Me, I personally like the new identity, but I did not really hate it back during burning crusade. I was also 8 years younger back then, and had vastly different tastes than I do today. I really liked the Sunwell redemption story, from both the perspective of a Paladin and just a Blood elf in general. Between things that Velen said at the end, things that Liadrin says during the Quel'delar quest chain, and things that redone Blood elf intro from Cata say it makes it clear Silvermoon is facing great changes. Changes that not every Blood elf is on board with and the Bloodknights and Liadrin are spearheading, ones that we never really get to see any where in game outside of Talador.

Back on topic, yeah I agree on Sunwalkers, they should have given all the Sunwalker NPCs the Sunwalker Greatsword that they get for their level 20 quests. One of the only race specific class rewards still around. I won't even get into the issues I have with the armor since you covered it well enough.

I wish blizzard would just change spell names for a few race/class combinations, not spell functions to just add a little flavor back to race class identity. That, and unique racial transmog armor would also be a welcomed, so plate armor fitting a Sunwalker can be added. They are the one paladin race I just have issues seeing as a Knight of Silverhand. Not, that I don't think Sunwalkers can't be Knights of Silverhand mind you, I just feel the concept needs more development into the role rather than the whole. "You use the Light, wear plate join our ranks!" bullshit that it feels like is happening.

To make a comparison to the Bloodknights, they had that huge redemption arc back in BC and recently Blizzard is finally showing us how they've come full circle. They are Paladins, their culture calls them a different name, but paladins they are are. If they never updated the Sunwell, or did but made it clear the order did not change ideologies I would be so peeved by the idea of them becoming Knights of Silverhand it's not even funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

7+ Year Old Account
    Why the hell is the Paladin storyline finale happening in the Priest Class Hall?

Seems randomly stupid.
    literally anything happen in wow you say It's stupid, random, shit, or fuck the horde
    if you hate the game so much leave it be

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    Also, isn't he the "High commander" before turalyon? I mean, we make our bitch straight after we kill balnazzar...are we so badass...we litterally SURPASS the vision of the army of light? I mean, if ARATOR and the holy drealord say that we "Might surpass turalyon in an UPCOMING future", then...we're pretty much the badasses of WoW now. Are we the "Chosen" ones to defeat ALL threats...end...all suffering? Are we (the players), part of azeroths world souls split into few? I must know!
    we have always be the ONES
    since ever
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

literally anything happen in wow you say It's stupid, random, shit, or fuck the horde
    if you hate the game so much leave it be
    What a fantastical exaggeration. Oh that's right, I didn't like something you did so therefore I hate everything. Despite flatout saying I'd give it a chance and then even say I'm warming up to the idea because of the Warlock class hall.

But no, you're right. Not sure why you're bothering to make this off topic by spouting bullshit about me because you got upset I didn't like something you did.

I wish blizzard would just change spell names for a few race/class combinations, not spell functions to just add a little flavor back to race class identity.
    That's actually how Paladins worked in BC. They had different names for the same spell. I liked that. It was a nice little gift to the lore that didn't negatively impact the game play in any way. I mean, they do still have Heroism vs Bloodlust so the precedent is still in the game.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2016-04-23 at 11:06 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Narveid View Post
    .... This is exactly how Paladins were originally made for humans as well though <.>
    Yes... except that night elves have paladins already. Of Elune. We don't need paladins of the Light since night elves don't use the Light in the same way humans do for example. Sure, if you just say in-game mechanics, that's ok but if they just do it like the tauren paladins it will be dumb.

7+ Year Old Account
    What a fantastical exaggeration. Oh that's right, I didn't like something you did so therefore I hate everything. Despite flatout saying I'd give it a chance and then even say I'm warming up to the idea because of the Warlock class hall.

But no, you're right. Not sure why you're bothering to make this off topic by spouting bullshit about me because you got upset I didn't like something you did..
    no it's about the speech of hate coming from you, either your comments or you videos, every sentence comes with " dafuq is this shit" " or omg this char is ruined" " or finally the Horde bitches will know there were wrong" " or they don't fucking use this char enough" " why not use this or that" with adding OMG between every 2 words or something.
    I know that may something's in the lore you may not like, but wow will never be what you want, leave some free space for freedom
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    Just checked the name, and that's Delas Moonfang, who was very much a Priestess of the Moon in her last appearances.

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Delas_Moonfang
    Well, human paladins started as battle priests, taurens didn't even worship the light directly and became paladins after pondering about the night elves' worship of their goddess. It makes no sense that we don't have NE paladins.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azahel View Post
    Well, human paladins started as battle priests, taurens didn't even worship the light directly and became paladins after pondering about the night elves' worship of their goddess. It makes no sense that we don't have NE paladins.
    NE have everything, leave something's for your brothers and sisters

You have spoilers in your "spoiler free" title..

Deleted

Seems randomly stupid.
    They changed the Turalyon message to explain why. Balnazzar is attacking everything that is Light.

That answers then. The Legion truly learned how to attack the Azerothians.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by steelballfc View Post
    no it's about the speech of hate coming from you, either your comments or you videos, every sentence comes with " dafuq is this shit" " or omg this char is ruined" " or finally the Horde bitches will know there were wrong" " or they don't fucking use this char enough" " why not use this or that" with adding OMG between every 2 words or something.
    I know that may something's in the lore you may not like, but wow will never be what you want, leave some free space for freedom
    You know what RPing and preferences are, right?
    Last edited by mmoc516e31a976; 2016-04-23 at 12:35 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    You know what RPing and preferences are, right?
    yes I know, what I'm sick about is like what I said the hate speech, anyone in this forum" or anywhere " has made clear about the things that he/she like/dislike, but nothing come's out from his post's or videos without swearing, and unaccepting the Change in wow lore, which will never be as Epic as " let's say LOTR or D&D and other's" , the fact that wow is making huge money for blizzard, and until the day come when wow finally fall down, the story will go on and will be developed into something bigger every time, every year, and it's impossible for you or he or me will not like the lore in every exp or patch, deal with the fact that you must leave some un-sensed space in the lore to keep the game running

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by steelballfc View Post
    yes I know, what I'm sick about is like what I said the hate speech, anyone in this forum" or anywhere " has made clear about the things that he/she like/dislike, but nothing come's out from his post's or videos without swearing, and unaccepting the Change in wow lore, which will never be as Epic as " let's say LOTR or D&D and other's" , the fact that wow is making huge money for blizzard, and until the day come when wow finally fall down, the story will go on and will be developed into something bigger every time, every year, and it's impossible for you or he or me will not like the lore in every exp or patch, deal with the fact that you must leave some un-sensed space in the lore to keep the game running
    You must confusing streamers. There is nothing wrong about swearing and lore preferences, that isn't toxic.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    You must confusing streamers. There is nothing wrong about swearing and lore preferences, that isn't toxic.
    these is
    just like the other thread when I was confused with something, you came and normally pointed the missing point in my lore knowledge, simple, not swearing because I was saying something wrong because " it not toxic to do it"