Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    This, for anyone not knowing it, is something you would definitely kill for if you knew how good it was.
    That looks a lot like a variant of piroger to me.

Also:

This is some good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post

Also:

This is some good stuff.
    I KNOW THAT SHIT TOO! OMG, it's super salty, super tasty and once you've eaten it, you feel like exploding. But sooo worth it.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Deleted
    I KNOW THAT SHIT TOO! OMG, it's super salty, super tasty and once you've eaten it, you feel like exploding. But sooo worth it.
    Salty? o.o I don't think it's that salty. But yeah, it's super tasty. I always eat too much whenever it's served anywhere. <.<

Salty? o.o I don't think it's that salty. But yeah, it's super tasty. I always eat too much whenever it's served anywhere. <.<
    Well, I know it with some sort of fish inside that's... well, not exactly salty but... heavy, very flavoured. omg, the taste is really not easy to describe. It's weird, things are combined that don't want ot be combined, but it works and tastes totally funky and great. And I also always eat too much.

But then, I only get to eat it a couple times a year, so I stuff myself with those as much as I can before I return. :P
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Deleted
    Well, I know it with some sort of fish inside that's... well, not exactly salty but... heavy, very flavoured. omg, the taste is really not easy to describe. It's weird, things are combined that don't want ot be combined, but it works and tastes totally funky and great. And I also always eat too much.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Janssons_frestelse

It's called ansjovis in Swedish, idk the english name. >.<

edit: Oh

The recipe is often mistranslated into English, with anchovies being substituted for sprats. This is because sprats (Sprattus sprattus) pickled in sugar, salt and spices have been known in Sweden as anjovis since the middle of the 19th century, while true anchovies (Engraulis encrasicolus) are sold in Sweden as sardeller (sardelles). Also, small herrings (Clupea harengus) may be used instead of sprats.
    Having home made meatballs to it is like, best combination to it. :F
    Last edited by mmocfb6c003936; 2016-04-20 at 05:39 PM.

Janssons temptation is what my family referred to it as well... I'm not from a weird family inventing weird food names! Yay! Oddly enough, I do feel better about that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Gumbo looks so good I gotta try cooking it some day. Found quite a few easy recipes for it already.
    Find a recipe for microwave roux. Trust me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    I was thinking chicken+chorizo sausage+prawns as the meat, is it a good combo?
    Use andouille if you can find it. Other than that, you picked a good one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Murica! We got lots o dem dar good fudz!

Problem is that none of it is any good FOR you.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    From my hometown of Porto in Portugal I bring you Francesinha ("Little French Girl"). 2 slices of bread, with grilled meat, sausages, chourizo and ham (some variations include other ingredients), with a layer of cheese on top of the "sandwitch"; can include an egg on top like in the picture. Best served with chips AND the secret sauce seen here, made with a mix of tomato juice, hot sauce, beer and a secret ingredient

Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    From my hometown of Porto in Portugal I bring you Francesinha ("Little French Girl"). 2 slices of bread, with grilled meat, sausages, chourizo and ham (some variations include other ingredients), with a layer of cheese on top of the "sandwitch"; can include an egg on top like in the picture. Best served with chips AND the secret sauce seen here, made with a mix of tomato juice, hot sauce, beer and a secret ingredient
    Looks similar to a croque madame. Nom nom.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Looks similar to a croque madame. Nom nom.
    In the same way a double-decker bus looks like a Prius. That thing is loaded.

10+ Year Old Account

Also:

This is some good stuff.
    What is it? French Fry Casserole?

why the good food is so unhealthy
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post

i fucking want!!!
    It's been a while actually since I've received a message from scrapbot...need to drink more i guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Trump is a complete shitbag that's draining the country's coffers to stuff his own.
    It must be a day ending in Y.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Eat in moderation, control your portions. If you have awesome tasting but very fattening food every day, yes it will be unhealthy. If you have it once or twice a week and do a detox day with salads, it won't harm you or your waistline.
    And don't forgot to work out, eating salads is not enough to stay healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    What is it? French Fry Casserole?
    It's difficult to explain. The taste is rather unique. That picture doesn't do it justice. No picture does, really.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    Murica! We got lots o dem dar good fudz!

Problem is that none of it is any good FOR you.
    Honestly, who gives a shit? Why is that a point for discussion? Should I cry every time an Italian pasta dish is posted, citing high fat/carbs content?

Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    Honestly, who gives a shit? Why is that a point for discussion? Should I cry every time an Italian pasta dish is posted, citing high fat/carbs content?
    It's what everyone else is doing...

I'm vegetarian now but Kangaroo meat is the best meat around if its cooked well. Very strong taste.

10+ Year Old Account
    Australia has no good dishes! xD

This country most certainly not famous for food!