Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Risale View Post
    Uhm Canada you muppet.
    Canada is in america, lol.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Risale View Post
    Uhm Canada you muppet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Septik View Post
    Great reading, friend, it was in Canada.
    AFAIK Canada is still part of the "North America" Continent. So technically, "Another day in America" is still correct.

It's sad to see the world in such a sorry state. Where everyone has to live scared. If I was still a child going to school, I would probably have been taken to Child Services because walking alone to school is a big no no. And now playing in a fenced off yard is a big no no too? Good grief. Pretty soon you'll be required to make your house as secured as Fort Knox.
    Last edited by RampageBW1; 2016-04-23 at 02:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthas242 View Post
    you do realize you will feel the wrath of the SJW's for being racist? *because all that crime is in downtown chicago*
    Well i cant be certain where in Chicago the crimes takes place because i dont live there, but numbers dont lie lol. But yeah we had 0 murder cases until then end of march in 2016. I dont think racism or race come into play either. Black people exist here too, they just dont seem to murder one another? Infact we had our scary Syrian refugee influx the christmas before, i guess they really dont go out of their way to cause crimes. Must be the cold weather stopping them.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2016-04-23 at 02:03 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Considering no one refers to Canada as "America" in reference to North America...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arishtat View Post
    Considering no one refers to Canada as "America" in reference to North America...
    Considering that lots of non-american people refer to happenings in north american countries as happenings in america...
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Considering that lots of non-american people refer to happenings in north american countries as happenings in america...
    Only when making a stupid argument to try and defend their ignorance. Case in point: This thread.

We keep telling them that.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone the Crow View Post
    Only when making a stupid argument to try and defend their ignorance. Case in point: This thread.
    Why so vague? you could safely point directly at your post.

Deleted
    Ye...no. People just assume "America" when they hear something stupid happening and their geography is terrible, you get this. Based on the person that first wrote it, I'd 100% bet it wasn't a "North America" America reference.

To be fair as a Canadian i can safely say even we call people from the United states, Americans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ye...no. People just assume "America" when they hear something stupid happening and their geography is terrible, you get this. Based on the person that first wrote it, I'd 100% bet it wasn't a "North America" America reference.
    I don't care whether they meant USA or continent. I don't know neither do you. I was only pointing out the irony in the "It's Canada not america" reactions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    To be fair as a Canadian i can safely say even we call people from the United states, Americans.
    And we non-americans call people of Canada - Canadians. But the reference was to a place not people.

Well i cant be certain where in Chicago the crimes takes place because i dont live there, but numbers dont lie lol. But yeah we had 0 murder cases until then end of march in 2016. I dont think racism or race come into play either. Black people exist here too, they just dont seem to murder one another? Infact we had our scary Syrian refugee influx the christmas before, i guess they really dont go out of their way to cause crimes. Must be the cold weather stopping them.
    i do not live in chicago, but statistically chicago is sfaer then any city IN THE GOOD PARTs....

if you go into the *hood* it is a warzone *mostly black people shooting black people*

Deleted
    I don't care whether they meant USA or continent. I don't know neither do you. I was only pointing out the irony in the "It's Canada not america" reactions.
    Which is still not ironic because the person clearly didn't mean the N.A continent. "It's Canada not America" is referring to the specific country...pretty much no one references NA as NA...they mention specific countries because for the most part, the 3 big ones in NA are completely different.

Quote Originally Posted by FurryFoxWolf View Post
    another day in america who cares
    Winnipeg isn't in America. Good job nation bashing though.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

In all fairness Winnipeg is the "murda capital" of Canada. We even have a hip-hop scene.

But yeah, you hear more and more about dumb shit like this happening every day. I mean who would let their kid go outside? There could be pointy rocks taking pictures of their kids to fuel their pedo fantasies.

Nope. Just like no one says "only in America" when they're referring to Mexico. Or Argentina. Or the Caribbean. Or anywhere else in North or South America.

When they actually do, they use Americas. "America" is specifically the United States in common usage, unless it has "North" or "South" in front of it.

But by all means, keep trying to backpeddle. Can't have a 'superior' (and I'm using that word quite incorrectly) European be shown to have been every bit as ignorant as they were.
    Last edited by Stone the Crow; 2016-04-23 at 02:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Which is still not ironic because the person clearly didn't mean the N.A continent.
    How do you know? The phrase "another day in america" is a valid substitute for "another day in Canada" for someone who doesn't care in which american country it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by FurryFoxWolf View Post
    another day in america who cares
    congrats on reaffirming your stupidity for everyone.

Well, what else can you really refer to us as? Statesians? I mean, we sometimes refer to ourselves by our specific states. Such as "New Yorker" or "Floridian". But there's not much else we could be called, honestly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone the Crow View Post
    When they actually do, they use Americas.
    Only if both Americas are referenced. North and South. North America is referenced as America.