Has the Gold Cap been increased?

There was a post on the Legion alpha forums claiming that gold cap has been increased to over 2 million but has yet to provide any proof. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20742960218#6

I asked WarcraftDevs on twitter if the cap had been increased and had no response.

Has anyone heard anything about an increased gold cap in Legion, and how do you feel about the cap increasing?

Also is there any macro or script that can be run to check the gold cap client side or is it all server side? It would be quite a lot of work to get gold on the alpha as you can't copy characters and you only start with 5k as far as I know.

I think they reverted that change on the same day.

Gold Cap increased in Legion, confirmed.

https://twitter.com/WatcherDev/statu...08407023194112

Wonder by how much though..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceveda View Post
    Gold Cap increased in Legion, confirmed.

https://twitter.com/WatcherDev/statu...08407023194112

Wonder by how much though..
    Holy. With gold sources nerf, and the BMAH massive gold destruction inc

Do you think it's better to get our stuff in the BMAH now, or wait until a deflation ?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post

Do you think it's better to get our stuff in the BMAH now, or wait until a deflation ?
    Get it now while you can still make your gold back

Get it now while garrison spits out gold, can you imagine the prices on mounts/dreadnaught pieces etc once Legion hits?

10+ Year Old Account
    Get it now while garrison spits out gold, can you imagine the prices on mounts/dreadnaught pieces etc once Legion hits?
    Yes but I was thinking, if we just hoard gold now, wait for Legion, and then wait that everyone use insane number of gold on the BMAH, if there's a deflation, maybe we could then have a very high buying power if we do exactly like so

Yes but I was thinking, if we just hoard gold now, wait for Legion, and then wait that everyone use insane number of gold on the BMAH, if there's a deflation, maybe we could then have a very high buying power if we do exactly like so
    Yeah, but for all you know plenty of people could be doing the same thing.. I'd rather get my pieces now tbh :P

can you imagine the prices on mounts/dreadnaught pieces etc once Legion hits?
    Significantly cheaper in the distant future (~8.0) once everyone's WoD gold is gone?
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Significantly cheaper in the distant future (~8.0) once everyone's WoD gold is gone?
    If you're willing to wait that long to find out, by all means

Basically, get stuff now for 953k in BMAH IF YOU CAN MAKE IN TIME, but the thing is most likely you will not, if we're talking about removed mounts, that get capped in 5 seconds.

10 mil cap is the most likely, if you think about it, because first cap was 214,7k something which is exactly 2^32 with some "," and it was because of 32 bit limit, now they work with 64 bit so they can technically increase it to an amount we can barely figure out.

Note that the cap wasn't exactly 1 mil, it was 999.999 99 99, so it's far more likely that they will max out the digits for the next cap, as in 9.999.999 99 99 than for example 5.000.000 00 00.

So I expect removed mounts to go for cap initially, once the 0,1% of the population which can be defined as super rich (people with 50-100 mil gold or even more) got the mounts they want, in my opinion we're gonna end up fighting for around 5 millions for removed\almost unobtainable mounts, and by that I mean world boss mounts, not certainly invincible or other 1% stuff.

Although, pretty obviously, if people now instant cap invincible, it will still go for over 1 mil next exp.