Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Thumbs up I re-rolled on a huge server, and it feels great!

What ho,

Like many others, the game has felt a bit stale to me lately. But then I realized that part of my woes stem from the fact that I've been playing virtually alone on a low-pop server for about two years. The dreary state of the expansion certainly doesn't help with the population numbers. So then I tried re-rolling entirely new characters on one of the big servers the other day, and holy cow. There are people just about everywhere; idling in town, questing in the starting areas, hanging out at various hubs, and so on. It's almost like WoW is... an MMORPG!

What tips an suggestions do you have that could improve the current game while we wait for Legion? Feel free to share them here!

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    What ho,

Like many others, the game has felt a bit stale to me lately. But then I realized that part of my woes stem from the fact that I've been playing virtually alone on a low-pop server for about two years. The dreary state of the expansion certainly doesn't help with the population numbers. So then I tried re-rolling entirely new characters on one of the big servers the other day, and holy cow. There are people just about everywhere; idling in town, questing in the starting areas, hanging out at various hubs, and so on. It's almost like WoW is... an MMORPG!

What tips an suggestions do you have that could improve the current game while we wait for Legion? Feel free to share them here!
    I don't know if this is a troll or not but yeah, big servers are usually packed.
    I guess that's why I never really understood why people complained so much, since that's not the game I play

Bloodsail Admiral Transmigration's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I went from Burning Legion to Bleeding Hollow during MoP. It was so awesome! Now Bleeding Hollow is about as dead as Burning Legion was when I switched

I might just roll a toon on ED and call it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Transmigration View Post
    I went from Burning Legion to Bleeding Hollow during MoP. It was so awesome! Now Bleeding Hollow is about as dead as Burning Legion was when I switched

Bleeding hollow alliance is dead now, but horde is still ok.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    I don't know if this is a troll or not but yeah, big servers are usually packed.
    I guess that's why I never really understood why people complained so much, since that's not the game I play

No, just an unusual injection of positivity on my part.

I am happy that you are feeling great. I'm sure everyone else feels likewise. Congrats on feeling great.

I did the same years ago, to Draenor-EU (horde) and I never understood the whining about everyone being in their garrison. On Draenor all Major cities are packed and you see people out in the world everywhere, even in low level zones. It makes the game a lot better.

Don't know how you were surprised really. Isn't it kinda obvious that low realms have low population and high realms have high population, even if realm has low pop they most likely have cross realm leveling zones so I don't know how changing realm suddenly added more people in the starting areas.

And this is why migrating should be free. I played on low pop. In vanilla my realm was good, but then it died...Migrated in cata, and migrated again some time ago to ravencrest.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    I did the same years ago, to Draenor-EU (horde) and I never understood the whining about everyone being in their garrison. On Draenor all Major cities are packed and you see people out in the world everywhere, even in low level zones. It makes the game a lot better.
    I'm very tempted to do this as I prefer PVE servers and horde, but I have a huge fear that the days after Legion release will be horror, disconnects, queues, you name it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Transmigration View Post

Same here. When i switched from Fenris-US to Turalyon-US, Turalyon was in the top10 for US PVE Alliance during Throne of Thunder, but now Turalyon is below Fenris (which got merged with others) on the population sites, which even if they are only partially right, sucks balls.

I leveled my hunter on Silvermoon EU to 20 today for the achievement, and it was pretty amazing how there were so many people around the low level areas! Can't comment on zones higher than level 20, could be that they all were just doing the level 20 achieve as well.

Wait until Legion lauch for 10+ hours queues

7+ Year Old Account
    I left Area 52 almost 3 years ago to go to a medium pop server (took the free transfers off) and it made the game much more playable. I will never play on a high/full server with extreme faction imbalance again.

That's the right thing to do.

However, if you already have your character and alts leveled up on another realm, it's a absolute pain in the ass to 'relocate', hence why most people just rather stop playing.

Deleted
    At the start of this xpac my guild disbanded, I moved from a low pop server where I'd been for many years to one of the highest (ravencrest, eu). I actually hated it. Too many people without a real sense of community (imo), with so many people I never recognized names as I was running about town, rarely seeing the same person twice.
    On small servers like where I am now you get to learn names of people, start to know which people to go to for gems / mats / crafts etc outside of your own guild. I know the names of every guild on my server that's raiding regularly and have a rough idea of their progress and raid times etc. To me I feel much more at home on a smaller server.

Obviously there are a few servers out there that are completely dead now, with only 1 (or less!) guilds doing any mythic content at all. You can log on and be one of <10 people at max level. I have no doubt that would be a lonely experience. There's a nice balance to be had and personally I prefer the smaller end of the scale.

Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    I left Area 52 almost 3 years ago to go to a medium pop server (took the free transfers off) and it made the game much more playable. I will never play on a high/full server with extreme faction imbalance again.
    Why is this s problem for you? Kinda wondering Its not like 50/50 balance would mean better world pvp anyway.

In an ideal world we ofc had a closer 50/50, but it still wont matter much

I for sure enjoy a big server with a lively AH...migrating to high pop made me earn alot
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Zachary View Post
    I'm very tempted to do this as I prefer PVE servers and horde, but I have a huge fear that the days after Legion release will be horror, disconnects, queues, you name it.
    TBH, only WoD was really bad, but it was the same for everyone. Never had DCs on other launches. Yes, there will be queues the first days, so if you plan to log in after work and play for the evening, you can forget that If you log in early in the morning, it will be much better. It's a small price to pay for a crowded server that's still busy in content droughts like this.

The only thing I don't like about the really busy servers is that trade chat is just a fast-scrolling wall of guild ads, usually spammed twice for extra visibility. At least on the lower pop servers people actually chat.

Quote Originally Posted by Syld View Post
    Wait until Legion lauch for 10+ hours queues
    I dunno, they did just increase server capacity drastically a month or so back.