10+ Year Old Account
    The fact that I got the "bad ending", but I fully understand why and why it makes literary sense makes this a great game

Ciri doubts herself in the bad ending, because she is so used to Geralt always being there for her. I picked those types of "good dad" options. Since she doubted her self, it lead to her still saving the world, but dying in the process. The cut scene that plays as shes in the ice place confirms this. Its her, on her own, with no Geralt to be her support this time...

Only thing that kinda pisses me of is, I picked the options that led to it because I wanted to see some of the cut scenes as I assumed the more lore/content the better.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Only thing that kinda pisses me of is, I picked the options that led to it because I wanted to see some of the cut scenes as I assumed the more lore/content the better.
    That's what happens when you pick choices out of character
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Never played the first 2. This game did a great job of catching me up though. Some stuff was iffy, but overall it didnt hurt my time playing in the slightest.

Got the Ciri = Witcher ending my first time. Knowing it exists now, I don't think I'd have the heart to go a full playthrough to get the "bad" ending. Might try out the third, though.

Never played the first 2. This game did a great job of catching me up though. Some stuff was iffy, but overall it didnt hurt my time playing in the slightest.
    It's inspired me to go back and pick up 2 and play that. Unfortunately, I'm just unable to get through the first game. I've watched enough lore videos though that I have a pretty good grasp of everything that happened in that game.
    "I will say, I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    The game really needed more Geralt training Ciri.

Deleted
    New card deck - Skellige - confirmed@PAX East

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd highly recommend Witcher 2 if you liked Witcher 3. You can tell that it has aged, but the enhanced edition still has pretty darn good graphics!

Personally I got the Ciri = Witcher ending and it was the best ending to a story I could've asked for

Anyone know where you can buy the game for steam for 20euro or less?? it seems like the prices for GOG is less than 20euro but i dont want to Download games on even more platforms. allready have uplay, origin, steam and bnet

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mathezar View Post
    I'd highly recommend Witcher 2 if you liked Witcher 3. You can tell that it has aged, but the enhanced edition still has pretty darn good graphics!

Personally I got the Ciri = Witcher ending and it was the best ending to a story I could've asked for
    i really disliked the combat in W2 and stopped after 5-6 hours but im looking forward to W3, it says it alot better

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mathezar View Post

I might pick it up eventually, but now I know how to get that ending... be less good dad, and more ambivalent/good dad and it would work for me.

Deleted
    I might pick it up eventually, but now I know how to get that ending... be less good dad, and more ambivalent/good dad and it would work for me.
    It's not really being a good / bad dad. As with everything else, the decisions which influence the ending are mostly in a somewhat grey area. Sometimes what may seem as the good thing to do (e.g. go with her to the Lodge and try to support her there) do have a negative influence on the ending. Sometimes, the bad thing to do have a negative influence (e.g. take the money from the emperor - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBDw...utu.be&t=3m32s ... ice cold ).

Generally, two things influence the ending positively. Both are in accordance to their previous history and her character.
    - They were mostly apart, Ciri had to come by without Geralt. Being overprotective when finally meeting her may be the natural thing to do, but smothers her.
    - Ciri seems to take things quite lightly. So uplifting her spirits and being silly is always the better choice than being serious. Examples are the possible snowball fight after Vesemirs funeral, or messing up the elven mage's laboratory.

It's as with everything else in the game. You're just a witcher, you can't do all that much on your own, but somehow you stumble into the center of it and can give things just the little nudge needed to tip the balance.

Deleted

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schalde View Post
    i really disliked the combat in W2 and stopped after 5-6 hours but im looking forward to W3, it says it alot better
    I prefer W2 combat over W3 combat, but I liked boss encounters in W3 better.

Basically, you need to make her believe in herself, and you do that by encouraging her to go with her decisions, to stand up for herself, to not rely on your support, to not hold back when she feels like expressing her anger... Build "alpha-woman" out of her.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsta View Post
    It's not really being a good / bad dad. As with everything else, the decisions which influence the ending are mostly in a somewhat grey area. Sometimes what may seem as the good thing to do (e.g. go with her to the Lodge and try to support her there) do have a negative influence on the ending. Sometimes, the bad thing to do have a negative influence (e.g. take the money from the emperor - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBDw...utu.be&t=3m32s ... ice cold ).
    Feels forced. You did the job, reasons aside, might as well get paid. Ciri is overreacting. Taking or refusing that gold effectively changes nothing. You know he's just taking them to a pub later.

Atleast you get a good horse for being, i don't know the word to look for here besides foolish.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't really agree with you on that to get a good ending, you have to be less of a good dad. I honestly feel like doing the snowball fight, not accepting payment from the Emperor, letting Ciri talk to the sorceresses alone (I actually went with her on my playthru), letting her blow off steam by throwing shit around A'valloch's lab and agreeing to go with her to honor Skjall are all you being a good father, IMO. The snowball fight, is kind of a no brainer to me. It takes her mind off of things, is a bit of fun and kind of reminds her of being a kid. It's better than telling her 'you don't have to be good at everything.' Not accepting payment from Emperor, I think, is a pretty big one along with letting Ciri talk with the sorceresses alone. With the Emperor, you didn't track Ciri down for money, you did it because you love Ciri. Also the Emperor can go fuck himself. The sorceresses is a confidence booster, it let's Ciri stand on her own and not have to basically always lean on you (geralt) for everything. Going to honor Skjall is, like the snowball fight, an obvious choice. Boy risked his life for her. He deserved to be honoured, and iirc it helps you clear his name. Trashing the lab is a bit juvenile but A'valloch is an ass and he can deal with it. Also fuck him. So all in all, I think all the choices to get a good ending are you being a good dad. The ones that lead to the bad ending, you're not being a horrible dad just not perhaps the best dad.
    Last edited by Kaelwryn; 2016-04-24 at 02:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    I don't really agree with you on that to get a good ending, you have to be less of a good dad. I honestly feel like doing the snowball fight, not accepting payment from the Emperor, letting Ciri talk to the sorceresses alone (I actually went with her on my playthru), letting her blow off steam by throwing shit around A'valloch's lab and agreeing to go with her to honor Skjall are all you being a good father, IMO. The snowball fight, is kind of a no brainer to me. It takes her mind off of things, is a bit of fun and kind of reminds her of being a kid. It's better than telling her 'you don't have to be good at everything.' Not accepting payment from Emperor, I think, is a pretty big one along with letting Ciri talk with the sorceresses alone. With the Emperor, you didn't track Ciri down for money, you did it because you love Ciri. Also the Emperor can go fuck himself. The sorceresses is a confidence booster, it let's Ciri stand on her own and not have to basically always lean on you (geralt) for everything. Going to honor Skjall is, like the snowball fight, an obvious choice. Boy risked his life for her. He deserved to be honoured, and iirc it helps you clear his name. Trashing the lab is a bit juvenile but A'valloch is an ass and he can deal with it. Also fuck him. So all in all, I think all the choices to get a good ending are you being a good dad. The ones that lead to the bad ending, you're not being a horrible dad just not perhaps the best dad.
    Agreed. I got the "good" ending, as far as I could tell, and I did it through actions that seemed like being a good father figure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    So is the new dlc going to add that big new map I recall them talking about a while back?
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    So is the new dlc going to add that big new map I recall them talking about a while back?
    Yes, there is a new map. Devs have said it will be even bigger than Novigrad/Velen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by egeus8 View Post
    Yes, there is a new map. Devs have said it will be even bigger than Novigrad/Velen.
    Sounds insane... Looks like time to start replaying the series soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

There is a rumour we might see stand alone GWINT game

http://gramynawynos.pl/news.asp?ID=97687 ///polish version, just click google translate

10+ Year Old Account
    According to one team member who spoke with iDigitalTimes at PAX East 2016, enthusiasm for the project is making it easy to say goodbye to The Witcher franchise and it's hero, Geralt, who will see his final adventure in the release of the upcoming Blood And Wine DLC.
    Source

Wait, so only two dlc's for Witcher 3? Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine?
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.