Poll: Do you want to keep the PvP Vendors, or fire them for the Strongbox system?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Question PvP Vendors in Legion - fire or rehire?

Hello fellow PvP'ers,

so as i was reading the blue posts on the front page, i couldn't help but notice a particular comment addressing how and where we will receive our PvP gear in Legion.
    Apparently it will ALL magically drop into our inventory by doing BG's, Skirmishes, rated BG's & Arenas, which at a first glance you might go "meh, less running to the vendors, instant loot drop in my inventory..why not". After all it already works in a similar way now.

But here's the thing:

While it may seem more comfortable to just have the loot drop into your bags with the appropriate stats for what content you are participating in, it actually removes another social aspect of the game. Maybe it's just a small issue overall, but in my opinion, the PvP Vendors purpose was higher than just selling you the gear. They also gathered all the people interested in PvP into one specific place, which alone already makes you feel more part of a group that does stuff together, and that there's other people like you around.

But not only that, in WoTLK, MoP and now WoD you could also duel at the same place where you bought the gear from, and even find arena/bg partners because well, that's the place where everyone meets up to do PvP related stuff!
    I get that it may be easier to just go "le poof, here's your gear with the exact stats for your specific rating, gl & hf", but i'm afraid that WoW will lose another social place of the game for no good reason. Yes, there is still Elwynn Forest and Durotar, but in total you'll see more PvP'ers around if you keep both the vendor and the dueling places.

So i'm wondering, would you prefer to lose that aspect of community gathering around the vendors for the sake of more efficient gear acquisition, or would you rather have to travel to a specific spot to then pick out the appropriate gear for your rating like it is now, and keep the extra gathering of PvP'ers?

I'm not a fan of anything that adds more rng.

Yeah, in something as gear-dependant as PvP - yeah, yeah, they claim it won't matter so much but they've been saying that since TBC - the RNG is bad. What if I'm playing a Frost DK and want to stack as much Mastery as possible? Getting that +Crit shoulder three weeks in a row is going to drive me up the wall. Not to mention sometimes if I have excessive Conquest I just want to buy the piece of gear that matches the transmog of my class set.

Drive up the cost of PvP gear from vendors if they must and make Strongboxes the most 'reliable' option, but it should still be available to purchase if needs be. I'm sure some PvE'ers will now jump in and tell me "b-b-but why don't you just let us buy PvE that way huh?!" but the PvP system wasn't broken.
    Last edited by Bigby; 2016-04-21 at 05:36 PM.

I'm a little confused by this. Does it mean you can go straight into pvp with standard raid gear now? with no repercussions?

10+ Year Old Account
    Why not both? Keep vendors for those who rank high in PvP rating and since there will be no stat PvP gear, might as well put in cosmetic PvP drops via strongboxes.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by addlurch View Post
    I'm a little confused by this. Does it mean you can go straight into pvp with standard raid gear now? with no repercussions?
    everyone has a pre-determined stat-sheet which only slightly increases with gear 10ilvl = 1% more
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by addlurch View Post
    Correct. In fact, youll likely be ahead of the people who only PvP.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bigby View Post
    Yeah, in something as gear-dependant as PvP - yeah, yeah, they claim it won't matter so much but they've been saying that since TBC - the RNG is bad. What if I'm playing a Frost DK and want to stack as much Mastery as possible? Getting that +Crit shoulder three weeks in a row is going to drive me up the wall. Not to mention sometimes if I have excessive Conquest I just want to buy the piece of gear that matches the transmog of my class set.

Drive up the cost of PvP gear from vendors if they must and make Strongboxes the most 'reliable' option, but it should still be available to purchase if needs be. I'm sure some PvE'ers will now jump in and tell me "b-b-but why don't you just let us buy PvE that way huh?!" but the PvP system wasn't broken.
    I take it you've followed precisely none of the PvP info.

You dont stack stats in PvP, in all "relevant" PvP (which does not include World PvP) your stats are determined automatically by a template. Your gear adds only a percentage to your template based on iLevel.

Thats it.

The PvP gear datamined from the Alpha doesnt even have secondary stats on it. its basically just a lump to determine your iLevel, that's all.

I don't see how this RNG box system is going to work as it will make casual players simply give up on PVP all together and go do heroic dungeons instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    You dont stack stats in PvP, in all "relevant" PvP (which does not include World PvP) your stats are determined automatically by a template. Your gear adds only a percentage to your template based on iLevel.

Thats it.

The PvP gear datamined from the Alpha doesnt even have secondary stats on it. its basically just a lump to determine your iLevel, that's all.
    That's true, but that was just a wrong example.

With gear coming from boxes, you will have duplicate gear pieces. Someone is bound to have 50% duplicates. And no, someone else "getting lucky" (which really means simply being able to not waste rewards in a stupid way, which we could do for years now) and having no duplicates does not compensate for that. It's just unfair and frustrating. Why the heck do this? What for???? The "fun" of the guy who got luckier - or should we say less unlucky???? It's just stupid.

Remove boxes, bring back vendors.

Even more importantly, stop dropping better gear at higher ratings and restore ilvl cap to stop PVE gear from dominating in PVP. But perhaps that's a different topic.
    Last edited by rda; 2016-04-22 at 04:04 PM.

This is bullsh*t!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mishkara View Post
    Hello fellow PvP'ers,

so as i was reading the blue posts on the front page, i couldn't help but notice a particular comment addressing how and where we will receive our PvP gear in Legion.
    Apparently it will ALL magically drop into our inventory by doing BG's, Skirmishes, rated BG's & Arenas, which at a first glance you might go "meh, less running to the vendors, instant loot drop in my inventory..why not". After all it already works in a similar way now.

But here's the thing:

While it may seem more comfortable to just have the loot drop into your bags with the appropriate stats for what content you are participating in, it actually removes another social aspect of the game. Maybe it's just a small issue overall, but in my opinion, the PvP Vendors purpose was higher than just selling you the gear. They also gathered all the people interested in PvP into one specific place, which alone already makes you feel more part of a group that does stuff together, and that there's other people like you around.

But not only that, in WoTLK, MoP and now WoD you could also duel at the same place where you bought the gear from, and even find arena/bg partners because well, that's the place where everyone meets up to do PvP related stuff!
    I get that it may be easier to just go "le poof, here's your gear with the exact stats for your specific rating, gl & hf", but i'm afraid that WoW will lose another social place of the game for no good reason. Yes, there is still Elwynn Forest and Durotar, but in total you'll see more PvP'ers around if you keep both the vendor and the dueling places.

So i'm wondering, would you prefer to lose that aspect of community gathering around the vendors for the sake of more efficient gear acquisition, or would you rather have to travel to a specific spot to then pick out the appropriate gear for your rating like it is now, and keep the extra gathering of PvP'ers?

Very good point actually they should make pvp gear vendor place more interesting so pvpers can flock there something like Dalaran underbelly in WOTLK, not take away the only place where pvpers gather. Also gear from strongbox will be rng based. They stated in blue post only from first 2-3 win of the week gear will drop so getting full geared will take a very long time. Also lets say when you started playing in the beginning of the week you had 1700 rating but at the end of the week you are at 2100 rating then you wont get better gear till next week?

If they make it so that strong box will be the only way to earn gear in pvp then they will be breaking a system that is working perfectly fine.
    Last edited by mmoc2ee9170beb; 2016-04-22 at 10:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    All the Legion's gearing system is horrible.

The idea "best stats at higher rating" is the most horrible here. It was FINE when the game was WAY more balanced back in Wrath, but today it's a total disaster.

Take RBGs, for example. Out of 11 (soon 12) classes only like 6 or 7 have an access to decent level RBGs. Few specs, like my mainspec Ret, don't have even that - we are unwanted even on low MMRs RBG-wise. That means that some FOTM scrub casters and boomies will get EZ mode superior gear while I won't be even able to set my foot on it, and roflstomp me in arena / open world, cause RBG grants WAY more gear than 2s / 3s.

Same with specs / combs which are bad in Arena.

At least nowadays I can get PvP gear in Ashran and get CPs even if my spec sucks in rated PVP, or playing randoms / capping 2s / through skirmish events. In Legion, I will not be able to compete with already OP specs and classes even remotely because they will get more stats.

It gives FOTMs even more power and advantage over non-FOTMs. Do FOTMs need even more advantage??? Really? People should get higher ratings because they play better and not because of the spec they play and the more stats they have. You're basically handling superior gear here to RMP (always OP) classes, affli locks and rdruids here. These will be OP in Legion just as they have always been OP in arenas and rbgs, I have no doubt about that.

Off with this horrendous and totally stupid idea. Keep CP and PvP gear as it is.
    Last edited by Ermelloth; 2016-04-23 at 06:55 PM.

Yet another change that does nothing but screw over people who only enjoy PvP.

I really want to take my tin-foil hat off but it's like these changes are turning it into a vice grip.

They are bringing back -

1. Elite gears
    2. RNG gearing
    3. Imbalance in WPVP based on your gear

None of which I approve.

But I will be worried about pruning even more, Legion pvp will be like the most boring pvp ever in wow at current alpha state

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ermelloth View Post

The idea "best stats at higher rating" is the most horrible here. It was FINE when the game was WAY more balanced back in Wrath, but today it's a total disaster.

Take RBGs, for example. Out of 11 (soon 12) classes only like 6 or 7 have an access to decent level RBGs. Few specs, like my mainspec Ret, don't have even that - we are unwanted even on low MMRs RBG-wise. That means that some FOTM scrub casters and boomies will get EZ mode superior gear while I won't be even able to set my foot on it, and roflstomp me in arena / open world, cause RBG grants WAY more gear than 2s / 3s.

At least nowadays I can get PvP gear in Ashran and get CPs even if my spec sucks in rated PVP, or playing randoms / capping 2s / through skirmish events. In Legion, I will not be able to compete with already OP specs and classes even remotely because they will get more stats.

It gives FOTMs even more power and advantage over non-FOTMs. Do FOTMs need even more advantage??? Really? People should get higher ratings because they play better and not because of the spec they play and the more stats they have. You're basically handling superior gear here to RMP (always OP) classes, affli locks and rdruids here. These will be OP in Legion just as they have always been OP in arenas and rbgs, I have no doubt about that.

Off with this horrendous and totally stupid idea. Keep CP and PvP gear as it is.
    But... you can kill dragons for pvp! Are you not thankful?
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

10+ Year Old Account
    But... you can kill dragons for pvp! Are you not thankful?
    I'm not a PvE player at all, but I like playing main spec, not FOTMs.

Also, rewarding PvP gear / stats for killing dragons sounds even more nonsense. The current system is fine, why are they trying to re-invent a bicycle (russian proverb)?

This gearing style basically promotes FOTMs.

At least RBG rewards should not yield extra stats. Unless this time Blizzard balances classes / specs a lot better the way more can enjoy RBGs on fair level (which I seriously doubt will happen).

The new system is not the right way to use RNG in a game.

Keep the vendors. I am not a fan of rng, I rather like to "grind" my way and enjoy the ride of being 100% sure that one day I will get the items I want.

Quote Originally Posted by Ermelloth View Post

Well it was obviously sarcasm (but true).

To be honest the gear gap will not matter that much, if the gap is like what Blizzard propose. You will gear up primarily for WPVP (Where it will be of primary importance)
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

10+ Year Old Account
    You will gear up primarily for WPVP (Where it will be of primary importance)
    That is my primary concern here, for I am a devoted World PvP'er.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can anyone with beta access please keep posting all the bad features with this system in the legion thread here? http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20743054830
    Because between all the trash feedback given by the dragonslayers, they will eventually find the excuse to keep it.