Poll: Blizzard continues with Shorter Expansions

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    RUSHING? You call 5 months too late and 13 months of no new content rushing? Wtf?
    U know the trick about rushing? It usually ends up taking longer when u rush. Their goal is 1 year expansion, which equals less planned content for that year, instead of the expansion is done when it's done. Each expansion should last as long as it takes to get the story out.

Look at swtor, they rushed the game out to hit a deadline, game failed miserably

I don't give a shit if its short frequent expansions or long ones all I give a shit about is that there aren't these insane content droughts with less and less content per xpac.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

MoP model >>>>>>>>> all. They could even take a bit longer between patches than MoP's, that way the gap between SoO and WoD wouldn't have seemed as long.

I don't care about expansion length, if they can make last tier last less then 8-9 months they can go with whatever model they like more.

7+ Year Old Account
    Imo they should go back to MoP scheme:
    X.1 - smaller story patch
    X.2 - raid patch 1
    X.3 - story patch
    X.4 - raid patch 2

asking for more money and then delivering less content than before is a terrible business strategy in the long run so hopefully they've learned their lesson.

I just want it to be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Nfinitii View Post
    U know the trick about rushing? It usually ends up taking longer when u rush. Their goal is 1 year expansion, which equals less planned content for that year, instead of the expansion is done when it's done. Each expansion should last as long as it takes to get the story out.

Look at swtor, they rushed the game out to hit a deadline, game failed miserably
    WoD release date was pushed back to ensure quality.
    Vanilla release was rushed to release it on time and large parts of BC content was meant to be Vanilla content.
    Pandaria was rushed to make sure all can play Beta with their Annual pass.

So I really don't see a how you believe that the quality is directly linked to the time. Sometimes a tight release schedule makes people work much more intense and better on a project. The opposite of time=quality was Duke Nukem 4ever.
    Last edited by Kryos; 2016-04-19 at 05:06 PM.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

I don't really want shorter expansions. I would prefer expansions with depth, good stories, fun game play, and NOT massive content droughts. Stop front-loading expansions only to leave us with a year or more of nothing. PLAN, and spread out patches.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well considering that they reduced the amount of content in WoD in order to release Legion faster and failed hard... I want more content per expansion set since it doesn't seem to affect expansion development speed. We have to wait longer than Wotlk -> Cata now
    10700K, 32GB 3200Mhz, RTX 3080 Ti

What a joke of a thread. As if anyone who isn't trolling would want a repeat of WoD the "short" expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by DUDE LEGION LMAO View Post
    What a joke of a thread. As if anyone who isn't trolling would want a repeat of WoD the "short" expansion.
    Some people will want shorter expansions, maybe because they like to do the leveling quest or story.. just saying

Deleted
    The only thing i expect from legion in terms of length is that blizzard finally realize not to do 2x 3month patches and 1x 12+ month patch. If that happens again they dont deserve my sub

To me, WoD was a disaster in terms of PvE content. Yes it was faster, but only 2 major patches, and then we're stuck on one patch for over a year ? It just feels wrong.

I'd rather have a longer expansion with at least 3 better paced major patches. I just don't want an expansion that feels rushed and botched.

I don't mind them having an xpac take 2-3 years to complete. But in this case I want them to support the expansion for that span of time. Vanilla was pretty much supported from start to finish. BC was a longer stretch but mostly okay as there was always something to do.

I also don't mind them putting out a xpac once a year if they support it up to the release of the next xpac. I am absolutely fine with either direction. But where they have been for years now is this game has a sweet spot of first third of the xpac is enjoyable and updated. Then the latter part is keeping the lights on and little more. They put so much focus on whats next and don't care about live after their arbitrary last tier.

They should have a little more foresight to plan out and extra tier, spread out the early tiers further then they are now. End result: effective death or massive reduction of content drought. Not much more effort put in than would have been otherwise, just shifting priorities and release times.

Deleted
    MoP model with 1-1½ month longer 1st and 2nd tier and 2-3 months shorter last tier would be perfect for me.