Page 80 of 93 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Wow. I did not expect to wake up to that. Since no one has counterclaimed I'm willing to accept Ret's claim. However I hate to break it to you. I didn't file the appeal. I'm not sure why you're convinced I did. You asked for my opinion on things and I gave them as well as some theories that could explain the day/night appeal. Given your explanation of how it works and reading my thoughts I think the only thing I got right on it is that it is still a weak power for anyone to have.

I agree that if there is nothing to tell you an appeal is limited to day, then Graeham jumps up the list of scum. I also think that Kurenai is scum. His one post this phase didn't answer any questions that were put out there. I would be ok with either lynch at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Robozerim View Post
    I'm not saying those two aren't town, but we've had a couple of mafians claim characters from the show without being counterclaimed. Either they got lucky with picking names off the cast list, or they have some fake claims handy.
    Just to make sure I didn't not-reply to this, I do have varying concerns on that front, as well. See previous post about Millicent being evidence one way and Toby being evidence for the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Reticence View Post
    I have no problem with that. We can also have Catta try to get Graeham onto his show and see what happens.
    @Dendrek: I still stand by this, but I will also reiterate that I'm not as confident about Kryllian filing the appeal as I am about Graeham lying.

@Dendrek

I said I found myself leaning towards believing Uggor's claim, not that I particularly found him towny. That I was already on Dupti simply meant I had no reason to move my vote off; I'd found Dupti scummy well before that. Call it confirmation bias if you want.

In light of Reti's revelations, I'd be very interested in a Kryllian lynch. Obviously I'm not voting myself. I would be okay with a Graeham lynch as well, though before I vote either way I'd like to hear from Kryllian. We don't have a whole lot of time left, though.

Kousoku of The Blueberry Brigade @ Uther | Mafia Record: T: 3/6 M: 4/5 SK: 0/1

• Uggor claimed Toby Ziegler, one of the main characters. This is the one that concerns me, because an uncountered Toby is the closest thing to evidence of fake-claims that we've had this game.
    With most of the TPRs already outed, it was much easier for Uggor to come up with a claim without fear of being contested. He could have only had a few more (1 or 2 maybe) to worry about. And we already knew Bartlet would be one claim we'd see. At the point of Uggor's claim, it probably wasn't realistic to expect anyone but Bartlet and the First Lady to be claimed. Therefore, I don't see Uggor's claim being much of a gamble, nor proof of fake claims.

Aaand I see Kryllian posted while I was writing. Yay refresh.

Stay tuned, please.
    Alright, got the go-ahead. Here we go:

I was not told up front what my presidential pardon would do; it was described as something that would be triggered later. As such, after receiving Graeham's appeal I asked if I could assume anything about the number/alignments on the Appeals Committee, since this was the first I was even aware of the Committee, or if I was flying blind beyond what was in the appeal.

I honestly didn't even expect to get an answer, but I was told that it (the appeal) could have been anonymous. I took that to mean two things: 1) Graeham's appeal could have been anonymous, per the juxtaposition of when the question was asked and answered, and 2) I assume that all appeals can be anonymous, or I wouldn't have received an answer in the first place due to it being information on a specific player.

Quote Originally Posted by KurenaiXIII View Post
    I'd like to know why the people voting me are adamant I'm scum.

I know Catta is hinging his vote on what I said about Uggor before his flip.
    Thats not the only reason. I've had you on my show. So I'd like a character claim from you.

Kurenai, you may as well claim. There's literally no reason not to.

- - - Updated - - -

Kryllian, consider yourself in the danger zone. You should claim as well.

- - - Updated - - -

(Unless you have already claimed and I missed it.)

As for Graeham's submitted text, he didn't actually give anything of value. He just said that people were looking at the wrong guy, and that he shouldn't be lynched, for great justice, etc., with the ceremony one would expect from Graeham.

As for Graeham's submitted text, he didn't actually give anything of value. He just said that people were looking at the wrong guy, and that he shouldn't be lynched, for great justice, etc., with the ceremony one would expect from Graeham.
    This. This right here is what I wanted to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    I'd say that's more applicable to you at this point. If I end up dead tonight then hopefully people will finally lynch Dupti. Thanks for outing another TPR though. I guess having one TPR strongly imply that Dupti is scum wasn't enough, eh?

@Cruelle: I'd like to appeal against Val's lynch.
    Where did it come from?

Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek View Post
    Where did it come from?
    I'm not sure I follow. Where did what come from?

I'm not sure I follow. Where did what come from?
    Graeham's explanation on why Val shouldn't be lynched. Graeham appealed in the game thread. No explanation for why he was making the appeal appeared with the appeal. Where was that explanation submitted?

Graeham's explanation on why Val shouldn't be lynched. Graeham appealed in the game thread. No explanation for why he was making the appeal appeared with the appeal. Where was that explanation submitted?
    It came in the appeal itself alongside the TPR commentary, which arrived after Cruelle replied to him in the day-thread but before I asked my question.

I assume he submitted that via his QT.

It came in the appeal itself alongside the TPR commentary, which arrived after Cruelle replied to him in the day-thread but before I asked my question.

I assume he submitted that via his QT.
    My point was not to counter you but to see if you had solid proof that counters Graeham. If he could submit the reason in his QT, there is no reason he could't submit the appeal in his QT. That means I'm in agreement with you: Graeham lied.

@Graeham, explanation. Now. Please.

My point was not to counter you but to see if you had solid proof that counters Graeham. If he could submit the reason in his QT, there is no reason he could't submit the appeal in his QT. That means I'm in agreement with you: Graeham lied.
    Yup, I figured as much. Just took me a second to figure out what you were asking for.

Those notifications are kind of annoying. (I like them for their ability to elicit someone's attention, but when I have 8 of them, all referring to posts I've already read, it gets a little annoying...)

7+ Year Old Account

Kryllian, consider yourself in the danger zone. You should claim as well.

- - - Updated - - -

(Unless you have already claimed and I missed it.)
    I'm Christine Christie - VT (Play on Chris Christie)

I've been playing this game more aggressively since I have a little more confidence in how it works. I was also hoping that with my aggressive attacks on Uggor they would NK me and i could soak a kill but instead people kept reading it as scum.

I agree. The quote ones make it much easier to make sure I'm responding to people asking me questions, but I've since given up on making sure the damn thing is cleaned out.

I also have to be careful with the mentions. I was in the habit of using "atPlayer" in my more monolithic posts, already, to avoid having tons of quotes. Suddenly they have this additional functionality, and I also have to spell out Robozerim and find the numbers at the end of Listo / Senna / Celtic's handles so that I can mention them properly.

- - - Updated - - -

@Dendrek: Kryllian's claim strikes me as very believable, yet easily-made-up. I'm not sure what I want to do with it.

I do have another player that I think could have filed the appeal, but that starts treading into witch-hunt-turned-mass-claim territory. I'm also aware that half of my suspicion on Kryllian stems from his responses to questions about appeals, and the other half is me attempting to deduce who sent the appeal based upon its contents (like how I attribute the second TPR input to Arlee), and that neither of those are exact sciences.

Unrelated, but do you plan to post who you think may be on each team, given the new information? Or was that part of what you planned to sit on for a bit?

Reticence is lying, then. Or there's something else at play such as somebody else influencing an appeal before it goes through to Ret. That was something that Virothe's role hinted at, no? Though I have no way of proving it other than requesting to be lynched today rather than tomorrow or any other day when the stakes are even higher. My guess is that President Bartlett is either on a scum team himself or he's third party. He could very well be a serial killer of some sort - though that's only speculation.

Bear in mind that Reticence had multiple opportunities to point out that I was lying if he truly believed that. He could have done so around the same time that Val was lynched. Or he could have done it towards the start of the day phase as it would count as critical information. Instead he saw fit to leave it until we had less then ten hours left - which doesn't exactly give me much time to defend myself properly especially with various players boasting different time zones.

Unfortunately there isn't really going to be any hard evidence presented from either of us today as this is literally a case of 'X said this, Y said that'.

@Catta You have? Okay. I guess there really isn't a reason not to claim at this point.

My character name is Colin Rice (obviously a portmanteau of Colin Powell and Condoleeza Rice) and, in this apparently power-filled game, I, ilke, Valyrian before me, am just a VT.