Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I've seen people recommend Noxxic, so they don't know any better.

imo noxxic is for new and or casual players, it's much more simplistic, it tell you how to perform well, and that's it
    while icy veins is for more hardcore players, it's can really overburden new players... since it only offers you 100% performance dps rotations etc, even if you just want to play for fun and 95% performance is perfectly fine for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokas View Post
    it tell you how to perform well, and that's it
    I doesnt tell you that.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Can somebody tell me something from noxxic that is downright wrong? I've looked a couple of times for classes I know and theres nothing I thought was too terrible there.

To the tryhard going on about "stat weights are dynamic and there are no fixed values". Yea, sometimes true, but when you're clueless on a spec having a website saying "lol sim ur char nub" is pointless.

Actually, scrap that. Just went to check shadow priest. Theres a lot of bad stuff in there.
    Just had a look at their destro warlock guide, and this is a direct quote:

"Mastery is particularly valuable in fights with multiple targets due to the extra Burning Embers created by Rain of Fire."

Which is wrong, since Rain of Fire hasn't given burning embers since... since... I don't even remember

I don't think I've ever used Noxxic myself.

I would recommend someone new to destro warlock to read the guide here, for instance. Yes, it's longer, but it also provides more depth to learn your class. I know that when I try out a new class, I would like to know as much as possible, like "why is this talent better than this", which Noxxic doesn't seem to explain.

Never simmed my character though Tried Simcraft but it wouldn't work. Although then we're moving from gameplay and into the world of numbers, which I find as interesting and fun as having hemorrhoids. The art of "simming" and "looking at parses" are two reasons I'm not into hardcore raiding, but that's another story

15+ Year Old Account
    Wtf is Noxxic?

Quote Originally Posted by Bethrezen View Post
    Wtf is Noxxic?
    Is your Google broken?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurgath View Post
    What is that?
    It's a guy who whines for hours upon hours how terrible wow is, and spreads a lot of misinformation about things to make it seem worse/better than it actually is to get money.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    I doesnt tell you that.
    it does, don't mistake mythic difficulty for normal heroic - you do not need to use correct spec, you do not need to have 100% correct rotation...

Deleted
    it does, don't mistake mythic difficulty for normal heroic - you do not need to use correct spec, you do not need to have 100% correct rotation...
    If you have problems with normal its the same thing as mythic raiders having problems with mythic. You still want to do the best youc an so you can progress.

If you stroll through normal in shitty specs you want to move on to hc soon.

No matter what you want to do the best you can. otherwise what the fuck are you even doing looking up a proper rotation

You cant possibly be serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    I know I never use it. But alot of people do, and I don't understand why :P
    Thottbot 4 life

loljk

15+ Year Old Account
    Same reason why people watch Fox for political news...they're morons and should know better.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rougle View Post
    To be honest. Icyveins is terrible aswell..

Not nearly Noxxic levels of terrible.

But still. very very bad.
    Icy Veins can get you started on a class/spec you never played before and you will do decent, if not good. Noxxic shouldn't exist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    Thottbot 4 life

loljk
    lol. someone had to say it

OT:
    We're on a platform that houses a community of WoW nerds.. in a sense we're all hardcore in one aspect or another.
    Many people in that demographic do not grasp the concept of simplicity being key to the vast amount of the consumer group.
    (That isn't limited to our game, but applies to everything)
    With that said, a game that requires more or less intense study of the game's handling is essentially doomed to fail, to fail even hard. In a sense that can be observed with WoW's decline of subs. While there are certainly many reasons for that decline, but it's overwhelming nature (for a total newbie) is a huge drawback too.
    And from that angle seen, Noxxic is very effective.
    It is simple, it is helpful enough if one doesn't have a need for min/max of output. And if someone caught on and becomes used to the game, they'll eventually switch to other, more in depth sources for advice.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

I knew it existed but I have never used it.

What I didn't know is it was this hated.. like some of you would be beheading anyone using it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    I decided to read the Noxxic Arms Warrior guide and set it to "BIS" gear which is the only option above ilvl720, apparently it adjusts the guide to your gear.. Sounds promising but lets see what we find when we read it.

It ranks Haste above Crit and states that Haste increases how fast dots/hots tick, which is a failure because that is not true for Arms, rend dot ticks are static and do not scale with haste. It also states that you should run out and charge the target for rage, something that has not even worked since the WOD beta, you don't get rage from charging the same target twice in a row.

What we have here is a mix of information from the WOD Beta, from Highmaul times, from Blackrock Foundry times and from Hellfire Citadel.. All thrown together into a guide that is ultimately useless for all of those periods of the game.. I didn't think Noxxic was still used, but for sure this guide is hopeless and I'd hope nobody is going there to learn the basics of their class.

Icy Veins isn't perfect either, but generally a lot better than this.

Why would someone want a quick easy reference to wrong/bad information? When you want to reference something you want the right answer, otherwise it's completely pointless to do so.
    Because it is not that bad for players who are not minmaxing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    I just checked the shadow priest one. The stat prio is flat out wrong. It shows haste as the least valuable where actually its first or second depending on your current haste levels.

It has power infusion as the go to talent which no-one uses. It also has divine star as a talent. No one takes that. Ever.

So thats 3 pretty big oversights just by looking at the stat weights and talent choices.
    That...+ i just checked frost mage now...gem for crit? Oo

10+ Year Old Account
    Same reason people use mobafire guides on league of legends. It's quick, simple, and the first thing that pops up in google.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ElDoorO View Post
    I keep hearing that Icyveins is better but when I tweeted at Noxxic they've been able to justify their choices so far.

Icyveins, however, offers more in depth explanations.

For instance a new raider that's popping their Normal Mode cherry I'd suggest Noxxic over Icyveins so as to not overwhelm them. Or even AMR over IV.

Now once they want to progress to Heroic or even show an interest in getting better -- I'd point them to IV
    So you'd send them to a site that will teach them the wrong way to play their class?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Icy Veins can get you started on a class/spec you never played before and you will do decent, if not good. Noxxic shouldn't exist.
    I can agree with that. I just heavily dislike it for being absolute horseshit when reforging was a thing.

But sure, in general, they are fine. Optimizing though, I'd go for forums for specific classes.

Rip EJ