Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

[SPOILER-ish] Isn't Legions plan... flawed?

So, basically, we killed 3 Old Gods, and, we are most likely going to kill N'zoth in Legion, and that way we'll cure Azeroth of all Old Gods. If we are doing just that, then why would the Legion want to destroy us? They only go for Old God infected planets, and, we'll basically cure the planet from the corruption.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    They see us as part of corruption. Problem solved.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Better safe than sorry is their modus operandi
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

sargeras plan at the moment is to kill literally everything so there is 0% chance of a void lord manifesting in our realm

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IgnisVenom View Post
    So, basically, we killed 3 Old Gods, and, we are most likely going to kill N'zoth in Legion, and that way we'll cure Azeroth of all Old Gods. If we are doing just that, then why would the Legion want to destroy us? They only go for Old God infected planets, and, we'll basically cure the planet from the corruption.
    No, they are going after all planets, because sargeras doesn't want to take any chances. He thinks that 1 a desert universe is better than a corrupted one and 2 if life took root on the universe once, it can do it again after they purge the corruption.

We haven't killed Cthun nor Yogg-Saron.
    Epics for show, Greens for the pro

As far as I understand it, Sargeras sees the whole universe in constant danger to be corrupted by the old gods and finally turned into the void, a fate worse than dead. That right now a not yet awakened titan is in danger of being corrupted adds a whole new level to the danger, but he would kill us no matter what.

Then there is the potential danger even an uncorrupted titan poses for him....

As per Warcraft Chronicles, as long as any world-soul exists, especially Azeroth, the Void Lords have a chance at total control of the universe if they manage to corrupt it. The solution of Sargeras is to destroy everything. EVERYTHING. It doesn't matter what it is or what it does - the sole purpose is utter destruction, so everything can be made anew. Except the latter is just an idea that the Burning Legion's demons won't be able to help with when Sargeras is over.

Quote Originally Posted by flepser View Post
    We did, accoridng to Blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by Amirila View Post
    Yep. It's what helped bring about the Cataclysm.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    We killed them both dead
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

yes we have.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azahel View Post
    No, they are going after all planets, because sargeras doesn't want to take any chances. He thinks that 1 a desert universe is better than a corrupted one and 2 if life took root on the universe once, it can do it again after they purge the corruption.
    well, he wants to rebuild the universe afterwards though, and i assume he wants to just make sure that every planet is watched instead of the chaos in the current universe where you can't check up on all planets.

Hm, I'm sure I'm wrong on this one but can someone just screenshot the part where it's said that he wants to destroy the entire universe and not just the corrupted planets? Other than that, thanks for the answers.

Deleted
    Where did you get that idea from? They go for all planets, no matter what. They're just dicks.

- - - Updated - - -

Hm, I'm sure I'm wrong on this one but can someone just screenshot the part where it's said that he wants to destroy the entire universe and not just the corrupted planets? Other than that, thanks for the answers.
    The burden of evidence is on you...

I have the physical book so screenshopts doesn't look good but:

"Only by burning away all of creation could the titans stand a chance of thwarting the void lords' ultimate goal. In Sargeras's mind, even a lifeless universe was better than one dominated by the Void." p.24

7+ Year Old Account
    we have.

OT: sargeras thinks the world soul is already corrupted, + he wants to recreate the universe without "the flaw" aka void lords.
    he gotta destroy the current one for that.

Formerly known as Arafal

Oh, that's new to me. Thought we couldn't kill them without killing Azeroth. Time to get Chronicles then?
    Epics for show, Greens for the pro

7+ Year Old Account
    didn't we only killed their Physical bodies but they can still "exist"
    remember that Yogg opened a gate way for all Old gods into Emerald Dream
    so I think all old gods "expect Yashaarj" can be alive within the Emerald Nightmare !?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

I have the physical book so screenshopts doesn't look good but:

"Only by burning away all of creation could the titans stand a chance of thwarting the void lords' ultimate goal. In Sargeras's mind, even a lifeless universe was better than one dominated by the Void." p.24
    Thanks mate.