Lets just hope they continue to do it with more taste than transformers age of extinction. The china market plug levels in that film were legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Pretty solid article here on why they took the route they did with The Ancient One: http://movieweb.com/doctor-strange-m...e-not-chinese/

I can see his point tbh, so while I may not hugely like the route they took, I can 100% understand and sympathise with their choice.
    Money...of course that's the reason.
    *sigh*
    The Ancient One is originally from Tibet and according to your article they didn't want to alienate the Chinese market, since even the idea of Tibet's existence is taboo...

oy...I should wonder how they'll feel about Shang Chi since he's on the radar so to speak. (Distantly, but he's there)

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't get why people down on Last Stand and Wolverine origins. I liked all the Xmen movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    I don't get why people down on Last Stand and Wolverine origins. I liked all the Xmen movies.
    Did you read my earlier link (by massawyrm), quoted by chrth at the top?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Did you read my earlier link (by massawyrm), quoted by chrth at the top?
    Yes. I just disagree. i enjoyed them all, especially the 2 wolverine solo films.

Yes. I just disagree. i enjoyed them all, especially the 2 wolverine solo films.
    It's a comic book fan thing.
    Dark Phoenix saga was the storyline that made everyone reading comic books that year an X-Men fan.

Having a movie that took such a runny shit all over it...well...

And then Wolverine Origins...that had Maverick and Deadpool...omfg no...The only good thing that came of that was it pissed off Ryan Reynolds enough so that he felt it was necessary to make a Deadpool movie, for which most of us are very grateful for.

It's just that comic book fandom thing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    It's a comic book fan thing.
    Dark Phoenix saga was the storyline that made everyone reading comic books that year an X-Men fan.

Having a movie that took such a runny shit all over it...well...

And then Wolverine Origins...that had Maverick and Deadpool...omfg no...The only good thing that came of that was it pissed off Ryan Reynolds enough so that he felt it was necessary to make a Deadpool movie, for which most of us are very grateful for.

It's just that comic book fandom thing.
    You assume I'm not a comic reader. I am. The first one I can remember reading was a Brave and The Bold teamup with Batman and Dr Fate. i think it was late 70s/early 80s. I simply realize that movie adaptations will never be 1:1 reproductions of the book. I look at them as one of the many multiverses; some things will be similar , some quite different. My only criteria is: did i enjoy it?

I simply realize that movie adaptations will never be 1:1 reproductions of the book. I look at them as one of the many multiverses; some things will be similar , some quite different. My only criteria is: did i enjoy it?
    *nods*
    Fair enough.

I myself look to see how well represented the characters in the movie correspond to the characters in the comic books...and yeah, if I enjoy what I see. (Sadly this is why I loathe Guardians of the Galaxy. Bottom of the barrel to me)

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So, this happened...and somehow the world didn't implode. (originally from People Mag FB, but they are silly geese who don't like youtube)

BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    So, this happened...and somehow the world didn't implode. (originally from People Mag FB, but they are silly geese who don't like youtube)
    Heh -- That was the same video I linked up above: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post39987278

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Heh -- That was the same video I linked up above: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post39987278
    Derp, didn't see your edit. Oh well, this is awkward.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Derp, didn't see your edit. Oh well, this is awkward.
    Well to be fair, it was originally just a link to the video which I changed it to an embedded video after I figured most got the initial surprise from it.

New Apocalypse Trailer

You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jerry Bruckheimer and Michael Bay Bring you X-Men: The Day After Tomorrow

1) Way too much VFX used in outlandish ways, you can tell they are trying to force the movie to be good by making it a spectacle. I don't get a strong sense this will leave room for true character development.

2) Usually good actors giving terrible performances: see Jennifer Lawrence and a couple others.

3) Apocalypse still looks and sounds dumb AF. The new Rita Repulsor pics look better than that.

4) However, unlike Batman vs. Superman I can tell this movie is going to be fun and I will pay money to go see it. Maybe the box office won't be so bad. However, this is going to be a turd of turds....like 2016's Mortal Kombat Annihilation. A movie we all know is terrible, but it was a ton of fun to watch one time.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    New Apocalypse Trailer

nice to see wolverine will be in it(but it seems more like a Cameo, and the way they presented it makes it look like a copy of the Civil war trailer.

The movie will likely suck anyways.

- - - Updated - - -

Hell they have a batman vs superman situation almost they have spoiled the film.

Praise the new mutant overlord and savoir Katniss everdeen

Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    nice to see wolverine will be in it(but it seems more like a Cameo, and the way they presented it makes it look like a copy of the Civil war trailer.

The movie will likely suck anyways.

- - - Updated - - -

Hell they have a batman vs superman situation almost they have spoiled the film.
    Not even close. The whole BVS fiasco was because the films title was Batman V Superman, and in one of their trailers they show them coming together to fight doomsday. That totally ruins the suprise of the end of the movie. I like how the director or someone came out and said "Oh no thats not even the 3rd act of the movie" well guess what... it is.

Anyway, just looking at the first Xmen trailer they showed a bit too much destruction. I think this is the last Xmen movie for some of these actors? Im not totally sure but the amount of destruction that seems to be in this movie is just not... I dont know. To me you cant have mutants running around destroying whole cities and then advocating peace and shit in the next movie.

Atleast in the avengers it was aliens. In Civil War they fight away from the population, in Ultron it was against robots. There is some give in those movies. In Xmen its always mutants vs mutants destroying too much and becoming too visible imo.

Anyway i dont know where this franchise thinks its going but i dont see the box office for this movie being very well. I dont think the story of this movie is very compelling. We shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Praise the new mutant overlord and savoir Katniss everdeen
    That is the main reason im out on the xmen franchise. I heard a report a few years ago that Fox wanted to go all in on Jennifer Lawrence and make mystique the new wolverine of the franchise and carry it forward. I hated this idea not because of Jennifer Lawrence but because Fox was going to try and shove mystique's character down our throat for years thinking Jennifer sells tickets.

Mystique is a bad guy imo. And if you watch these movies you can tell these stories are all about her. I dont give a crap about her. I dont like her. She is not interesting to me. Her powers are boring to me. And i dont like how they try and make her out to be a good/bad guy in these films and the stupid love affair with charles/magneto.

Lucky for me she said hell no. Which is why fox scrambled for gambit and channing tatum. Although it looks like gambit is getting pushed way back or might not happen. So maybe Jennifer re-upped? I hope not but pls no more mystique Fox. I want the original Xmen. I want Scott, Jean, Storm. Develop those characters, give them some story. We have had enough love triangles with this new trilogy.
    Last edited by Zeek Daniels; 2016-04-25 at 08:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    Not even close. The whole BVS fiasco was because the films title was Batman V Superman, and in one of their trailers they show them coming together to fight doomsday. That totally ruins the suprise of the end of the movie. I like how the director or someone came out and said "Oh no thats not even the 3rd act of the movie" well guess what... it is.

Anyway, just looking at the first Xmen trailer they showed a bit too much destruction. I think this is the last Xmen movie for some of these actors? Im not totally sure but the amount of destruction that seems to be in this movie is just not... I dont know. To me you cant have mutants running around destroying whole cities and then advocating peace and shit in the next movie.

Atleast in the avengers it was aliens. In Civil War they fight away from the population, in Ultron it was against robots. There is some give in those movies. In Xmen its always mutants vs mutants destroying too much and becoming too visible imo.

Anyway i dont know where this franchise thinks its going but i dont see the box office for this movie being very well. I dont think the story of this movie is very compelling. We shall see.
    You could almost summarise the story with this probably:

- Its a 'calm before the storm' situation however Jean see's a vision of the future.
    - Xavier disregards this as just a nightmare and doesnt value it as a threat while Mystique does
    - Mystique goes off to find more mutants to help, while Xavier researches Apocalypse after Jean has a vision of Apocalypse again with Magneto
    - Apocalypse approaches Magneto, however Xavier arrives with the mutants and tries to convince Magneto to not join Apocalypse
    - Magneto joins Apocalypse and the mutants retreat to the Mansion
    - At the Mansion, Xavier goes to Cerebro to try and track Apocalypse and discover what he's up to
    - Magneto knows where the mansion is and leads Apocalypse there, kidnapping Xavier and laying waste to the mansion
    - Mystique realising they need more fighters, trains the X-Men and they rescue some other X-Men held by Stryker including Wolverine
    - Wolverine, realising the danger that he poses should he be used by Magneto avoids participating in the final battle
    - Meanwhile Apocalypse is using Xavier as a living Cerebro to locate mutants and drain there powers, eventually using his abilities to start to destroy the world
    - Mystique arrives leading the X-Men and they manage to defeat the other horsemen, however Mystique hesitates when fighting Magneto remembering the past and is caught by Apocalypse
    - Apocalypse gloats and then kills Mystique when she tries to tell Magneto that he plans on betraying him (Having learnt that Apocalypse would kill his horsemen after his goal was complete)
    - Magento flips and he and Xavier kill Apocalypse
    - Magneto mourns the loss of Mystique however is distracted by Jean sensing her powers looking worried before leaving with Storm

(yes this is copy pasta)

It looks like shit. Cat shit.

nathan fillion is wonder man in gotg2

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2016/04/...man-in-the-mcu
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552