Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    THAT is what they call a trailer !
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

I really dislike Michele Morrow now, how can she say "Those trailers look great.". They don't, at all, i'm embarrassed by them, so many WC fans are embarrassed by them. The marketing team is a real embarrassment with this film so far. She should have been honest and spoke up about them and if she was contractually obligated not to talk shit about them then she should have not said anything at all.

They need to stop talking to us like we are stupid and watching two different things. Trust the fans to look past it, don't ignore, or even worse, try and make something that looks like shyt look "Great".

Scott Johnson is a perfect example of how to interview. He professes his love for this game but always calls out what's wrong. Get him next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Trionix11 View Post
    I really dislike Michele Morrow now, how can she say "Those trailers look great.". They don't, at all, i'm embarrassed by them, so many WC fans are embarrassed by them. The marketing team is a real embarrassment with this film so far. She should have been honest and spoke up about them and if she was contractually obligated not to talk shit about them then she should have not said anything at all.

They need to stop talking to us like we are stupid and watching two different things. Trust the fans to look past it, don't ignore, or even worse, try and make something that looks like shyt look "Great".

Scott Johnson is a perfect example of how to interview. He professes his love for this game but always calls out what's wrong. Get him next time.
    I have never seen an interviewer or crew member talk shit about marketing during the marketing campaign of a movie, and neither have you.

Of course she, Jones and everyone who knows the slightest about this movie knows the posters and trailers are bad, but they won't say anything remotely negative about it until months after the movie is released.

Hopefully the movie is good, reviews and word of mouth save it from bombing and someday we'll all laugh at these trailers as the silly things they are.

If marketing kills this movie, I'm going to be disappointed. And I can't even begin to imagine how Duncan Jones would feel.

That's not an "exclusive trailer" It was shown before The Huntsman on Friday for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne25uk View Post
    I edited the front page a bit.

Fans of Warcraft will have gone home when they first see the movie.

Also that crazy woman behind the camera needs either a slap/punch/penis. Silence spells were invented for her.
    The woman talking has been edited out so you don't hear her now. I'm not sure, but it seems the music has changed too.

Quote Originally Posted by Laylriana View Post
    The woman talking has been edited out so you don't hear her now. I'm not sure, but it seems the music has changed too.
    Nothing has been edited, it's a different video, taken from closer to the screen. That woman is just too far away to be heard.
    Last edited by Soulwind; 2016-04-25 at 09:53 PM.

this trailer very good

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trionix11 View Post

Except that the vast majority who have seen the trailers in person at PAX disagree with you. Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean that's the accepted opinion and everyone suddenly think the trailers are bad and need to be vocal about it, especially Michele Morrow. Who are these "so many WC fans"? Except for the vocal few who complain about everything, the majority seem to like it, including those on these forums.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Definitely some interesting stuff going on with the movie. Despite some of its departures I'm hoping it ends up being good.

I noticed something weird on Alpha with flying mounts...when you dive, ascend and move to the sides, the mounts move differently from how they do on Live. Anyone else seeing it?

Unfortunately this is the best quality currently available.
    Just like the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    I have never seen an interviewer or crew member talk shit about marketing during the marketing campaign of a movie, and neither have you.

Of course she, Jones and everyone who knows the slightest about this movie knows the posters and trailers are bad, but they won't say anything remotely negative about it until months after the movie is released.

Hopefully the movie is good, reviews and word of mouth save it from bombing and someday we'll all laugh at these trailers as the silly things they are.

If marketing kills this movie, I'm going to be disappointed. And I can't even begin to imagine how Duncan Jones would feel.
    Which effectively destroys any integrity they thought they had because you *know* they will lie. So basically their word means nothing and can never be trusted -- so why listen to them at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Assbandit View Post
    Except that the vast majority who have seen the trailers in person at PAX disagree with you. Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean that's the accepted opinion and everyone suddenly think the trailers are bad and need to be vocal about it, especially Michele Morrow. Who are these "so many WC fans"? Except for the vocal few who complain about everything, the majority seem to like it, including those on these forums.

I'm not talking about the PAX trailer. Michele inferred that all the trailers have been great. I enjoyed the PAX one and the last one, UK edition.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post

I didn't say "talk shit", this was in an interview format and plenty of interviews have asked about negative aspects of their film; do I need to link sad Ben Affleck?

Quote Originally Posted by Ziros22 View Post
    That's not an "exclusive trailer" It was shown before The Huntsman on Friday for me.
    Are you sure you're talking about the same trailer? Because this one starts off very similarly to Trailer 1 but changes half-way through. Watch them both fully and compare. It wouldn't make sense for it to be in front of movies already as it's not even publicly released yet. But if you did indeed see the PAX one in front of Huntsman though let us know.

Tweet to Universal/Legendary/Blizzard, get those DUMBFCKS to release the PAx trailer! It's the best one yet, all we've gotten is two mediocre to horrible trailers so far! WTF! It's like they want this film to fail.

"If this movie does well and Duncan Jones gets to do a sequel, he will be able to put Tauren in it. After that he could do Illidan, Arthas, and all of the other story if the movies do well."

Unless somebody can state otherwise, I think this movie only consists of what occurred during the events of Warcraft 1, where the Orcs first invaded Azeroth. What made warcraft so popular was the progression of its story from war1 to war3 and all the books in between. I sincerely hope that the next movie does not show Tauren or Illidan (but can show Arthas when he is younger), as that would be skipping some of the most significant events in the warcraft universe and the introduction of some of the most renown heroes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow... that orc breaking the humans neck... brutal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty3k View Post
    "If this movie does well and Duncan Jones gets to do a sequel, he will be able to put Tauren in it. After that he could do Illidan, Arthas, and all of the other story if the movies do well."

Unless somebody can state otherwise, I think this movie only consists of what occurred during the events of Warcraft 1, where the Orcs first invaded Azeroth. What made warcraft so popular was the progression of its story from war1 to war3 and all the books in between. I sincerely hope that the next movie does not show Tauren or Illidan (but can show Arthas when he is younger), as that would be skipping some of the most significant events in the warcraft universe and the introduction of some of the most renown heroes.
    It is its own story. Originally the script was the story of Orcs VS Humans. In that original script the orcs were not good guys. They did not team up either.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/spider-man-directors-version-of-warcraft-had-a-fun/1100-6439141/

Honestly ... if a trailer with that bad screened quality leaves a way bigger impression then the other hq trailers before, there's something wrong with the other trailers.

I wonder why they even bother with critics,Just realese the damn movie in the internet.Millions of Critics that know how to judge every aspect of a movie.

I feel like the Warcraft movie shold have come out 5 years ago during the pinnacle of Wrath.