Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LeRoy View Post
    If they are not checking the orientation of their employees how can they claim they achieved any of their goals?
    How would they know they have to increase their ranks if they didn't measure it?

... Ok maybe I'm just sweating too much over my 6-sigma course.
    I don't think they will check whether they have achieved them, it is just the general guideline for their actions. If they do choose to check it, they can just ask their employees and take their word on it: since they all are already working there, lying wouldn't serve any purpose.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Deleted
    Oh god, another SJW thing..

BBC making good use of taxpayer money, I see.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    You should ALWAYS hire the best employees. If the best are all white, or men, then maybe the ones who didn't make the cut can suck it up or become more skilled?
    And I would submit to you that, as a rule, the best would always be white straight males. When would anyone else ever get the chance to suck it up and get better? Whether we like to admit it or not, we don't like (or want) our old boys club interfered with. It's what we know, it's what we like, it's what we are comfortable with. We still see the old boys club alive and kicking today.

Sure their may be some environments where you just can't attract talent to achieve 1 in 6. The media shouldn't have any trouble. But without some kind of push to make people aware to break out of the mold and not just stick with the status quo, we'll just have more status quo and the answer will be. We just hire the best people, not our fault they are 99% Straight white males.

Look I've been where you're talking about. I was in the Army in the 80-90s, when they were making another big push to promote women and minorities. There was plenty of complaints about woman with no combat experience getting promoted over those who had seen some combat. But let's not forget women weren't allowed to serve in combat roles, so how were they supposed to compete against the men who where?

It's a shit pie no matter which way you go until we live in our perfect utopia of a world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    aren't guns banned in britian?
    No, they are subject to control, similar to how automatic weapons are in the US, but without the price tag.

A gay Dr Who?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

One in six BBC stars 'must be gay or lesbian or disabled' by 2020 says new staff-hiring guidelines at the corporation

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...bled-2020.html

LGBT and disabled people must each constitute eight per cent of roles

1/6 doesn't equal eight percent. :P Stopped reading.
    "Punching things is cool and stuff. Pow bam bam bam Pow. O yah... God I'm eloquent." -Dalai Lama

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    Thing is, yes I also noticed this and thought "well that seems kind of insulting for LBGT people"

But then I realised... isn't me thinking that very thought kind of insulting to disabled people

PC thinking is just so confusing and unstable, it's no wonder politically correct people are so confused and unstable
    Yeah, it's a complete mindfuck how much mental gymnastics PC people have to go through to justify their shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    A gay Dr Who?
    More like a gay, transgender disabled Dr Who.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shangshang View Post
    One in six BBC stars 'must be gay or lesbian or disabled' by 2020 says new staff-hiring guidelines at the corporation

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...bled-2020.html

LGBT and disabled people must each constitute eight per cent of roles

1/6 doesn't equal eight percent. :P Stopped reading.
    1/6 is around 16.66%. So, if LGBT and disabled are each 8% if roles, together they make 16.