Fired Mizzou professor Melissa Click: 'This is all about racial politics'

Infamous former University of Missouri professor Melissa Click suggested in a newspaper profile published Sunday that she was fired because of her race.

“This is all about racial politics,” Click said in the Chronicle of Higher Education article. “I’m a white lady. I’m an easy target.”

Click was fired from her position as an assistant professor of communications in February, and her appeal of the decision was denied in March. She achieved national attention after video footage of her assaulting a student journalist went viral. Later, video emerged of her yelling profanities at a police officer.

Her confrontation with a student journalist attempting to cover campus protests in November was caught on the journalist’s camera.

“I’m not a superhero,” Click told The Chronicle. “I wasn’t in charge. When it got out of control, I was the one held accountable.”

Her incident with police in October, during a protest at the university’s homecoming parade, was caught on an officer’s body camera.

“Am I going to be one of those people who stands and watches another brutal moment against black people, or am I going to step in and make sure they’re safe?” Click said she asked herself before stepping between the police officer and a protester.

“Black people love me,” she’s quoted as telling a reporter.

Click said the media treated her unfairly, and if she were to write a headline for her story it would have been “Favorite Professor Fights to Support Black Students on Campus in Dangerous Situation.”

“I believed at some point, somebody would care about the truth of what I was doing,” Click said. “I am a woman who made some mistakes trying to do what she thought was right.”
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/04/25...l?intcmp=hpbt3
    only thing i can say without being accused of making a racial thread and have it shut down is

This is who we have teaching in our institutes of higher learning no wonder kids come out of college more screwed up then when they entered
    Last edited by Vyxn; 2016-04-26 at 02:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    only thing i can say without being accused of making a racial thread and have it shut down is

This is who we have teaching in our institutes of higher learning no wonder kids come out of college more screwed up then when they entered
    I'm happy your link is to the 'post a new thread' page on MMO champion.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah.... lol
    /10

10+ Year Old Account
    Could these people take off their fucking ideological lenses from time to time??

When it got out of control, I was the one held accountable.
    No fucking shit, you called for muscle to remove a reporter from a public space. Stop trying to shift the blame on others, you are not the fucking victim here.

Black people love me
    Well golly, Trump says the same so really, that's not much of an achievement now is it.

I believed at some point, somebody would care about the truth of what I was doing
    We care more than you think, but not in the way you want.

What a load of insanity, I still can't believe she was allowed to work with impressionable college students...

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bad link.

But her being the victim has been rather funny.

It's fun seeing people filmed red handed acting out of line playing the victim later. It's like watching Vontaze Burfict in the offseason.

opps thanks for pointing that out corrected it

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Bad link.

But her being the victim has been rather funny.

It's fun seeing people filmed red handed acting out of line playing the victim later. It's like watching Vontaze Burfict in the offseason.
    Maybe she really believes the person in the magical picture box is a completely different person to herself. I can't think of another way to explain it.

This dumb bitch should have been fired and she is lucky she didn't get arrested. She tried to have some people assault somebody because she didn't want them where they were. It would seem safe spaces are only safe as long as you agree with the people already there, if not they are a danger zone.... queue the music
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post

If you would attend a college or university where people like this "teach," you deserve what you get....

Top fuckin Kek

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    No fucking shit, you called for muscle to remove a reporter from a public space. Stop trying to shift the blame on others, you are not the fucking victim here.
    Not just a reporter, but a student with every bit as much right to be there as the people protesting. So yeah, she very much deserved to be fired.

>It's all about racial politics
    >I'm a white lady

Well yeah. If you weren't white, everyone calling you out for your terrible behavior would be called racist regardless of the merit of your actions. Congratulations on identifying the problem.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Deleted
    The circle is complete.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is Missouri Florida 2.0? Whenever news from there come, it is always something crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

What a dumb bitch. I mean seriously...

Reap what you sow. She should be thankful she was fired, her whiteness sickitates me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love listening to white people talk about how "black people love them". Fucking hell.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Race threads aren't allowed here. You don't skate around that by trying to play games with your wording. Locked.