Page 2 of 64 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Maybe because their bullshit excuse doesn't fly and people aren't retarded enough to believe them. I don't get why people can't admit that wow isn't good anymore and vanilla/bc were better. inb4 LE ROZE TINTED GOOGLE argument because people can't explain why wow is better today besides MUH SPEC

Guess what people did when they played retail and nos. They had 2 clients and vanilla was only 5 gigs which is nothing now. But please, keep telling me why a billiion dollar company can't give people more options.
    Oh sorry my wise oracle, i will submit and say vanilla and bc were better because you say so. I like WoW now even with its problems, and while i enjoyed my time in vanilla, i still prefer content wise what we have now. Or are you going to say i must not of played vanilla?

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Yeah. Such a great challenge to do vanilla servers when fucking people in their basements can do it for free. It's not like they have a few billion in cash reserves or anything.
    I wonder how this debate would look if people realized that the expectations on, and logistical matters such as network , official support, integration with newer systems, Battle net client, paid services, etc etc etc are a shitload more encompassing than "lol Nostalrius did it for a few grand a month" if Blizzard were the ones to make it happen.

Maybe realize that you can't compare Nostalrius running on an emulator and just filling gaps with a shitload of scripts, with everything it'd entail on a AAA company part.

But that's expecting too much, apparently.
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2016-04-26 at 07:33 AM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hav0kk View Post
    *snip*
    You seem to have a difficulty grasping the concept of NO. You aren't going to change, and Blizzard isn't going to change until which time it becomes financially worth their effort to do it, (which isn't likely until 3-4 expansions from now, if ever)

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe because their bullshit excuse doesn't fly and people aren't retarded enough to believe them. I don't get why people can't admit that wow isn't good anymore and vanilla/bc were better.
    It may not be better "right now" at this point in WoD content wise, but core gameplay wise it is leaps and bounds above Vanilla/TBC. MoP was 10x the game Vanilla/TBC were. Sure the community and child-like wonderment were cool in Vanilla and TBC but that won't ever be captured again regardless of if Blizzard released Classic servers.

The community and people in general are far too toxic nowadays for a community like WoW used to have.

Seems like at the end, you WILL be denied haha

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    They have a right to protect their IP. Regardless of what you think. A pirate server does Not have the funds nor capabilities to adequately protect against cyber attacks aimed at stealing the data of the game.
    Protecting your IP is more of a duty then a right tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dexodar View Post
    It's existence proof, so it's conclusive.

You don't understand the difference between copyright and trademark. Trademark you have to protect or you lose it.
    Sorry, trademark then, also its not existance proof, because maybe if you spent even a few days in the Emu community you would find the difference, but what do i know?

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    And they said they are willing to license legacy realms out to third parties, removing the "a lot of work" component. ("a lot of work" and "it cost a lot of money" are synonymous btw)
    I don't see them saying they are willing to license legacy realms out to third parties.

Realistically, there are no news. They revisited the issue, turns out the same problems that were always there are still there. Servers for previous expansions are hard to do (to higher than pirate server "anything might fail at random" standards). That didn't change, so at least for the foreseeable future we won't have these serves. The end.

Deleted
    I think blue post was quite reasonable.

No lawyer speek, no bullshit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah. Such a great challenge to do vanilla servers when fucking people in their basements can do it for free. It's not like they have a few billion in cash reserves or anything.
    Blizzard isn't a charity, Blizzard is a business.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Protecting your IP is more of a duty then a right tbh.
    Even so, a pirate server wouldn't have the means financially to do that on their own.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by Hav0kk View Post

Not good news,
    your opinion.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    How many of those people gave them $15 a month......
    Another MUH 15 argument. It doesn't fucking matter. Do you people understand the client is on the internet and they can just download it, build a server and maintain it like all the other ones for a few grand a month. This company has billions of dollars. It's a drop in the bucket to them. They know how their game works. Why can't you people get it through your heads that it does nothing but benefit you that they're spending money on the game instead of hoarding it for some stockholders.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    I wonder how this debate would look if people realized that the expectations on, and logistical matters such as network , official support, integration with newer systems, Battle net, etc etc etc are a shitload more encompassing than "lol Nostalrius did it for a few grand a month" if Blizzard were the ones to make it happen.

Maybe realize that you can't compare Nostalrius running on an emulator and just filling gaps with a shitload of scripts, with everything it'd entail on a AAA company part.

But that's expecting too much, apparently.
    There is no debate. Blizzard can do it because they made the game and they still do it with retail servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    And? Why is this company's money more important than people to you?
    Last edited by Video Games; 2016-04-26 at 07:34 AM.

Garbage post and a masterful trolling of the community. They released the J. Allen "Destroyer of Worlds" Brack post #Youthinkyoudobutyoudont

Like others have said, a bunch volunteers (on their off time from work and school) mustered together an epic server that served nearly 1 million people with daily activity most wow servers would love to have. Yet Blizzard and its master Activision can't do the same huh? F*ck off Blizzard!

Whos updating the "Wall of no"?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    I don't see them saying they are willing to license legacy realms out to third parties.

Realistically, there are no news. They revisited the issue, turns out the same problems that were always there are still there. Servers for previous expansions are hard to do (to higher than pirate server "anything might fail at random" standards). That didn't change, so at least for the foreseeable future we won't have these serves. The end.
    from blizz post:
    And while we’ve looked into the possibility – there is not a clear legal path to protect Blizzard’s IP and grant an operating license to a pirate server.
    If that is sincere then that is the only hurdle left.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    Sorry, trademark then, also its not existance proof, because maybe if you spent even a few days in the Emu community you would find the difference, but what do i know?
    Once again, this has nothing to do with emulation. It's a server implementation for reverse engineered protocols. These are completely different things with nothing in common.

from blizz post: "And while we’ve looked into the possibility – there is not a clear legal path to protect Blizzard’s IP and grant an operating license to a pirate server."
    That's them saying they *don't* see a way to license legacy realms out, not them saying they are willing to do this. If you meant that they were willing to do this in that they went to explore the options, then fine, I get what you are saying, but this doesn't change anything, they see no way to do this, so it's not going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    I wonder when people will realise this.

Private servers will make them NO MONEY.

What made Classic/TBC "Hard" was the fact shit was broken and there was a lack of info. Now you know a boss fight before the raid even release's. People would blow thought the content in a month and unsub.

There is no money in it for blizzard and they know it, That is why it will not happen. WoW now isn't the same as WoW 12 years ago. Everquest can pull it off because it is at its core the same now as release.

Who knew different developers did different things right...
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    WoD has better qol and mechanics but old expacs have more meaningful content. As a Casual, catchup mechanics make this game a bore.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.