Page 5 of 58 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'm Interested in the idea, would like to know more about the intricacies of the pristine realm concept. Hope they keep us updated and informed on this topic. Im impressed that they even released a statment, kudos J. Allen Brack, kudos.

Quote Originally Posted by ragemv View Post
    Okay i had Enough of all this BS. WHat he said, you may dissagree but it is true, if a company does not actively protect a trademark they can loose it. AND Do you / we like they shut it down? No, but It is their lawfull Right to do so. End of it, was it right in a morale way? Who knows that is debateable but it was their lawfull right.

The problem with Vanila servers is, AND PLEASE answer me this, is what people are forgetting is,
    aWhat part of vanila AQ 20-40? Naxx?
    What about bugs. What bugs should they have fixed?
    What about the grafic? - Should it stay true to Vanila level of Look + Grafic or should it be as pretty as it is now?
    What about interface? Mass loot, and other stuff.
    What about quaility of life services like Mount bag, Titles being Indidual.

What in 4 years. When people have played lots of vanila, shoudl they end upgrade to TBC server? WHAT if they make one, should you be able to move your currenct Vanila char or have to make a new ones?
    How many servers?
    What should it cost?
    well blizzard has stated they don't have the vanilla code anymore, so it's obviously a product that is defunct so they shouldn't care if other people want to keep it running. Any game that's over 10 years old should be freeware anyway.

They don't care that they lost 5 million subs in WoD, why should they care if a few thousand people are playing a game they don't even support anymore, wow has earned them billions of dollars over the years
    Last edited by btorz; 2016-04-26 at 09:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zwiggy View Post
    If it still goes up to level 110 then its not what we want but it is a step in the correct direction.
    Except for the disabled crossrealm you can play the way he wrote today. Just don't use anything that is boosting xp and only wear white gear (ironman challenge style) and the game is slow and a little bit difficult.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Deleted
    Just slowing the current game down isn't a solution. The whole design changed, you can't just revert a few bits and bobs and expect it to work.

What I think would be the coolest thing about a pristine realm is the sense of community that would come from it. For a lot of people this is what they miss the most. Removing cross realm and such would definitely bring back that server community vibe. I like the sort of "action" that comes from cross realm but I can absolutely see where some people may miss the more personal community feels you had when the only people wyou saw around were "Your people". There was even a kind of nemesis factor to the known opposing faction players and they could just pop up anywhere. Since it was so personal you would be PvP'ing in the world with them just trying to best them because you knew who they were. So theres definitely a lot of the old feels that a pristine server would capture.

I say even bring back the attunement requirements, all the things that were phased out at somepoint (dont invent new ones but ya know, just make it like it actually was for the orginal attunement lines)

Quote Originally Posted by btorz View Post
    Any game that's over 10 years old should be freeware anyway.
    ... even when the game is still live with millions of paid subscribers? Err, no, just no.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulkesyk View Post
    Some might want it but im hoping everyone just can't be botherd reading and are just clickin yes cuz its says vanilla in the title ;P
    I wouldn't mind playing current WoW without the LFG tool. One of my greatest disappointments in WoW has been the decimation of the community and thats something I blame of the group finder.

You used to get reputations on your server. People from your opposing faction knew to stay clear of you when you were an absolute PvP beast who could take on 5 other players simultaneously - my brother did that in Tol Barad on Spinebreaker-EU back in the day - or you were known to be an easy kill (as in my case at the time).

Even within your own faction, you became known as a "guild-hopper", someone who doesn't stick with guilds and attempts only to empty out the guild bank. Or you were known as a stand up dude. You had the players who were the "go to guy" for getting gems and enchants and such...

WoW used to be a community and while I'm still relatively happy with the game in its current form (indeed, I would give anything at all to play again but my current internet connection is a bit slow for it nowadays), I'd love to go back to a time mechanically where that sense of community can be reestablished.

Everyone can get anything they need on their own characters now from Garrisons and LFG pretty much nailed closed the coffin on doing anything within your own realm with the other players there. Nobody knows each other anymore and that's the saddest thing to me.

No more LFG (or at least LFG as it was in Wrath maybe), no leveling boosters... I think it'd be nostalgic enough and enjoyable enough for me.

It might mean more work to get into raids and such but that again was part of the community thing. You'd become known as a good/bad raider, ninja looter, loot whiner or whatever depending on how you did. It meant that you'd actually have to work to improve your personal gameplay if you wanted to get into end game content because if you sucked, nobody would take you in their raids and they wouldn't join yours either.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the idea of levelling being slow again, if they also made the enemies an actual challenge again as well I would definitely try it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by btorz View Post
    well blizzard has stated they don't have the vanilla code anymore, so it's obviously a product that is defunct so they shouldn't care if other people want to keep it running. Any game that's over 10 years old should be freeware anyway.
    So your answer to the questions is saying it all does not matter? But lets just make a wish to a falling star, They somehow found the Interns Xtern that have the full data.... SO wupti they can make it possible. WHAT do you feel like would be the right answeres to the Stuff i asked about?

10+ Year Old Account
    Do it, Blizz. Open a couple "pristine" servers as a test! What have you got to lose? I would love to see the feedback because it could be the answer to getting WoW back on track without losing anything. Let the community and top players play a bigger role in shaping these servers! You might strike gold again...

Balance the game differently on these servers, take the risks you're not willing to take right now and see how it pans out. Bring the flavor back, bring our abilities back, bring our professions back to what they once were, let us explore and socialize and brave difficult challenges...

Nothing to lose and everything to gain.

turn off all leveling acceleration including character transfers, heirloom gear, character boosts, Recruit-A-Friend bonuses, WoW Token, and access to cross realm zones,
    so essentially a dead wod realm, whats the point of this again?

Nostalrius on the other hand was great. Hire Nostalrius guys and let them run a vanilla realms, one per region.

Quote Originally Posted by VitesseEOD View Post
    ... even when the game is still live with millions of paid subscribers? Err, no, just no.
    it's not the same game.

Deleted
    You all nost fans dont wanna play on pristine server. I wonder why ... Maybe becouse you wont be able to freeload anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Diinksy View Post
    You all nost fans dont wanna play on pristine server. I wonder why ... Maybe becouse you wont be able to freeload anymore.
    maybe because it's not vanilla?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenocide View Post
    We all were young and naive and in love with the game. Surely we all remember the chills from killing Vanilla Ragnaros or C'thun. We all remember the joy of downing Illidan for the first time.
    But let's be honest. The game was fucking terrible and the mechanics were retardedly redundant and overcomplicated. I wouldn't play on a vanilla server even if they paid me to..
    actually, you should only speak for yourself.

Because, apparently, there were many people -and still are- that played vanilla on a private server.

Is anyone that stupid that they'd think if blizz would bring back vanilla servers it would be free? i'd be more then happy to pay for it. Tho maybe im one of the few? o.O

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Riversong View Post
    But Vanilla wasnt more challenging it was just MORE time consuming, how is spending more time on something more of a challenge?
    Because time commitment should get rewarded, getting an epic item when you ding max level isn't a challenge at all. If you spend time for it, it is a challenge

Deleted
    I've played Vanilla in 2005. Miss the character of that game. Pristine server would be way to different. Money doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexeiPavlov View Post
    0-information post. They are actually lying. There is no special need to support "classic" realm. Such server should act as "as is was".
    Also they have lost a lot of subscribers since WOLK so there is a lot of hardware resources to handle 2-3 additional severs.

Blizzard, don't be silly. You can even ask for additional subscription fee for such realms. Personally I quit WoW because I was bored to death by WoD and now playing on TBC/WOLK pirate servers just to fight a this boredom.
    And what exactly happens in a couple years? Knowing you will never be getting new/additional content and already knowing all the content that exists? You'll eventually tire of that as well.

Deleted
    Share lock on normal and hc progress slows down abit... bosses must drop less gear = slow progress more gameplay