Page 7 of 58 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Here's a question - if legacy servers are so hard to run, how did Nostalrius do it, while pushing the limits of what a server is capable of doing (the players active on it were way more than on any given Blizzard server appearently), with only a team of volunteers who likely have way less experience than anyone working at Blizzard?

And yeah as for pristine servers, heirloom/lfg or not characters are still immensly overpowered compared to the content and over level it in a heartbeat. I personally wouldn't be interested, but to each his own.

Quote Originally Posted by Etselion View Post
    Yeah, this early feedback doesn't seem very promising...

https://www.strawpoll.me/10052507/r
    50% isn't promising? 50% is higher than almost any individual feature in WoW out there. Do you think more than 50% raid regularly? Or more than 50% do pvp regularly? Or more than 50% do pet battles? 50% is huge, especially with the ammount of people WoW involves.

With that said, I do think pristine realms can't be just about removing the convenience and exp gains. They need to also either buff the mobs or nerf the players on those realms (could be a +%hp +%damage applied on every mob, or a +%damage taken -% damage done on every player).

Another problem is old content that has been removed. Old zones (removed by cata revamp) could likely be re-incorpurated with some work. Old classes/talents not so much, but if everything else was good (slow and dangerous leveling experience, hard dungeons and raids at endgame) I think it coudl work for a lot of people.

This doesn't "replace" legacy realms, but it can be a great way of giving a lot of these players a "fix" of more oldschool style of gameplay. If they upped the power of the mobs enough (or nerfed us enough) to the point of it closely resembling that content while current, they could easily make different pristine realms for different intended level caps - ie a "Vanilla" pristine realm with max level locked at 60, a TBC pristine realm with max level locked at 70, so on.

They could even make that if you get a number (or a very hard to get) Vanilla-related achievement (ie leveling 2 professions to max, doing 50%+ of the raids, completing most of the quests, getting exalted with X reputations, getting X honorable kills, etc) you would win a free transfer for a TBC pristine realm to continue your adventure.

Deleted
    They should've been more specific. Their 'fanbase' is a bunch of sodapooping subscribers who aren't going to have any nuanced thoughts about private servers. Blizzard has to tell them the specific problems, or people will assume it's bullshit.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenocide View Post
    even more then, why would blizzard even care to be nice to "illegal" players? if they didnt pay then, they certainly wont pay now.
    but my point was, sure vanilla wow was a great game, but it's an old game, with terrible mechanics. given the amount of time and energy it would require to implement a vanilla server live i cant help myself thinking that it's bound to fail in the long run. ppl start crying after 2months of same content... i cant imagine they'll last any longer in 10years old content. Sure it'll be nice to see old stuff... but will it be like playing in vanilla? no it wont. ppl will get bored soon.

i'd rather have the team concentrate on new content
    Because, as people have mentioned in youtube as well, we would pay to play vanilla!

Also, some of us want this dedication that a MMORPG requires. The current pace and dificulty of the game is not right - for some of us!

Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    Nostalgia is a very terrible thing, and it's a huge factor that ends up dragging down not only WoW's, but the general World's ability to progress. It's not Blizzard's responsibility to protect an illegal private server. They own the property. The people who ran the private server stole that property and then manipulated it how they saw fit. That is downright ILLEGAL in every sense of the word.

You might not like the truth, but the truth is that this server was always going to be shut down. It was just a matter of time, and those of you who didn't see it coming are delusional.

Blizzard doesn't need to make nostalgia servers to quench some of your ridiculous thirsts for "the good old days," which weren't even that good to begin with. The only reason people have fun playing these old servers is because they know deep down what they are doing is against the rules, and that adds excitement. The actual gameplay of vanilla and it's systems was horrible, slow for no reason, and has been vastly improved upon over the years. Sure, WoD was a disaster because of a lack of content at end game, but MoP was one of the best expansions to date, possibly rivaling WotLK and TBC. If half of you nostalgiatards would snap out of your delusion you might see just how awesome a lot of these improvements are.

It happens with literally everything. Successful film? "Everyone" hates the sequel(s). Successful video game? The sequels "failed."

The original excitement you had from playing the first game in a series is never going to come back. That can't be recreated. But letting that lack of "new car smell" ruin your enjoyment of future titles is cancerous. People who think classic WoW was the best WoW era and will never be topped are the same people that lead depressing, sad lives IRL. "I had the best steak ever at this one restaurant 5 years ago and no steak will ever be as good so all steak I have fromt hat point on are bad." "My first girlfriend/boyfriend did this amazing thing during sex, but we broke up, so sex with anyone else will never live up to that."

Nostalgia seriously ruins people's lives. Don't be that guy who dwells in the past and forgets to actually live during the present and anticipate the future.
    Well said!

The past is the past. Most nostalgia ridden people probably don't even realize that they simply don't like wow anymore. If you play something for such a long time, you will eventually grow tired of it.

To preserve wow, they must not go back to some old version of the game but instead do some ballsy revolutionary changes. Most people really crave new and exciting things because most of those warm nostalgia feelings come from a memory of exploring something new and exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    Pristine realms miss the entire point of legacy servers. Yes, the ridiculous absurd leveling speed is a major issue with modern WoW, but the mechanics and class design, as well as the compelling challenge in the outside world, are what really make vanilla-TBC WoW the best.
    frostbolt frostbolt frostbolt frostbolt frostbolt frostbolt frostbolt, such good class design....

15+ Year Old Account
    This would be the perfect way to end the debate. Vanilla servers have one big caveat - content would become stale pretty quickly.

The biggest difference between Vanilla and nowadays-WoW is the social aspect and the pace of the game. Disabling finder would separate players into two different groups, those who like more traditional MMO style - slower pace, better community, more immersion (IMO) and those who like quick mechanics, multitasking and instant queueing.

Everyone would be happy and both of those groups would be better off not having to constantly deal with the other

Quote Originally Posted by TLTeo View Post
    And yeah as for pristine servers, heirloom/lfg or not characters are still immensly overpowered compared to the content and over level it in a heartbeat. I personally wouldn't be interested, but to each his own.
    Blizz fail to admit they ruined 1-60 quests areas with cataclysm. And I don't want to hear anything more from Mr. "You want it, but you don't".
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Diinksy View Post
    Oh im sorry did every expansion but hurt you ? like complaining from pandas to cata and bla bla ... Yes game is in terible state but pristine server solves most of the stuff thats bad.
    "but hurt" me? chill out dude. If you like pristine servers i'm fine with it. pristine server solves most of the stuff thats bad? Well thats not even remotely true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diinksy View Post
    I played vanilla and from raiding prospective i dont wanna go back, why should i gather all resistance gear, farm shit tons of mats for buffs,have spells on 6 ranks geting oom from frostbolts,boss mechanics broken or non working properly,boss designs oversimplified,... Yes some peops like vanilla, but many of em are just fallowing flow with nost and stuff,becouse they didnt actualy play vanilla to begin with.
    If you don't like to play it please don't. There will be other people to play vanilla.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorianus View Post
    frostbolt frostbolt frostbolt frostbolt frostbolt frostbolt frostbolt, such good class design....
    Tell that to a warlock..

Mate, the spell rotation is as easy as never before nowadays

Quote Originally Posted by Drpizka View Post
    Because, as people have mentioned in youtube as well, we would pay to play vanilla!

Also, some of us want this dedication that a MMORPG requires. The current pace and dificulty of the game is not right - for some of us!
    ok some of "you" (which i suppose stands for non paying private server players), want to move the focus of the devs from expanding the game with new content, lore, solution and mechanics to bring back a 10 years old game?
    well.
    lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    50% isn't promising? 50% is higher than almost any individual feature in WoW out there. Do you think more than 50% raid regularly? Or more than 50% do pvp regularly? Or more than 50% do pet battles? 50% is huge, especially with the ammount of people WoW involves.

With that said, I do think pristine realms can't be just about removing the convenience and exp gains. They need to also either buff the mobs or nerf the players on those realms (could be a +%hp +%damage applied on every mob, or a +%damage taken -% damage done on every player).

Another problem is old content that has been removed. Old zones (removed by cata revamp) could likely be re-incorpurated with some work. Old classes/talents not so much, but if everything else was good (slow and dangerous leveling experience, hard dungeons and raids at endgame) I think it coudl work for a lot of people.

This doesn't "replace" legacy realms, but it can be a great way of giving a lot of these players a "fix" of more oldschool style of gameplay. If they upped the power of the mobs enough (or nerfed us enough) to the point of it closely resembling that content while current, they could easily make different pristine realms for different intended level caps - ie a "Vanilla" pristine realm with max level locked at 60, a TBC pristine realm with max level locked at 70, so on.

They could even make that if you get a number (or a very hard to get) Vanilla-related achievement (ie leveling 2 professions to max, doing 50%+ of the raids, completing most of the quests, getting exalted with X reputations, getting X honorable kills, etc) you would win a free transfer for a TBC pristine realm to continue your adventure.
    Of course isn't promising.

Thats only half of an already small group: the nostalgic crowd.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Riversong View Post
    Which can be voted on multiple times its not accurate. I voted 3 times thinking my vote hadn't gone through.
    hmmmm I think that when you try to re-vote it says "thanks we have already counted your vote" :/

15+ Year Old Account
    He really didn't say no. And the Pristine realm thing along with them talking to the 3 devs of Nost still. Funny how most of you ignored those facts.

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    Let's not kid ourselves. Vanilla has little to do with it. The predominant reason those people play in there is because it's free.
    Majority of ppl that were playing in vanilla times are now 30-40 years old. Probably 80-90% of them got job now so i don't think so that 13$ or 13€ is huge deal.

Here we go with the talk about code again, but its all BS. They have the code, they just shut down a server built on it. I don't want a pristine realm, it is all the other changes that have killed it. There is nothing you could do to make it like vanilla other than using the code base that Nostalrius already had.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Incandio View Post
    Well, pristine realms get my vote. Purely as a matter of choice. I'd still play on the other realms, but pristine sounds like a clearly-defined realm concept.

Perhaps they can even add little "perks" to the interface options you can toggle on or off, like being dismounted going through water of any depth, and having to loot each corpse individually, or the XP "you've played too long" debuff ... for the fetishists ...
    This would prolly add hate and kill community just like Nost players that wants vanilla in retail form and Kronos players that wants vanilla in vanilla form.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Riversong View Post
    Just voted again, I didnt get that

Thank you,
    Yes 54.46% (4,234 votes)

No 45.54% (3,540 votes)

Total Votes: 7,774
    Return To PollCreate Your Own Poll
    I hope you vote for "yes"

Quote Originally Posted by Drpizka View Post
    Tell that to a warlock..

Mate, the spell rotation is as easy as never before nowadays
    But atleast casters have a rotation nowadays instead of one button spam in vanilla/bc, i mean who wants to go back to the days of sacrfice the succubus and shadowbolt spam ?!, i would call it after a day out of boredom.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont like this pristine realm thing. Unless they are going to add all the original raids and other stuff back its just hard more leveling nothing more.