Page 24 of 64 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    We dont want you to reinvent the wheel. Bring back VANILLA servers! NOT dumbing everything down to the iron-man challenge.
    It's too hard. No sarcasm.

The real question here is, how much will they charge? What would YOU pay for a pristine server? $5/mo?

I think one of the reasons they've shied away from this in the past is because it would insinuate that maybe their expansions aren't worth a damn. While they're out promoting new content, people are demanding the old. What does that say about their direction?

The game had less QoL updates, Lvling took alot longe, bosses usally diden't have many abilities,

I just don't see what it was that was better back then.. Except AV without time limit, that place was heaven xD

Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    How many of the people sitting in their garrisons with active subs bored out of their mind would just roll a toon on a classic server?
    I can ask questions we don't know the answers to, too.
    Then instead of classic server they can add new quest zone, raid, 5 man and not waste resources on old nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    he thinks we want pristine realms, but we don't.
    ^^ Nice! Post of the year!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zepla View Post
    The real question here is, how much will they charge? What would YOU pay for a pristine server? $5/mo?

I think one of the reasons they've shied away from this in the past is because it would insinuate that maybe their expansions aren't worth a damn. While they're out promoting new content, people are demanding the old. What does that say about their direction?
    Nothing. That's the issue, people are making it a "the game sucks now, bring back the old" while in reality they're two different games. That's also why I'm pro-legacy, because I believe that they are so different that they each deserve their own servers.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by Desparil View Post
    Then instead of classic server they can add new quest zone, raid, 5 man and not waste resources on old nonsense.
    Look I see you trying to troll post after post in this thread. It is obvious from your posts you 1) are not interested in Vanilla, and 2) don't seem to understand why people are interested in Vanilla. Instead of trying to fight what made people love the game, maybe you should be out playing the WoD since you seem to think it is so great.

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    From what I'm getting, the pristine servers would just be servers with all the crap turned off. No heirlooms, no lfg/lfr. I don't think they would change the xp amounts required, it technically wouldn't be anymore of a time sink, past you not being able to boost your leveling speed.

I think it would be a good idea, it would have a community for end game. I think many people's biggest complaint isn't so much difficulty of the game, to be honest, current end game content is very challenging, it takes hardcore progression to get through it. I think people miss community. They miss /2 being filled with group requests.

Although ironically this could fail horribly, if they do release Pristine realms they will be putting their game in a bubble. The lack of community argument usually goes in the direction of lessened player skill because of fast leveling, never learning class, and lfr ease. If the servers don't have any of this extra crap and people still see the game as lacking content, and see that the content is actually what makes players not as good, then they might be shooting themselves.

I'm still firmly in support of a progression vanilla realms, 6-8 months of content progressiong and then the realm jumps to TBC, etc...
    Don't get me wrong, I think they would be a step in the right direction, but they feel more like a band-aid than a real solution.

Deleted
    So where are the haters that said that blizzard wont even take a look to the petition ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    I could of sworn for post after post th legacy people wanted blizz to answer them right? They did and said at least for now it is too much work to do legacy servers and you still are arguing this? You got your answer move on already.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't say how many weeks because they will argue that with you too. They got thier damn answer it is over.
    This is also one of the reason a legacy server will be so costly for Blizzard. Because these people just won't take no for an answer and they'll want TBC servers, Wrath servers, different patches of thoes expantions and so on and they'll never stop the nagging no matter what Blizzard says or does.

It's easier to make my toddler see reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabever View Post
    Look I see you trying to troll post after post in this thread. It is obvious from your posts you 1) are not interested in Vanilla, and 2) don't seem to understand why people are interested in Vanilla. Instead of trying to fight what made people love the game, maybe you should be out playing the WoD since you seem to think it is so great.
    Then you should be playing vanilla on private server instead of posting on mmo champion

Deleted
    They still have not said no, to all you nay sayers. And we won't give up either.

Call us toxic, idiots and nostalgic whores if you want. They are communicating with the Nostalrius team. Something might happen.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hav0kk View Post
    We just want to go home
    Then just log in and stop crying, im a vanilla player but i seriously dont understand what so many people miss from that time.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    This is also one of the reason a legacy server will be so costly for Blizzard. Because these people just won't take no for an answer and they'll want TBC servers, Wrath servers, different patches of thoes expantions and so on and they'll never stop the nagging no matter what Blizzard says or does.

It's easier to make my toddler see reason.
    Yeah... Ive said it before, ill say it again. They will never be satisfied. Next theyll be asking for updated versions of their legacy servers. Then demand to not pay any subs at all since its not current content. The demands and whining will never stop because theyll never be satisfied. Meh. Its getting tiring.

Quote Originally Posted by flexks View Post
    They still have not said no, to all you nay sayers. And we won't give up either.

Call us toxic, idiots and nostalgic whores if you want. They are communicating with the Nostalrius team. Something might happen.
    Well you are quite gullible if you don't think that was a "no" wrapped up in nice words. But sure, keep standing there hoping for that magic day.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

Quote Originally Posted by rukya View Post
    So where are the haters that said that blizzard wont even take a look to the petition ?
    Mark Kern is still hand delivering the petition to them, so they are going to be able to take a good look at it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zmuci View Post
    My thoughts about potential official legacy servers is that it won't be as popular as private one. Because I know for facts that most of those private server players play that because they don't want/can't afford to give money to blizzard. And don't give me that "that's one dinner" bullshit, there are countries where people work whole month for 150-200e. And knowing blizzard, there is no way it won't require active gametime to play it. So my guess is yea, a lot of us would try it, but I can't imagine people actually raiding MC for a long time. Hope I'm wrong, but that's just my 2c
    You seriously think ppl go to servers like nostalrius because they cant afford wow? And u say you know for a fact, i would love to see your source on this. Because ppl going back to a 12 year old game because they cant afford 15 a month? I think there is another reason why ppl go to vanilla private servers, and thats because its the only way to play it. But thats just my opinion.

Pristine realm ìs a step on the right direction for me and would love to roll there for legion.

Deleted
    The issue with coding it on thier side as far as I have noticed is: Battle.NET Clint and ID support was added only AFTER thier rewamp of the code and packaging of said between Cata and Mists. Making Vanilla support it would literally require re-coding vanilla or converting it in its full using converters. Either of these would take a SHITTON of testing and optimizing and a pretty big part of the dev team.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by flexks View Post

You guys are mostly toxic and thats one of the reasons i think Blizzard isnt taking you so seriously.

Them communicating with the Nost team does not mean they are looking to make a vanilla realm. It could be several reasons one of them some info and what they would like on a pristine server to try and recapture what people liked about vanilla but in the new expansions setting.

Deleted
    https://twitter.com/Sodapoppintv/sta...65668228046850

Sodapopping is working on the video mark kern made, cant wait for it even though its only 4 minutes long