Poll: And...

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Will Legion be better than Wrath of the Lich King?

I am going from a 6/10 to giving an 8/10. [B+] My expectations of the game are raising after seeing the end game content for PvE.

Whats good?
    • The raids look outstanding so far, the art, the fights and the raid structure for both raids look amazing!
    • The outdoor content gives good gear for endgame so you don't have to raid!
    • Beautiful zones [as always]
    • Beautiful music
    • Sylvanas is motherfucking Warchief! ++!
    • Lots of B-list characters are getting lore.
    • Adding in the Ashbringer after 11 years.
    • The Demon Hunter class is AMAZING so far. Brings back nostalgia when you first created a DK, their character customization is very creative and is a step in the right direction if we wish to expand on it in the further for other races/classes.
    • Artifact weapons are good.
    • Opening cinematic is the best to date.
    • Immersive lore.
    • Gul'dan and Khadgar!
    • Fire Mage revamp
    • New melee animations, textures and sounds
    • New spell texture, sounds and animations
    • UI revamp looks nice!

Whats wrong with it?
    • Some of the artifact quests are copy and paste
    • Some Garrison features are back
    • Some artifact features are locked behind this Garrison content
    • No flying at launch

Does Legion have the potential to be better than WOTLK? Put your nostalgia aside.

PS. MoP was my favorite expac, not wrath.
    Last edited by TheramoreIsTheBomb; 2016-04-26 at 02:42 PM.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Ah great I'm the negative nancy who gave it 'probably not'.

The expansion is fun, just not sure if it will give me the longevity wrath did. We shall see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

All I've ever wanted from WoW was to be a demon hunter.........This alone makes it better for me.

It's hard to tell how long I'll stay interested from what I've played on the Alpha, but so far I'm leaning towards Legion being the best expansion ever.

Nothing at all on your list is amazing. Some items are kind of nice, but that's about it.

No, Legion is not going to be as good as LK, not in my opinion, not globally in others opinion reflected in the number of subs. There's absolutely no way.

I remember how everyone hated Wrath and was absolutely sure that it was the downfall of WoW when it was current.

LK wasn't that good imo, well, not the first half of the game anyways. Was a bit better after uld, and again at ICC, but most of it sucked.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Nothing at all on your list is amazing. Some items are kind of nice, but that's about it.

No, Legion is not going to be as good as LK, not in my opinion, not globally in others opinion reflected in the number of subs. There's absolutely no way.
    What does the current # of subs have to do with anything? WoD is not Legion..

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    What does the current # of subs have to do with anything? WoD is not Legion..
    I am talking about the number of subs in Legion. It won't come close to LK's numbers. That's my opinion.

I am talking about the number of subs in Legion. It won't come close to LK's numbers. That's my opinion.
    They could rise over time.

Only reason subs were so high is because LK story wrapping up, other than that Wrath was ezmode crap 90% of it any way.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wrath was such a long time ago, I'm not sure I can still enjoy the game as much as before no matter how well they do it :-)

i vote maybe, but i kinda mean a very long shot maybe, so more of a probably not.

it could, it really could. but idk. i want it to be. i would be crazy happy about that.

Weird comparison.

The game has evolved immensely since WotLK, so has the player base. I'll give Legion a good shot, there are lots of things I like the look of, and things not so much.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Krobane View Post
    All I've ever wanted from WoW was to be a demon hunter.........This alone makes it better for me.
    Even though you're just playing a monk with tattoos?
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    Weird comparison.

The game has evolved immensely since WotLK, so has the player base. I'll give Legion a good shot, there are lots of things I like the look of, and things not so much.

- - - Updated - - -

Even though you're just playing a monk with tattoos?
    You shut your dirty commie mouth! You don't know what you're talking about! I got war glaives and I can fly around like Batman and if you make me angry I'll turn into the Hulk!

High sub numbers doesn't mean the game is good.

Here is my thought on this:

Whats good?
    • The raids look outstanding so far, the art, the fights and the raid structure for both raids look amazing! (draw)
    • The outdoor content gives good gear for endgame so you don't have to raid! (irrelevant)
    • Beautiful zones [as always] (WotLK had more of those beautiful zones, WotLK wins)
    • Beautiful music (argent tournament, anyone? WotLK wins)
    • Sylvanas is motherfucking Warchief! ++! (Her role was more meaningful in WotLK, WotLK wins)
    • Lots of B-list characters are getting lore. (WotLK gave spotlight to unknown characters as well, draw)
    • Adding in the Ashbringer after 11 years. (This is immersion killer, WotLK wins)
    • The Demon Hunter class is AMAZING so far. Brings back nostalgia when you first created a DK, their character customization is very creative and is a step in the right direction if we wish to expand on it in the further for other races/classes. (2-spec DH vs 3-spec DK, WotLK wins)
    • Artifact weapons are good. (It's a progression system more or less, Legion wins)
    • Opening cinematic is the best to date. (WotLK wins)
    • Immersive lore. (WotLK wins)
    • Gul'dan and Khadgar! (Lich King vs Trion, WotLK wins)
    • Fire Mage revamp (Rogue was better in WotLK, WotLK wins for me)
    • New melee animations, textures and sounds (Legion wins)
    • New spell texture, sounds and animations (Legion Wins)
    • UI revamp looks nice! (Legion wins)

WotLK wins!

Voted yes. "New is always better!"-Barney Stinson (don't blame me, if I quoted this wrong, I only know the German version of this phrase and translated it into English)

Well that kinda was everything I wanted to say, lol.

oh, I love how everyone is loving on wrath since mop. Back in cataclysm it was "THE WORSTZ EXPANSIONZ EVA" "YOUR ALL WRATH BABIES"

Deleted
    Gameplay wise and storywise perhaps, but the biggest no for me is that most of my friends from back in the day don't play anymore. I miss the community the most.