Page 36 of 58 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thadeka View Post
    i dotn know why ppl like to go back and Raid MC/naxx again same stuff doing again.
    This. People get all angry at 12 months of the same raid tier like we've been having for some expansions now (which is awful and some heads at blizzard should be kicked in if they think this is acceptable), yet they piss themselves like an over-excited dog at the idea of perpetuous MC. Go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by VitesseEOD View Post
    I still think the nostalgia (for which a heap of people weren't even part of first time around) is clouding the issue here. Are the best guilds/players going to go back to content they've already killed 50+ times over a decade ago? No. Its a minority and other than some special "license" to run Nos, there's not much hope of another solution and given thats already been nixxed in the above statement...

I find this whole situation quite amusing, Im actually part of a level 60 raiding guild on a casual basis, the community cries out for new content and now there's this clamour to go back to the beginning
    Like you yourself say, for a lot of people, Vanilla - WotLK era is completely new content for them. It's hard to say for certainty exactly who experienced WoW at what level, it is safe to assume that most people never got to see that content as it was originally meant to be. It offers a whole new look at both how far the game has come and how far it has also fallen. Improvements have been made right along side massive setbacks.

I feel like the "it's just nostalgia" is a massive excuse for not wanting to invest a small amount of money into the game to bring back what many frankly feel was a better game. I truly feel that Blizzard is most afraid that people are going to like the old content more than the current content, and then actually have to revert back to the older system because their new "content" just doesn't hack it.

Even with everything they've said, I hold little to no hope that Blizzard is going to bring back Classic servers. I feel like they miss the point and instead focus on the "hard work ahead" vs the potential rewards to them, using what is essentially 12 year old product that is already established. Sure, they might have to rewrite a bit of code to bring the look of the game up to current standards, but overall they're not going to be doing much. If a team of free time amateurs could do it, there's no reason a multi billion dollar company can't and have it be successful and profitable.

Quote Originally Posted by Azgraal View Post
    Is that game still going? I heard a lot of people migrated towards it when it launched as it was supposed to be everything WoW had lost along the way, but then it was never spoken of anymore...
    idk, all i know is that it failed and it went free to play pretty quickly.

(i should fix my original post to make my statement more obvious)

all this is doing is completely disregarding the issue, instead of wasting resources on this crap, make your current game good again.

To pristine servers, I'd go one or two steps further: decelerate leveling and/or buff mobs and bosses and make mob groups work better in teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    AnteroXX, knock it off or I will ban you.
    Love it how he's piped down after this.

why take the stairs when there is an elevator.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is such an insult and lackluster response on the part of Blizzard. This is a company that changed a simple pose in Overwatch because 1 gamer complained, but 200,000+ people have signed a petition and we get "Pristine Mode". Pristine mode will not give us Vanilla back, its WoW now with a twist. This seems more like an plea than anything else. It is a setup so Blizzard can turn around and say told you "You think you want it, but you don't". This has been their stance for years.

Blizzard has streamlined WoW to the point where it is not even close to what it was in Vanilla\TBC and even WOTLK. They wanted a more accessible casual game to expand their customer base. While I cannot blame them for this, it has alienated the audience that helped build the game through their time an investment in the early days. Please give the community what we want.

I do not understand the aversion to this, however I find their response pitiful, they hardly answered or addressed the issue. I understand that they need to protect their intellectual property, but they should be spinning up Vanilla\TBC servers themselves to make their customers happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Love it how he's piped down after this.
    Like I care about some account in a forum full of degenerates.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2016-04-26 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahogany View Post
    Pristine realm? What's pristine about it? The wellfare epics that will still be easy to get? The ZERO challenge while leveling? Yea it's going to take you longer, that doesn't make it challenging! Vanilla WoW was fun because you didn't just get new useful gear after each quest, you didn't just kill 15 mobs without having to bandage or drink up after each one.

How many times do we have to say this? We want a challenge, making something that requires you to put in more time isn't challenging!
    Sorry to burst your bubble. WoW was never challenging. Pull a mob, kill it, drink/eat, repeat 15x, or 100 times because the boars don't have spleens. The mechanics of raids were trivial compared to current raids. Putting a gear check, resistance gear requirement in a fight just makes it take longer to reach, not harder.'

I do not understand the aversion to this, however I find their response pitiful, they hardly answered or addressed the issue. I understand that they need to protect their intellectual property, but they should be spinning up Vanilla\TBC servers themselves to make their customers happy.
    A simple word: Money. If five million players want the next expac to come faster, and 200k want vanilla wow. Who do you think they are going to focus their efforts on it. Blizzard has a few limiting resources: Time and Engineers. It's not as simple as : Hire a new guy, he can now add code to the game at full speed.

There is a reason most probation periods in the software industry is six months. Because usually, six months is just enough time to be able to tell if you re going to be useful to the team or not. When I hire someone, the question I am answering is: Do I feel I should be spending six months of time and energy waiting for this person to prove themselves.
    Last edited by Rakoth; 2016-04-26 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AnteroXX View Post
    Like I care about some account in a forum full of degenerates.
    Love you to sweetums.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaros View Post
    To pristine servers, I'd go one or two steps further: decelerate leveling and/or buff mobs and bosses and make mob groups work better in teams.
    So hardcore mode (minus perma death)?

Now that you mention that... that could be appealing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    They open a pandoras box by creating special interest realms.

But who am i to question blizzards .. questionable.. ideas to split the community even more.
    I agree.

This is only going to increase whining for a vanilla realm and when thats not enough several more realms

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    Let's not kid ourselves. Vanilla has little to do with it. The predominant reason those people play in there is because it's free.

Dude, do you really believe that? Really?! You couldn't be more wrong. There are A LOT of progressive BC/Wrath even some Cata servers that are fully Blizz-like and operational.

This whole thing is just like how runescape's got there old server. It really does trigger me a bit seeing all of these comments saying "it's just nostalgia", it's about getting back the game we loved to play. Hang in there guys and don't quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Azgraal View Post
    This. People get all angry at 12 months of the same raid tier like we've been having for some expansions now (which is awful and some heads at blizzard should be kicked in if they think this is acceptable), yet they piss themselves like an over-excited dog at the idea of perpetuous MC. Go figure.
    I would love to see if blizzard did a legit classic server if ppl are gonna like to play the last patch of it for years ....?

Wow, why the crap are there so many "No" Votes? Nostralius had more active users than all SEA realms.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziros22 View Post
    Wow, why the crap are there so many "No" Votes? Nostralius had more active users than all SEA realms.
    Because Pristine isn't a classic realm. It's just current with levelling potions and tools removed. And levelling on current without any of that is piss easy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by THE313 View Post
    I would love to see if blizzard did a legit classic server if ppl are gonna like to play the last patch of it for years ....?
    i would give it 6-8 months before its dead

Quote Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
    Blah Blah Blah. Every one of those quarter million signatures is an individual person right? Those numbers are utterly meaningless. All of this is the effect of one terrible expansion and blizzards continuous dropping of the PR ball.

They should have just just shut that server down and told every single player that wants to live in the not so special past to go fuck themselves.
    Most of them probably were. There were many popular internet personalities promoting it. Nos' stats are what they are. At this point you're just covering your eyes and ears and shouting "nyah nyah it's all fake" like a total ignoramus.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ziros22 View Post
    Because it's not a Vanilla realm. It's not what legacy server proponents want.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    i would give it 6-8 months before its dead
    Nos was a year old and gaining players rapidly. Hopefully you're not a betting man.