Page 3 of 86 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel0ns View Post
    How is that even relevant? It doesnt cost the opposing side a penny, it just brings joy to those who want those servers.
    If Blizzard gives time and resources to it, it will be at the cost of real content.
    If they don't and just allow pirate servers to do it instead they are not protecting their intellectual property.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    How much of a douchebag do you have to be if you start a company and get voted out by your board?
    And I'm not talking about a "He will lay down his position next month."-fired.
    This is a "He's no longer CEO in 5.. 4.. 3.. 2.. 1.. and don't talk about this with anyone!"-firing.
    Here ya go.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Re...ws-E266907.htm

Yeah, this is the guy you want to listen to when it comes to game development. What did he even contribute to WoW? Nobody seems to know, beyond being a "team lead."
    Those same people would say Ghostcrawler did every single thing that was ever put into WoW too.

What did he even contribute to WoW? Nobody seems to know, beyond being a "team lead."
    He was in charge of walls, he made plenty of walls

Deleted
    Oh well. Sounds like "Revenge of an old employee"..

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    And if you put a ream of paper in a printer and printed every page and set that in a stack. Then put in another ream and did the same thing......
    Eh, that's certainly possible. But, why would he actually print it? I'm saying he is basically using a prop, not that he should not have. I still call BS.

100% on the mark.

Blizz should be ashamed of themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfheart9 View Post
    No, it really doesn't.
    It's part of WoW, if we can see fan videos I don't see why something that a few hundred thousands people like not being on the frontpage.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Eh, that's certainly possible. But, why would he actually print it? I'm saying he is basically using a prop, not that he should not have. I still call BS.
    Like he said, citing numbers and having text on a screen is somewhat ephemeral. When you have it physically presented, there's kind of a "whoa" moment.

It could easily be a prop, absolutely. I just meant it's possible he decided to kill a tree.

The biggest reason I feel that Blizzard should have kept the pre-Cataclysm version of WoW around, even if just in storage, is from an archivist and preservationist standpoint. Video games have become a huge part of our society's pop culture, and perhaps culture in general. WoW does have a huge, historic impact and the fact that it's essentially gone from existence is disappointing. You can still play Pong, Super Mario Bros, Donkey Kong, Pac-Man. MMOs, unfortunately, don't lend themselves to being preserved.

Though EverQuest did see some success with a Legacy Progression server. I'd have thought Blizzard would have had the foresight to have things put aside to be capable of something similar.
    Last edited by Faroth; 2016-04-26 at 05:26 PM.

It's like people think papers can't be recycled.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tome View Post
    It's like people think papers can't be recycled.
    i think the point is showing a ton of pages to show that people want it when really alot of the signs are fake so there would be way way less

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    100% on the mark.

Blizz should be ashamed of themselves.
    Blizzard shouldn't listen to the guy.

Yeah, this is the guy you want to listen to when it comes to game development. What did he even contribute to WoW? Nobody seems to know, beyond being a "team lead."
    Team lead is basically one of the higest positions. He's just after Mike Morhaime in the credits. The one who supervised most of the things.

Quote Originally Posted by Feyinh View Post
    Rather listen to that guy or anyone else but someone like you at this point.

Being a developer isn't the same as being a CEO. I'd consider Brad McQuaid as probably one of the worst CEOs of all time, but he has some fantastic ideas as a game developer.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fojos View Post
    Team lead is basically one of the higest positions. He's just after Mike Morhaime in the credits. The one who supervised most of the things.
    well he couldn't have been that good of a team lead if hes not still leading.

Deleted

Basically the team leader or development lead or whatever left blizzard to create ArenaNet. Blizzard was going to cancel World of Warcraft, and Mark Kern said that he wanted to try to get it released and became team lead. The rest is history.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom4u2 View Post
    It's part of WoW, if we can see fan videos I don't see why something that a few hundred thousands people like not being on the frontpage.
    It's not part of WoW. Fan videos are for the community, this video is to Blizzard. Blizzard can watch it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh god.. that's gold.. And sadly.. I actually was one of the ones hoping for Firefall.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    well he couldn't have been that good of a team lead if hes not still leading.
    He got burnt out and left shortly after wow was shipped.

Quote Originally Posted by deeyar View Post
    A self-made, billionaire CEO of a division within a Fortune 500 company doesn't give a damn about the opinion of a former employee that went on to fail as a designer (we'll ignore the discussion about "Legacy" servers, because to be frank, it'll be a cold day in hell before it happens).