Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    more money, more problems. this gold inflation is going to get out of hand qucikly.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Damn. In retrospect, I should have written an addon which would recharge all missions right on log in (if the character is parked near the missions table) and maybe something to log in all characters one by one in unattended mode. Then it'd be like 5 minutes in the morning and 5 minutes in the evening without human interaction besides launching it all.
    Addons can't:
    - Login (logging out and selecting the next characters works, but you can't automate the login)
    - Click the missions table to open the garrison UI

To fully automate everything you need to violate the TOS and risk a ban.

10+ Year Old Account
    the "war on alts" continues ... now i wont even need them to be purses

Deleted
    About missiongold per day, aren't people using Master Plan? (I'm assuming it is accurate, but remember to substract the shipyard gold)
    I think the "goldcounter" was added in Master Plan during May last year. I have been unsubbed 2½-3 months during that time.

So... on my main (which were fully TH built before "goldcounter") I have 227k gold collected since then. Two alts who wasn't fully TH built have 182k and 186k earned. Been doing missions 2-3 times each day (well, like 9 out of 10 days or so)

So ~8 months is about 240 days. So ~1k each day on my main.

Quote Originally Posted by pucca View Post
    Addons can't:
    - Login (logging out and selecting the next characters works, but you can't automate the login)
    - Click the missions table to open the garrison UI

To fully automate everything you need to violate the TOS and risk a ban.
    They won't see a custom program that clicks buttons, nor would they be concerned with these few harmless clicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    more money, more problems. this gold inflation is going to get out of hand qucikly.
    A bigger wallet won't give you money problems. Or solve them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Then at least reply with correct information.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, Glyphs are going to be consumables again in Legion.
    What was the wrong information? I wrote the exact same damn thing in laymens. Was the extra 7 too confusing for ya? Soz, that was my Runescape glory days coming back to me 2.147billion gold cap.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Deleted
    Why not go all the way and cap it at 922,337,203,685,477.58.07 (over 922 billions, that's more gold than the entire world's playerbase has combined)? It's the highest it can go since they're obviously already using a 64bit value for it.

BMAH auctions are going to get a whole lot crazier.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    What was the wrong information? I wrote the exact same damn thing in laymens. Was the extra 7 too confusing for ya? Soz, that was my Runescape glory days coming back to me 2.147billion gold cap.
    You reasoned it was because other games did it. Not due to technical limitations. You did not write the same thing, or even something similar.

What about the gold cap to transfer a toon between servers? Still the same?

I sadly made gold cap this expansion from my lonely garrison.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Watchmeblock View Post
    What about the gold cap to transfer a toon between servers? Still the same?
    250k was proposed, so yeah, even worse compared to the max you can have.

Wait, they said they're gonna increase the cap for mounts on the BMAH?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    The way Legion is looking... there isn't going to be a WoW in a few years.
    And this totally hasn't been said since TBC was announced with Blood Elves for the "Brutal Horde!", paladins for the Horde and shamans + aliens for the Alliance.

Will be interesting to see what this does to the BMAH.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

Deleted
    yeah used to something like 214,748g 50 odd silver and something copper, same sort of problem bosses with over 2.1billion HP, don't know how they worked out a new cap but i think boss hp problem stil exist

As long as the amount you can stuff in the Gbank is the same this is just fine, but if not the 250k limit on gold transferred and current goldcap in Gbank is going to leave some of us put off when we're considering a transfer.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

7+ Year Old Account
    I hear a lot of you MMO-C'ers are already gold-capped. Trade chat has regular people stating how "easy," gold is to attain in Warlords.

Someone please feel free to let me in on the secret because I never have more than 50k gold at any one time. I do the H25 raids like Firelands, BoT, BWL every week on 2-6 characters or so and it doesn't really add up for me. Is it just a time investment thing? Do I need to put in some hours farming stuff? /shrug

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveRocks View Post
    I hear a lot of you MMO-C'ers are already gold-capped. Trade chat has regular people stating how "easy," gold is to attain in Warlords.

Someone please feel free to let me in on the secret because I never have more than 50k gold at any one time. I do the H25 raids like Firelands, BoT, BWL every week on 2-6 characters or so and it doesn't really add up for me. Is it just a time investment thing? Do I need to put in some hours farming stuff? /shrug
    it's basically learning plenty of trading techniques and garrison stuff at the mo, it's still a lot of time and work put in, people have more gold to play with now as the game ages with economy , 1g in classic is worth 100g now. game tokens exist now so the people that dont have time or can't be bothered can just trade those to the rich

- - - Updated - - -

just think all the trillions of gold in wow is from the moment they turned on servers in 2004 - 2016 every bit of it has come from players looting corpses and completing quests

the only real sink is to buy things from vendors that are completely soulbound
    Last edited by mmoc9e94235ac9; 2016-04-26 at 10:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveRocks View Post

get yourself 1-X characters with 15 treasure hunters ilvl 675, probably a good 1k per toon minimum with gold missions, salvage crates, weekly chance at exp potion/1k conq/honor token/rep token/250 oil/1k GR, problem is this needed to be done a year ago not with 3-4 months till legion pre-patch.

next is having a couple of 735+ toons to boost mythic/heroic raids and make 50-150k for 1-3 hours boosting.

these are the simplest things that bring is plenty of gold, playing the AH is always the best but the most time consuming.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fixup View Post
    just think all the trillions of gold in wow is from the moment they turned on servers in 2004 - 2016 every bit of it has come from players looting corpses and completing quests
    im willing to bet a huge chunk is from duplicated gold from hacked accounts, in cata i was hacked lost 500k, it was mailed away to some other toons to sell my gold, i simply mail a GM 500k is given back to me.

now imagine the thousands upon thousands of hacked accounts asking for their gold back, keeping a player playing after they got hacked and just throwing 500k gold into the game is more important to blizzard than the games economy and players quitting because everything was stolen.