Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    It doesn't play like rogue/feral at all because you're not waiting to get something done (build CP) to get something else done (spend that CP). You just don't have the focus required to do all the things on cooldown. This forces you to pick what to prioritize, which can be either good or bad. You really can't form a legitimate opinion on this without trying it for yourself.

I just personally think it's shit.
    The comparison was just the hypothetical I chose to make the point. I know it's not actually like rogues/feral because of the glaring absence of a secondary resource (not saying it should have one, mind you).

Deleted
    I want to love survival, I really do, but there's something about spamming 1 button 6 times in a row which feels very odd and simple.

Also the artifact ability visuals better be placeholder haha xD

Did you play/like survival in SoO? I ask because that was a time that a lot of people look back on the spec fondly, in part to do with the set bonus that gave you a chance to not consume L&L procs when you used explosive shot. It seems like the mongoose bite system was at least partially inspired by the positive feedback they got about that playstyle.
    Dibbler <Electric Sheep> - Mythic raiding 7/7, 2/3, 10 hours/week

FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC

Man, the sky if falling in every class forum "The state of hunters" there was no top guilds in WoD that killed bosses without hunters. It will never happen. Why? Because hunters are always good progression class. Who cares if you can't pull 1mil DPS year after progression. What matters is first kills. And what I see from Alpha now, you will want hunters.

Now, what we should be talking about is that melee spec will never be better that ranged for progression Can anyone recall when Ferals were superior to Boomkins? Me too. Same thing will happen to Surv. But to say that "Hunters" are fucked is not right

LOL, I don't know why you think you can talk down to me but, whatever

If you know what are you talking about then name the patch where hunters were warming benches like useless class. I raid since T4 content and I always had a place in raid. And I am in top 100 guild so I have some experience. People here complain on no-brainer "rotation" most of the time, but in 99% of cases nobody comes up with a solution. And I am not talking about numbers in Alpha or numbers in previous patches for that matter. The only "problem" for me on Alpha is that MM lose some of it mobility, I don't see any of the specs as "OMG if this shit is going live I'm done".

It's just, reading any class topics I get impression that everybody wants their class/spec to rape shit and if it's not THE best you basically have to reroll.

No offence, boys, let's hope for the best

People complain because they (well, not all) did not played any of the spec with a good amount of haste. All hunters specs are feels slow and cluncky if you have 10% haste.

After all, this "gameplay/playstyle" thing IS subjective, so, no there is no point to argue. Just share opinions

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifritlol View Post
    People complain because they (well, not all) did not played any of the spec with a good amount of haste. All hunters specs are feels slow and cluncky if you have 10% haste.

After all, this "gameplay/playstyle" thing IS subjective, so, no there is no point to argue. Just share opinions
    People is playing all 3 specs with tons of haste, not 10%. We are doing raid testings with close to 50% haste now, and everything is still shit except for SW MM.

I am willing to hear what is needed to be done for everything exept SW MM to not be shit. Any ideas? Other then "OMG add some buttons my brain is too powerful for this kind of gameplay"

You know what, you won guys. I'll just wait for 30.08 and play one of the shit specs, don't want to discuss this anymore
    Last edited by Ifritlol; 2016-04-22 at 05:57 PM.

Apologies if this has been answered already, but I couldn't find it looking through the thread.

Do we have any idea yet if we're given a polearm/staff (or we can start the artifact quests?) when the pre-legion patch hits, or should we just have one ready to go preemptively if we plan on playing SV immediately?

Quote Originally Posted by thraton View Post
    Apologies if this has been answered already, but I couldn't find it looking through the thread.

Do we have any idea yet if we're given a polearm/staff (or we can start the artifact quests?) when the pre-legion patch hits, or should we just have one ready to go preemptively if we plan on playing SV immediately?
    IIRC there was a dev response that we'd be provided with the type of weapon we need to use until we can complete the artifact quest chain.

I'm sure someone else will correct me if I'm misremembering

Quote Originally Posted by Kissthebaby View Post
    No one even thinks that shit. If you actually read anything I wrote you can see that people are just complaining about play style not so much dps out put. They completely re did all 3 specs and for the most part the consensus is that non of them feel good to play. People care more about how the spec plays than damage output for the most part.

Also hunters were terrible during dragon soul progression until they buffed them with usual band aid weeks later. Clearly you don't remember the aspect of the hawk band aid buff hunters got for almost 6 tiers in a row throughout cata and mop. Every tier there was a buff to hunters weeks after the fact.
    That's being too easy on blizzard. Half the time it was literally mid tier, and the other half after "the race" was over.

Let's not forget, hunters are also the class of musical chairs (specs). Don't get too comfortable with MM, because when they open the next raid part, it might be survival (which probably means you will need to have your alt ready).

Having only just discovered old parody posts, I feel I should point out that buffing trap damage by 99.9% would still only give us 2% of the damage we get using shots. I'm glad that Legion hunters are getting a melee weapon instead. :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    It doesn't play like rogue/feral at all because you're not waiting to get something done (build CP) to get something else done (spend that CP). You just don't have the focus required to do all the things on cooldown. This forces you to pick what to prioritize, which can be either good or bad. You really can't form a legitimate opinion on this without trying it for yourself.

I just personally think it's shit.
    I'm asking humbly here, because I'm not on Alpha, but wouldn't having to choose and prioritize provide some skill to the class? Instead of the over-simplification so many are complaining about? I mean, if you could use every ability then there would be no strategy other than yeah, sure, lets use them all.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Well except the fact that you can't use several abilities at the same time, save for non-GCD ones but that's besides the point. So whether you're limited by focus to execute all abilities on cooldown or not, you'll still just be using the abilities you do have according to a priority system. There's basically no difference.

Priority systems for simple ability usage is also as braindead as "skillcaps" get. The skillcap of a spec should lie in applying that spec to the context of an encounter, not pressing the buttons that light up in the optimal order/priority.

In addition to what Azortharion said, there's some additional weirdness with the spec. You're more mobile than your pet, so you actually end up in situations where you can't press one of your main buttons (flanking strike) because your pet is out of range. Traps are inconsistent in placement, travel time, and area effect, which makes things weird to use (explosive trap only can be placed at your feet, but tar trap and freezing trap can be thrown, with different travel times and trigger delays). The spec actually felt a lot better and more reasonable with an 8yd ability range... the 5 yd range feels extremely punishing compared to other melee specs due to the nature of mongoose strike. Additionally, mongoose strike not costing any focus yet the spec being based around spamming it puts you in the uncomfortable situation of capping, especially if you take the CD talent that instantly gives you 3 charges of mongoose strike.

Overall, the spec doesn't flow. It certainly has power; the damage you can do with the final hit or two of a well executed mongoose strike combo will be absolutely brutal in PvP (and yet, easily counterable by a good team). But it just feels clunky... there's no solid synergy between abilities. Some changes that I think would immediately improve the spec: lower flanking strike cost to 30-35 and make it guarantee a charge of mongoose strike, increase ability range back to 8yds (you ARE using a spear instead of a sword, after all), make all traps have the same behavior (either all thrown, or all placed, with the same travel time and activation), and make your pet move with you during harpoon. Also, lacerate needs some interaction with your "rotation" other than just applying a bleed. Perhaps remove the talent that makes the bleeds have a chance to generate a mongoose strike charge, and make that baseline.

Finally, while SV hunter isn't alone in this regard, the devs have been quite silent in regards to feedback, which seems to have been largely ignored. Some specs seem to have much more developer engagement and involvement, and all three hunter specs seem to be lacking in that department, ESPECIALLY SV.

Deleted
    Well problems with pet can be solved if you make macro for Harpoon tied to your pet speed buff, i`m not checked how long the buff timer is but when you jump from target to target as melee is much easyer to control what pet does because you will be on the target ass not 40 yards away

Edit
    Actually now seems your pet jump with us (atleast if we are not in combat)
    What makes me to gigle is that trait who gives 9% leech bounded to Raptor strike
    Thats looks abit stupid from all abilityes they chose to put that on ability who hit for like 50-60k damage with crits who i personally use only to refresh serpent sting talent or whatever is called ???(atlest on my not that geared 110 hunter)
    Last edited by mmoc2b5ad7a33a; 2016-05-07 at 12:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm so excited to try out this specc..

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm hoping they let survival hunters use soul capacitor when the prepatch comes out. Sure it's only for a short while but I think it'd be cool.

Can we mog the ugly artifact spear into a 2-h sword like http://www.wowhead.com/item=19364 ?
    If so, i'm excited about survival!

Quote Originally Posted by Ninthelora View Post
    Can we mog the ugly artifact spear into a 2-h sword like http://www.wowhead.com/item=19364 ?
    If so, i'm excited about survival!
    You can also make it a 2h axe or a staff.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    You can also make it a 2h axe or a staff.
    Oehh excited! Hopefully once we can dual wield again. Like rexar!