Quote Originally Posted by svinoi banana View Post
    wtf lol....
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Katana running attacks are probably the most telegraphed and simplest attacks in the game to parry. Anyone that has a parry shield equipped and has played any Dark Souls before will just laugh and appreciate the free riposte. Running and rolling attacks in general are that way against experienced players. I actually stopped playing my SL100 character because fights became excessively boring - experienced players would wait for me to attack so they could parry (and I do the same), and whoever gets the parry wins because Hornet Ring. Less experienced players, you just parry them and one-shot them with a riposte and move on. Very, very boring.
    Yeah, it is easy to parry, however I usually fake out a lot of people as if you time it properly you can start the stab, immediately backstep to cancel, then just normal attack. /shrug it works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Svinoi Banana View Post
    That's the grab from the dancer. Really cool though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    Yeah, it is easy to parry, however I usually fake out a lot of people as if you time it properly you can start the stab, immediately backstep to cancel, then just normal attack. /shrug it works for me.
    Eh, just keep running at them, it's funnier that way. They parry and you're just running in their face.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Eh, just keep running at them, it's funnier that way. They parry and you're just running in their face.
    I do that too! haha

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, this is one of those test it out yourself. You have the game right? That's the conclusion I got.
    People have been testing, extensively, since the JP release and out of hundreds or probably thousands of tests at this point, the only thing Juutas could definitively come up with is that poise protects from hitstun when exiting a roll.

- - - Updated - - -

I do that too! haha
    It's basically all you *can* do in DS3 with how few startup frames there on parries, and how wide the parry window for "parry shields" (buckler, target shield, small leather, plus "parry tools" like parrying dagger) is. It's possible to reactively parry anything from greatsword on up, while you can just tank or block the first swing of a faster weapon (estoc, straight sword) and parry the second, since there's also no delay between "block inactive" and "parry starts." Even with how fast estoc, dark sword, etc are there's still time to enter the active frames of a parry between two R1's.

It's extremely stupid. I personally feel parrying has been overpowered in all of the Dark Souls games (or, rather, "parry tools/shields" are), but it's particularly problematic for DS3, especially since Hornet Ring is back AND we have four ring slots instead of 2 (at least Hornet Ring was substantially costly in DS1.)

It's very strange that so much emphasis was put into multiplayer - the whole "players with summons are more likely to be invaded" thing practically screams WE WANT PLAYERS FIGHTING EACH OTHER - and yet the multiplayer is just so shit compared to either previous entry in the series.

The lack of small white soapstone also utterly mystifies me. A vast majority of my DS2 playtime was "drop small white sign, continue through area, be summoned, complete duty, place small sign on return, repeat." You got small (and arguably more useful, if you weren't a sunbro) rewards for a small time contribution, and someone had help for an area they found difficult, or just someone to play with for a few minutes.

DS3's more expansive areas and lack of consumable healing items result in estus running out pretty fast. This means when the host is safely guided to the next bonfire, or a shortcut back to an existing bonfire, they either can't recharge or they have to send their buddy home with the black crystal (meaning the buddy receives no rewards other than the souls gained while helping) so they can recharge. This is a STUPID damn system, especially if you want to encourage people to do multi-player. As a result, I never place my sign unless it's by a boss gate and most of the "co-op" I'll do is as a summoned Darkmoon.

And let me harp on that particular brand of nonsense, too! Why does the summoned blue spawn FAR AWAY from the person he's supposed to protect!? And THEN they also make blues hostile to monsters, so they can't chase reds freely? Man, I'm fine with being a rent-a-sunbro, but don't make me have to fight through three hordes of monsters to reach the host first (or run through them, resulting in them chasing me and then attacking all of us when I arrive) when the entire goddamned fucking point of the covenant is to PROTECT THE HOST! And don't get me started on maps with a lot of verticality, where you spawn relatively close to the host via straight line, but basically half of the fucking map away from them otherwise. Do they have any idea how fucking absurd it is for a blue to be summoned to help the host, only for them to see 10 minutes of dungeon-clearing ahead of them (with half estus!) and just fucking black crystal out because it's not worth the time?

And where are blue invasions of sinners? There's a statute of Velka but even after killing dozens of hosts through red and purple invasions and Watchdog PvP, I still can't request absolution because "I have not sinned." At least then you'd have a REASON to have two covenants that are otherwise literal duplicates of each other.

Like, I cannot fucking believe how obviously rushed this game is, and how people are still stupid enough to praise it as 9/10 GOTY material. Even in spite of its clearly rushed state, it's a solid game - but that's a 7/10. 9/10 and 10/10 are for games that are literally flawless, or close enough that it makes no difference. DS3 is not a flawless product, or even close to it, and even three hours spent examining the game critically makes that incredibly apparent. Maybe that's why FromSoft is done doing business with Bamco.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Like, I cannot fucking believe how obviously rushed this game is, and how people are still stupid enough to praise it as 9/10 GOTY material. Even in spite of its clearly rushed state, it's a solid game - but that's a 7/10. 9/10 and 10/10 are for games that are literally flawless, or close enough that it makes no difference. DS3 is not a flawless product, or even close to it, and even three hours spent examining the game critically makes that incredibly apparent. Maybe that's why FromSoft is done doing business with Bamco.
    It just shows the hypocrisy of the gaming community.

DS3 is a good game, but so are other games that the internet has blasted for lack of innovation and reusing assets. Really DS2 and DS3 are rushed games to make a buck. Demon's Souls, Dark Souls and Bloodborne are all fully unique and you can tell a lot of work and love went into them. You just can't feel the same for DS2 or DS3 at all.

If the next AC game, even if they make a good one was just same ole combat all over again with reused building assets the internet would tear it to shreds. Same is true of any EA/Ubisoft/insert big name publisher game. Smaller companies it seems get free passes on criticism.

Oh and PVP in DS3 is already complete trash. You either get scrub with no honor who will just chug on you, so you parry fish for the one shot or you end up fighting a guy who is just parry fishing you and becomes a game of who gets bored faster. GG hornet ring.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2016-04-27 at 03:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    --snip--
    I agree about DS2 but not about DS3 being rushed.

I think its great quality and not rushed at all but thats my opinion.

As for this.
    You either get scrub with no honor who will just chug on you, so you parry fish for the one shot or you end up fighting a guy who is just parry fishing you and becomes a game of who gets bored faster.
    Ummmm fuck your so called "Honor". You invade me I will use everything I got to kill you besides cheating. So if someone chugs a drink on you thats your fault for not killing them fast enough. All is fair in love and war.

As for ur comment about AC, Tell me what is different in AC Unity and AC Syndicate I bet its a super short list. The only AC I loved was blackflag because it was different. Different theme and the sea combat was fun.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-04-27 at 03:33 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    It just shows the hypocrisy of the gaming community.

DS3 is a good game, but so are other games that the internet has blasted for lack of innovation and reusing assets. Really DS2 and DS3 are rushed games to make a buck. Demon's Souls, Dark Souls and Bloodborne are all fully unique and you can tell a lot of work and love went into them. You just can't feel the same for DS2 or DS3 at all.

If the next AC game, even if they make a good one was just same ole combat all over again with reused building assets the internet would tear it to shreds. Same is true of any EA/Ubisoft/insert big name publisher game. Smaller companies it seems get free passes on criticism.

Oh and PVP in DS3 is already complete trash. You either get scrub with no honor who will just chug on you, so you parry fish for the one shot or you end up fighting a guy who is just parry fishing you and becomes a game of who gets bored faster. GG hornet ring.
    Fuck honor. If you emote at me it just means I get to peg you with a free talisman.

Invaders can chug too. It's not our fault if you're dumb and don't use the tools you're given.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    People have been testing, extensively, since the JP release and out of hundreds or probably thousands of tests at this point, the only thing Juutas could definitively come up with is that poise protects from hitstun when exiting a roll.
    Again, this is my observation, if it isn't then... yay you for, something?

Fuck honor. If you emote at me it just means I get to peg you with a free talisman.

Invaders can chug too. It's not our fault if you're dumb and don't use the tools you're given.
    If you want to chug and prolong a battle you're going to lose anyways that's on you. Fact is chugging is not going to save anyone in this game, either the better player or the player that parry fished is going to win. Always in 1v1 situations. That's a flat out fact. Having no honor just makes you a little bitch who took 2 mins extra to kill.

If you want to chug and prolong a battle you're going to lose anyways that's on you. Fact is chugging is not going to save anyone in this game, either the better player or the player that parry fished is going to win. Always in 1v1 situations. That's a flat out fact. Having no honor just makes you a little bitch who took 2 mins extra to kill.
    Chugging gives me another shot at living one of your attacks and getting a opening to kill you.

All your doing is bitching about someone using the tools the game provides. I chug on boss fights and ill chug when fighting you. A good player knows how to get distance when needed to heal up.

Seems like someone is mad they got killed by a player who healed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    As for ur comment about AC, Tell me what is different in AC Unity and AC Syndicate
    Pretty much everything actually. Even the combat was entirely different from typical AC formula and more like the batman games. There is a reason Syndicate reviewed well overall. If an AC game used the same assets as Syndicate on the other hand even if the gameplay was fantastic it would get shit on.

As far as your other shit, read the above. Having no honor just makes you a troll, it's not going to win you any battle. I'm also not talking about random people I would invade playing the game normally, I don't expect them to have any honor and I would just troll them equally anyways. I'm talking about idiots in the fight club area putting down summon signs who will just chug away. There is no point of that there, if you want to actually pvp and get better at the game which should be what an area like that is about you learn more from getting in and out of fights quicker not just being a douche nozzle prolonging the inevitable.

- - - Updated - - -

Seems like someone is mad they got killed by a player who healed.
    LMAO, want to password it up? You want to get 1 shot by the hornet ring by me and tell me the pvp is good bro?

Pretty much everything actually. Even the combat was entirely different from typical AC formula and more like the batman games. There is a reason Syndicate reviewed well overall. If an AC game used the same assets as Syndicate on the other hand even if the gameplay was fantastic it would get shit on.

As far as your other shit, read the above. Having no honor just makes you a troll, it's not going to win you any battle. I'm also not talking about random people I would invade playing the game normally, I don't expect them to have any honor and I would just troll them equally anyways. I'm talking about idiots in the fight club area putting down summon signs who will just chug away. There is no point of that there, if you want to actually pvp and get better at the game which should be what an area like that is about you learn more from getting in and out of fights quicker not just being a douche nozzle prolonging the inevitable.

- - - Updated - - -

LMAO, want to password it up?
    Good chance you will kick my ass, I'm not a pvper in any of the Form Software games. Doesn't mean when I get invaded I won't use every trick in the book to win. Thats pvp for ya tho in any game.

Also Unity is only slightly less then Syndicate in reviews at lease on the ps4 version. Other reviews change slightly for both.
    http://www.metacritic.com/game/plays...ns-creed-unity
    http://www.metacritic.com/game/plays...reed-syndicate

So once again the tools are there for you to use, Don't want to use them then its ur own fault.

10+ Year Old Account
    Again, this is my observation, if it isn't then... yay you for, something?
    And you're saying that I should test it myself. That's great but there have been people testing it extensively since the first week of JP release, so why should I waste my time just replicating their results?

I've won tons of fights by chugging. Attrition is an intentional part of DS3's design. Deal with it.

Good chance you will kick my ass, I'm not a pvper in any of the Form Software games. Doesn't mean when I get invaded I won't use every trick in the book to win. Thats pvp for ya tho in any game.

Also Unity is only slightly less then Syndicate in reviews at lease on the ps4 version. Other reviews change slightly for both.
    http://www.metacritic.com/game/plays...ns-creed-unity
    http://www.metacritic.com/game/plays...reed-syndicate

So once again the tools are there for you to use, Don't want to use them then its ur own fault.
    You don't know how metacritic works do you? Hint: it's not an average of all scores. There is a massive difference between generally favorable and mixed, even if Unity was a 74 and on the borderline which it's not it would still be a huge difference.

And the point about PVP was not that I'm better then you or would kick your ass the point is I would one shot you because of a broken ring and that is what the game has come down to, parry 1 shot to prevent battles from lasting forver, parry fish to kill someone who knows what they're doing and also trying to parry shit. The PVP is shit, doesn't matter who is the better player.

- - - Updated - - -

I've won tons of fights by chugging. Attrition is an intentional part of DS3's design. Deal with it.
    Against scrubs probably. You chug on me I'm going to go nothing but parry fish until you get 1 shot. Deal with it. Shit pvp is shit. When the hornet ring is the only viable way of pvping because of both chuggers and also other hornet ring users that is not an interesting PVP setup. Trying to argue otherwise is laughable. Nobody wants to play a game of attrition and no one wants to play 30 min moba matches. Souls pvp has always been about getting in and out of fights fast ala fighting game setups. Maybe you thinking fighting 2 resto druids in arena would be interesting because of "attrition" I prefer to see who is better and get onto the next bout.

It's like you never even played other souls games, in DS1 or even the shit pvp of DS2 if you chugged you where getting punished hardcore lmao. Unless your opponent foolishly let you have that much distance which would be their mistake. Problem is you can't really punish chugging at all if done right.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2016-04-27 at 05:57 AM.

There is an honor system in place, but usually that's only in 1v1 duels/fight clubs. If i get invaded, yeah i'm gonna drink. Outside of that, nope. I only drink when they drink, usually capitalizing on their drinking.

There is an honor system in place, but usually that's only in 1v1 duels/fight clubs. If i get invaded, yeah i'm gonna drink. Outside of that, nope. I only drink when they drink, usually capitalizing on their drinking.
    And I don't have a problem with chugging itself, never gave a shit about it in DS1 or 2 as it was punishable.

In DS3 if you're not already in range to connect with an attack you won't have the frames to punish a chug. It's way too fast. To chug you should have to get a good distance or get punished like it has always been not the fast as fuck chug of DS3.

The problem with DS3 chugging is it just further promotes use of the retarded ass hornet ring which should of been the first thing they nerfed but it still exists for one shots for whatever dumbass reason. Meanwhile shit that wasn't even really that OP like fume got nerfed into the ground.

Except it's pretty obvious poise doesn't work like Ds1/2. You get staggered regardless in ds3. Previous games it prevented staggered.
    I was reading on fextralife that poise only takes effect when rolling.

Invading is hilarious. I got a lot of embers out of it.

Wish I could get better at 1v1, though. So far it's either the opponent massively outclasses me or the other way around. I have a Fire Uchigatana... though I need to respec. I'm planning on getting the Chaos Blade and going DEX/HP for PvP.

http://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.co...t+Curved+Sword

Also considered this one, seemingly it has ~400 damage at 40STR/DEX, but that seems like a lot to get.
    Last edited by pateuvasiliu; 2016-04-27 at 08:30 AM.