Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Will the account character cap be increased in legion?

Ok, so, serious question: there is currently a 50 characters cap, I read a thread before where someone said there's rumors it's increased to 65 in legion alpha.

Anyone with alpha access can confirm or deny this?

Don't really need "you need a life" or "I'd rather increase realm cap" answers btw, read enough on the other thread, the only thing I'm interested in is if you can make more than 50 characters on alpha in total, because a friend of mine said he only saw 3 realms in the eu alpha, so wonder if on the us there are more realms or if the rumor is fake?

No. They added a slot per realm.. but the account cap remains at 50.

Mmm, annoying, the problem is covering every single realm in eu except russians (where with an eu account you can't make chars): those realms are 103, add to it that everyone has a main realm with more than 1 char on it, and it becomes impossible to cover all realms with 2 accounts, if the rumor were true, it'd have been enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Esploratore View Post
    Mmm, annoying, the problem is covering every single realm in eu except russians (where with an eu account you can't make chars): those realms are 103, add to it that everyone has a main realm with more than 1 char on it, and it becomes impossible to cover all realms with 2 accounts, if the rumor were true, it'd have been enough.
    Just curious, but why would you need a character on every realm? What benefit does that serve?

Limit yourself to 1 character for connected realms and you'll fit it easily. Still, seems a rather odd goal. What's the point of having characters on realms where you can't understand anybody?

10+ Year Old Account
    I get people like having many alts but honestly....why would anyone ever even come close to hitting the cap of 50? You can't possibly actually play all of them regularly. Or am I just crazy? To each their own I guess but damn lol

10+ Year Old Account
    The notion that anyone needs more than 50 active characters is ridiculous to me.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Ok, so to clarify, I'm a pet flipper: the more realms I have available to find cheap pets and resell at normal prices, the more I can get, so this way I keep finding stuff (I check on undermine journal) which would be a big profit if only I had a bit of gold on that particular realm, but unfortunately there's no way I can get gold there if I can't even make a char there!

And onto why, despite realms only being 103, a 100 characters limit is a problem, it's because like most players I have a main realm as well, and I have 5 characters there, plus I have 6 on another high pop german realm I made to farm gold (lots of chars give more opportunities to farm cata 25 hcs) for tcg mounts back in early 2.015, and add to this that I had 1 char per realm on most english pve realms before connections, as an example, I had 1 char on each of these 5: alonsus, anachronos, kul tiras, eonar, blade's edge; then the first 3 got connected to each other and the last 2 got connected to each other, so I effectively lost more slots from this.

So it's really quite a high percentage of realms I'm leaving out even with 2 accounts, unless I delete chars that ended up having the realm connected to another realm I already had a char on, or chars from main realm or from that german realm, and it's not that I mind the time to re-level the character or anything, but mostly I'd lose all the statistics on the chars, they're level 100, geared, each of them has 20-30 runs on cata 25 hcs etc.

A 65 cap like I had read would totally solve this while also using 2 accounts.

Yeah, that's not really an issue that needs solving. 50 is still more than enough.

Buy another account. Blizzard having to account for cases like yours is something that won't (and shouldn't) happen.

and add to this that I had 1 char per realm on most english pve realms before connections, as an example, I had 1 char on each of these 5: alonsus, anachronos, kul tiras, eonar, blade's edge; then the first 3 got connected to each other and the last 2 got connected to each other, so I effectively lost more slots from this.
    Why would you lose character slots when they merge realms? Those with (e.g.) 5 realms connected is 1:5, that frees up 4 slots to make new characters. Delete the ones on, say, Alonus, Anachronos, Kul Tiras, Eonar - and just have ONE char on Blade's Edge. That's 4 extra characters you can make right there. There's what, like 107 realms, and a shitload of them are connected? One of them is like 10 all in 1, too. You should have more than enough space with two accounts. That alone brings it safely under the 100 realms, and thus 2 accounts needed.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2016-04-27 at 11:31 AM.

Deleted
    You can make chars on russian realms, you just have to enable the ruRU leng pack.

Deleted
    Well 50 toons cap is old should be raised to 60-70
    Some ppl do not have problems but others have.I`m in the second group i have around 10 max lv toons but also alot of very old ones who i keep around just because they have unique stuff who will be lost if i delete them.For example mout drops and old achievements they are recorded in my Bnet acoount indeed but i use them to transfer the achievements/mounts between my both Bnet accounts

Quote Originally Posted by Zaxio View Post
    Well 50 toons cap is old should be raised to 60-70
    Some ppl do not have problems but others have.I`m in the second group i have around 10 max lv toons but also alot of very old ones who i keep around just because they have unique stuff who will be lost if i delete them.For example mout drops and old achievements they are recorded in my Bnet acoount indeed but i use them to transfer the achievements/mounts between my both Bnet accounts
    Mounts, pets, achievements etc. get recorded to your BN. You can safely delete characters you earned a rare mount on. I got a GM to restore my old Paladin, who got the Blue Drake from the bag in Oculus ages ago, learned the mount and then deleted it again. Still able to use that mount. You can try it yourself - there is the "undelete" button on your character screen (usable once every 30(?) days) if it makes you feel better.

more than 50 characters? What for?

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    more than 50 characters? What for?
    I'm guessing he wants to step up his routine to 100 mount clears a week. At one point he was doing lfr (along with various mount runs) on 30 chars I believe
    @Esploratore i don't know how you keep this up man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

You can play on Russian servers with an EU account, you just need to download the Russian client. Unless they changed something very recently, that is.

It's a little annoying, because you have to exit WoW and battle.net app to swtich between them

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    I'm guessing he wants to step up his routine to 100 mount clears a week. At one point he was doing lfr (along with various mount runs) on 30 chars I believe
    Oh, wow. That's insane

Quote Originally Posted by Faenskap View Post
    You can play on Russian servers with an EU account, you just need to download the Russian client. Unless they changed something very recently, that is.

It's a little annoying, because you have to exit WoW and battle.net app to swtich between them
    Just change the settings of your battle net app to allow multiple instances open at once, and you can have multiple logged in. One for each region, and multiple accounts too.

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Just change the settings of your battle net app to allow multiple instances open at once, and you can have multiple logged in. One for each region, and multiple accounts too.
    Oh, nice. Didn't know that. Thanks!

Deleted
    Probably not. Also a previous thread showed how many casuals are playing the game who think it's normal to not be char capped with active max level characters (they were just outing themselves as casuals). So for no reason they will keep the current cap